Disney Comics-game

comics, books

Postby Egg » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:57 pm

Stephan wrote:
Stephan wrote:Art, because it sounds more expensive.

Egg wrote:Is that good? I think a lot of people destroy comics by calling it art and by making it expensive.

Well, it was sort of a joke.

I think it's a sensible joke. Art sounds more expensive.

Stephan wrote:I think I like art most, because it's often inspiring.

Pulp can be very inspiring, too.

Stephan wrote:Art is about expressing your feelings, where pulp is about entertaining the crowd.

Is that so? Mozart made his music for kings and such. Sounds like selling his soul to the crowd, but still his music is named art.

Maybe this could become a new topic? Art versus pulp?
Egg

Postby Rockerduck » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:31 pm

Egg wrote:Flintheart can be replaced by the maharajah of the giant statues story and by the pig villain.
(Is that correct, Barksists?)

I strongly disagree. Flintheart is so totally different from those other rivals of Scrooge. Flintheart could be seen a bit as Scrooge's evil twin-brother. The two of them look alike so much, it's almost scary! Flintheart is about the same age as Scrooge, is almost as rich as Scrooge, their fortunes differ maybe only a few pennies, they both have a money-bin, look alike (glasses, spats) and earned every penny themselves. Only Flintheart didn't make it square. That's why his character is interesting to me.
Rockerduck

Postby Egg » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:35 pm

Rockerduck wrote:Flintheart is so totally different from those other rivals of Scrooge. Flintheart could be seen a bit as Scrooge's evil twin-brother. The two of them look alike so much, it's almost scary! Flintheart is about the same age as Scrooge, is almost as rich as Scrooge, their fortunes differ maybe only a few pennies, they both have a money-bin, look alike (glasses, spats) and earned every penny themselves. Only Flintheart didn't make it square. That's why his character is interesting to me.

Interesting. Shall we discuss this further under the topic 'Carl Barks'?
Egg

Postby Rockerduck » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:03 pm

Sure, although I don't see what's to be discussed about it. ;)
Rockerduck

Postby Egg » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:28 am

Stephan wrote:Story or artwork?

Story? It's a difficult comparison for me. As artwork can have a story, too, in case of paintings and such.

New question:
Chip or Dale? ;)
Egg

Postby Egg » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:29 am

Still thinking:
And a text story can have imaginary pictures in it. So it works the other way around, too.
Egg

Postby Daniel73 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:45 pm

This game is highly addictive. The old-fashioned 'Memory' at Ducknet:

Ducknet - Memory
http://www.home.deds.nl/~ducknet/games/memory/memory.html
Daniel73

Postby Anonymous coward » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:40 pm

Please don't try to bring a flame war on this thread once again. It's because of posts like that that I stop contributing to the discussions, and you all loose the interesting points I would make. If you people want to attack go to the kindergaten, and let us responsible, adult people, have nice and civil discussions.
Thank you.
Anonymous coward

Postby Egg » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:04 pm

Anonymous coward wrote:Please don't try to bring a flame war on this thread once again. It's because of posts like that that I stop contributing to the discussions, and you all loose the interesting points I would make. If you people want to attack go to the kindergaten, and let us responsible, adult people, have nice and civil discussions.
Thank you.

Responsible, adult people? Where? Have they taken over our kindergarten McDuck International?

My score with Ducknet's Memory:
only 1:33 minutes!
Egg

Postby Egg » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:39 am

Egg is sad to read that the site Ducknet quits, but happy that these games will stay online for some time:

Ducknet - Memory
http://www.home.deds.nl/~ducknet/games/memory/memory.html
Ducknet - Vallende letters
http://www.home.deds.nl/~ducknet/games/galgje/

'Vallende letters' is in Dutch. It's an automatic version of Jaen Stone's gallows (Hangman) game. So, some of us are already experienced with playing the game in Dutch. :)

*EDIT* boardlinking updated to McDrake
Last edited by Egg on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Egg

Postby kindergarten » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:53 am

Egg wrote:New question:
Chip or Dale? ;)

Can't choose. Who is Chip and who is Dale? One has a black nose and one has a red nose. Who has the black nose?
kindergarten

Postby Rescue Ranger » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:31 pm

I've answered this under Characters identification.
Chip is the one with black nose and teeth in the middle. Dale is the one with the one with big nose and right and left tooth.

*EDIT* boardlinking updated to McDrake
Last edited by Rescue Ranger on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rescue Ranger

Previous

Return to Disney comics