Woordenboek Nederlands-engels.

subjects that are really off-topic

Postby jaen Stone » Wed May 31, 2006 10:29 am

Ik zeg hier alles in het engels omdat ik weinig engels ken en ik krijg te weinig engels, daarom zou ik het hier kunnen leren van jullie.

Ga jullie gang leer me wat engels:
ik hoor eigelijk John Brick te heten.
jaen Stone

Postby Miss. T. Cher » Wed May 31, 2006 10:41 am

Yes(jes)=ja
No(noo)=nee
Brick(brik)=baksteen
John(djon)=Jan

Homework for today: practise above 10 times.
(huiwerk voor vandaag: oefen bovenstaande 10 keer)
Miss. T. Cher

Postby jaen Stone » Wed May 31, 2006 11:54 am

Dank je, weet ik eindelijk wat mijn naam in het engels is. Maar yes en no kon ik al.
jaen Stone

Postby Robb_K » Wed May 31, 2006 12:32 pm

Huuuuuuh??????

Why??? (=Waarom???)
Robb_K

Postby jaen Stone » Wed May 31, 2006 1:06 pm

Ja dat is een belangerijk woorden, maar het wel wat meer.
jaen Stone

Postby Robb_K » Wed May 31, 2006 2:24 pm

jaen Stone wrote:Ik zeg hier alles in het engels omdat ik weinig engels ken en ik krijg te weinig engels, daarom zou ik het hier kunnen leren van jullie.

Ga jullie gang leer me wat engels:

I finally see that you are making fun of me, and my posting on mcduck.nl (in what now is "The Dutch Forum") in the poorest "Dutch" imaginable (babel), making no sense. So, instead of telling me in plain language that people don't want to wade through several posts of nonsense to get to what they are looking for (posts that make sense), and instead of waning me that I'm making a fool of myself, you mock me by showing me how foolish my posts look. I can understand why you didn't make a straight comment in Dutch on the threads that I offended. You assumed that I wouldn't understand. But, you could have postd here, on this English forum, in plain English, under your own real name, what you want to tell me. Although my English is also not very good, I can understand enough to get your point.

Let me just say that I am sorry to have muddied the many threads with nonsensical babel. But it was only at the request of one of your members, who came to the DCML asking for Disney Comics fans and creators to participate in McDuck.NL Forum, because its members wanted to discuss with people from other countries, and have an international scope. When I arrived, there was not only not an English Forum, but even the English Barks thread was not started yet. So, I jumped in and tried to participate when I saw a thread I was interested in. I haven't been much interested in most of the threads on this English Forum. I have been interested in a few select threads relating to artwork of some of the fans here, and discussion of some of the artists' and writers' work. As I worked with Santiago Scalabroni, I was able to contribute a bit about him. The same for Frank Jonker. A few people asked questions regarding how artists and writers work, and I was able to contribute a bit there, as well. I knew that my "Dutch" writing would be "pidgin" at best. But I assumed that the gist of what I was trying to say would be understandable. No one else had enough problems with my posts to drive them to comment on my poor language. I have to admit that I should not have tried to attempt a joke, (related to the roleplaying here on McDuck.NL) as it came out even less understandable than had I used Babelfish.com (if that can be believed). Even a Monkey hitting random keys, could translate better than Babelfish.

If you feel that I should stop posting on "The Dutch Forum", please say so, here on this thread.
Robb_K

Postby WB » Wed May 31, 2006 4:02 pm

**blinks and stares in utter confusion**

Sayin who with the what of where now? This is why I need to learn dutch.

Dont go robb, you seem like a pretty nice guy and there arent that many people here as is. :(
WB

Postby Egg » Wed May 31, 2006 5:46 pm

What is going on here? Jan Baksteen (Jean Stone) is a 13 year old Dutch teenager who doesn't know English yet.
Egg

Postby Egg » Wed May 31, 2006 5:51 pm

Or am I saying too much, now?

To get back on-topic:
Is there an online dictionary available for Dutch and English? That would help.
Egg

Postby Rockerduck » Wed May 31, 2006 8:08 pm

Ehm... I must admit I'm a little confused too, Rob. I don't know why you think Jaen Stone (Jan Baksteen) made fun of you, or mocked you. I don't understand your reaction at all. Are you being paranoid and projecting that on Jan? I'm certain Jan only wanted to get a little help with the English language. Why he insists on visiting an English forum, when he hardly knows English, is beyond me, but to say he's mocking you... no.

Rob, I always enjoy your posts on the Dutch McDuck-forum. Actually, I don't mind your Dutch. I know you do the best you can and I have no trouble understanding what you want to say. I don't think anyone wants you to go, but now I think you owe an apology to Jan.
Rockerduck

Postby Robb_K » Wed May 31, 2006 8:27 pm

Thanks, Rockerduck, for clearing that up for me about Jan Baksteen. And thank you and WB for asking me to stay.
Robb_K

Postby jaen Stone » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:37 am

Egg wrote:What is going on here? Jan Baksteen (Jean Stone) is a 13 year old Dutch teenager who doesn't know English yet.

I am pas 14 geworden
jaen Stone

Postby another little helper » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:04 pm

Site http://www.ectaco.co.uk/English-Dutch-Dictionary includes alternatives for the same word:

Translation of Dutch word "pas":

English
ADV only
CONJ if only
N pace, step, gait, let-pass, pass, pas, passport

See also:
pas N
pas CONJ
pas ADV
pas aangekomend A
pas aangekomene N
pas bekeerde N