Capcom remakes Ducktales game

films, DVDs, games, parks, etc.

Capcom remakes Ducktales game

Postby Lupineleigh » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:56 pm

Hello,
I hope there are still people around who use this board. I just discovered it from following a link that was posted on a discussion board talking about Ducktales episodes.

I'm very excited about the upcoming release of the remastered version of Ducktales. It answers some questions from the original game, it has the original voice actors (although I thought Fenton's voice actor had passed away, as did Flintheart Glomgold's? Maybe they were voiced by someone who sounded like them.) and it has beautiful backgrounds. The game, I think, is only going to be released online for a few game systems (none of which I own... :( )

As for me, I'm a fanfic writer on Fanfiction.net, an artist on DeviantArt, a member of the Old Haunt forum on Negaverse.net, and an rper on Duckverse.socialgo.com. I rediscovered my life long (seriously, I remember naming a couple of toy bears Donald and Daisy when I was four years old and pretending they were the duck characters) love of Disney ducks after Boom! Studios released new comics for Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, and Uncle Scrooge.

After Boom! lost their license to produce Disney comics, I started looking for older comics. I discovered Don Rosa first (I see the faults in the "Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" but I still really enjoy most of Rosa's stories). Then I discovered Carl Barks' work. I am currently collecting Fantagraphics' Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge volumes. Fantagraphics is planning on releasing all of Barks' duck stories over a period of time (I think they're releasing two hardback books a year? "The Old Castle's Secret" is the newest release and "Bear on Christmas Mountain" will come out in November. These titles have several long stories, several short stories, lots of fun single page stories, and essays collected in the back so they are well worth the investment. I buy them from Barnes and Noble's website since it's a little cheaper but I did buy the first volume directly from Fantagraphics.

I hope this board can be revived. If not, then at least future visitors who stumble onto here can see some current news from the Disney duck verse. :) Another fun thing to keep an eye out for next year is a possible music album for "The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck." http://www.noisecreep.com/2013/06/06/nightwish-tuomas-holopaninen-update-life-times-scrooge-mcduck/

That's all I can think of aside from one last thing: happy belated 79th birthday to Donald Duck!
Lupineleigh

Re: Capcom remakes Ducktales game

Postby Ridder ter Geit » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:56 am

There isn't much activity on the English part of the forum. There still is on the Dutch part.
Here is Holland Duck-stories still are actively printed with new work from artists from around the world. Though most of us here still consider Carl Barks the best Duck artist.
Thank you for the interesting update about the 'Lo$-soundtrack'!
Ridder ter Geit

Postby Lupineleigh » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:31 pm

Thanks for the reply :)
Learned some new information today thanks to Disney's D23 club (I'm so glad they created a free membership level). Donald Duck's first appearance was not a film appearance, but a book called "The Adventures of Mickey Mouse" that dates back to 1931; three years before "The Wise Little Hen"! Donald's name is mentioned in a list of Mickey's barnyard friends and he is pictured on the back cover wearing green suspenders. :D

Here is the text from the article:
D'SCOVERED
@#$&%$&@#&#!
June 20, 2013 • By Michael Crawford

Three years before the cantankerous fowl’s first big-screen appearance, Donald Duck’s name popped up as one of Mickey’s barnyard friends in this popular storybook.
As fans of Disney Ducks will tell you, Donald Duck made his first appearance in the 1934 animated short The Wise Little Hen. But three years earlier, in 1931, the name “Donald Duck” appeared in the storybook The Adventures of Mickey Mouse. Donald looked a little different in those days, though. Aside from his jaunty green hat on the back cover, it might also be the last time he was seen wearing pants!

This was the first Disney book printed for retail sale, published by the David McKay Company and credited to the staff of the Walt Disney Studio. It features many themes found in Mickey’s early adventures, possibly inspired by Walt’s youth in rural Missouri. There’s a farm—Mickey even lives in a “nest” under the barn!—and the story leads up to a big musical party.

Naturally, Mickey and Minnie invite their barnyard friends to the shindig. As you can see in these pages, they mention Carolyn Cow, Clara Cluck, Patricia Pig, Robert Rooster, Long Dog the Dachshund, George and Gertie Goat… and Donald Duck! Some of these characters would go on to later film success—Clara Cluck also made her big-screen debut in 1934, in Orphan’s Benefit while “Carolyn Cow” looks remarkably similar to Clarabelle Cow, then already a star of the Mickey Mouse shorts. Others, like Patricia Pig, would make appearances in Mickey’s newspaper strip but never become Hollywood stars. The rest are still waiting for their big break years later—who wouldn’t want to see the further adventures of Long Dog the Dachshund?

As for Donald, he would become one of Disney’s biggest stars, eventually making more theatrical appearances than Mickey Mouse himself.

Link to original page (Note: to use the link, you'll need to register to become a member of D23.): https://d23.com/donald-duck-early-appearance/
Lupineleigh

Postby Ridder ter Geit » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:27 pm

I've heard that once, yes. Did you also know his comic-career started with some Italian stories of Donald Duck and Peter Pig?
Ridder ter Geit

Postby Lupineleigh » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:30 am

Just got back from Disney World a few days ago. :) Sadly, while there was a fair amount of merchandise with Donald on it, Scrooge was almost completely absent. The only things I found with him on it were a mural in a store that had Scrooge sledding with his nephews, and a sketch someone had done of Scrooge in a jaunty pose. There was even a Darkwing Duck sketch, plus two sketches of Ludwig Von Drake. But that's all I saw of those ducks. :(

No, I did not know Donald's comic debut started in Italy. I do know that Magica De Spell was a much more popular character there than she was in the US and that she had some interesting comics with family members and new allies. I've also heard that Rockerduck is more common than Glomgold, whereas here in the US, Rockerduck is virtually unknown and Glomgold is recognized primarily from his role in Ducktales. I was surprised to learn the differences between Ducktales and comic canon, but I still like everything I've seen or read that's Duck or McDuck related. :)
Lupineleigh

Return to Disney general