DuckTales

films, DVDs, games, parks, etc.

Postby Daniel73 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:51 pm

From a private email sent to "A Guidebook"-site:

To: [dve]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 3:55 AM
Subject: Uncle Scrooge McDuck

- - - - - - - -

I've never heard Uncle Scrooge's original voice, only the Alan Young version; and yet, I can't help feeling lately that, even though his voice was fine for use in the DuckTales series, it just isn't the voice of a duck who in his prime could make the mightiest caber toss the vale of MacDuich had ever seen (as shown in The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, by Donald Rosa). Surely Scrooge's time in the wilds of the world would have given him a stronger and more resonant voice than Alan Young's voice is!

- - - - - - - -
Daniel73

Postby copycat » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:47 pm

DuckTales - Volume Two (1987)

Format: Box set, Color, NTSC
Language: English
Number of discs: 3
DVD Release Date: November 14, 2006

will it really be the REAL ducktales?, September 28, 2006
Reviewer: Jesse Guiher "tigertail" (Oregon)

My question is will the 5 part golden suns episodes be whole and complete? When they re-aired the episodes on Toon Disney they cut out various parts that I guess in the sanitary world of disney were deemed unacceptable. In "wrong way to Ronguay" they cut out a scene where there showed a world war 2 style cheesecake calender in the background... sexy looking women ducks in suggestive poses I guess are a no no. In "Don't give up the ship" simularly they cut out the "La orange" theatrical flyer front that showed a ballerina duck woman in what I guess could be a sexy pose. In the latter in cutting this out it made the storyline jump considerably and make no logical sense. There may be other cuts which I am unaware of, but these two alone both made the story jump a bit and not make as much sense. I have no idea why Disney would make such a big deal of these things to the detriment of the storylines, but for the airings on Toon Disney they did cut them out. I am really hoping they put the unedited versions on here, otherwise I will have to find a way to put my original syndicated tapings on dvd myself.

http://www.amazon.com/DuckTales-Two-Steve-Clark-VIII/dp/B000HWZ4R0/sr=1-26/qid=1160414082/ref=sr_1_26/104-5642374-8949523?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
copycat

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:13 am

Daniel73 wrote:From a private email sent to "A Guidebook"-site:

To: [dve]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 3:55 AM
Subject: Uncle Scrooge McDuck

- - - - - - - -

I've never heard Uncle Scrooge's original voice, only the Alan Young version; and yet, I can't help feeling lately that, even though his voice was fine for use in the DuckTales series, it just isn't the voice of a duck who in his prime could make the mightiest caber toss the vale of MacDuich had ever seen (as shown in The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, by Donald Rosa). Surely Scrooge's time in the wilds of the world would have given him a stronger and more resonant voice than Alan Young's voice is!

- - - - - - - -

I don't agree. Only Rosa's Scrooge is super-strong and invicibly tough (I thought the caber-tossing bit in the LIFE AND TIMES story was ridiculous). Alan Young's voice--mild-mannered and friendly yet often cantankerous and amusingly maniacal (I love his Scrooge laugh) is perfect for Barks' McDuck, I think.
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby Robb_K » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:08 am

Alan Young's voice didn't sound anything like a duck. We needed a Scottish person with a natural heavy brogue, who could also immitate a duck like Clarence Nash. That might be a very hard person to find. As Donald is very difficult to understand, can you imagine trying to decipher his words spoken in a heavy brogue.
Robb_K

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:25 am

That'd be like trying to understand Bela Lugosi talking with a Swedish accent! Seriously, I have no problems with Alan Young's voice not sounding "duck-like." When I read Barks stories to my younger brother and sister, I generally did Scrooge in an imitation of Young's voice and Donald's in his traditional Clarence Nash voice. I guess they might have clashed a bit, but it was fun.
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Return to Disney general