Welcome

questions, corrections, complaints, suggestions

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:47 am

The American I was talking about was Daniel Neyer (who, apparantly, is still waiting for the right topic). I wouldn't have guessed that Witchie Britchie was an American.

Hey! Witchie Britchie IS Daniel Neyer! Or he was the last time I looked. I was also American the last time I looked. Is my grammar that bad? (LOL)
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby Egg » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:52 am

People can make topics themselves.
Egg

Postby Egg » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:35 am

Prank wrote:Being another person than yourself can be very refreshing. You can try to be nasty or funny or insulting with different aliases(alias???) and find you own borders. For me it is difficult to express myself for the person i am in real life, but just being anonymus it is much more easy to give an hounest/false opinion.

100% agreed. I find it interesting what you say about finding borders. I think the roleplay can help to look at subjects from different sides. And if done good, it gives a richer forum with more people commenting.
Egg

Postby Zippo » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:04 pm

Presto
Change-o
Zippo

Postby Robb_K » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:58 pm

Doctor Witchie Britchie wrote:The American I was talking about was Daniel Neyer (who, apparantly, is still waiting for the right topic). I wouldn't have guessed that Witchie Britchie was an American.

Hey! Witchie Britchie IS Daniel Neyer! Or he was the last time I looked. I was also American the last time I looked. Is my grammar that bad? (LOL)

Oeps! I guess I've made another faux pas (inducing someone else to reveal their secret identity). If I keep this up, surely I'll end up banned from this forum.

And, no, Witchie,-your grammar is EXCELLENT (one of the main reasons why I thought you WEREN'T an American (USA))! Most Europeans I know use better English grammar than most Americans I've dealt with. Even the President of USA has atrocious grammar, and very poor command of the English language. No offense intended here.

I see that you latched onto the spirit here much better than I (understanding why members used role playing). Sorry my lack of insight caused you to reveal your identity.

Well, enjoy your role playing and time on this forum. And, bring some friends of yours here, too, if you can. I will try to do that, as well.
Robb_K

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:56 pm

That's OK, Robb--I'm not offended. I don't blame you for thinking I wasn't an American--I agree about the total lack of grammar skills among most of my countrymen. The members of this forum and the DCML are much more proficient in the English language than the members of most American message boards I've been on.
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby water wagon D.D. » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:44 am

Zippo wrote:Presto
Change-o

I'm through with clown business! It's all grief and no glory!
water wagon D.D.

Postby Stephan » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:01 pm

Hi, I'm Stephan. The first duck-stories I've read where Barks-stories in the dutch DonaldDuck-magazine. I don't really recall what the first story was, though it could've been 'The Old Castle's Secret'. I originaly come from Haarlem (Northern Holland), but I've moved a lot. About six times...
I like Barks' work very much, and I also like Rosa's, Rota's (He's in the dutch duck-magazine this week -)), Jippes', Heymans', and Branca's work.
Stephan
Stephan

Postby Prank » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:24 pm

Egg wrote:100% agreed. I find it interesting what you say about finding borders. I think the roleplay can help to look at subjects from different sides. And if done good, it gives a richer forum with more people commenting.

Ah, luckily the spambot didn't strike here yet. Now we can make this forum richer than the Dutch one.

I really find it interesting to see that some(one) people on the dutch forum are using different persons to talk to eacother. For some people it might look like talking to yourself but i think you can have different views on subjects. It's like in politics, you know that there will always be people suffering from one decission but there will be others that are happy. Left/right,wrong/right. 2 subjects, 3 answers.
Prank

Postby T.Ranslater » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:27 pm

Prank wrote:Left/right,wrong/right.

;) Robb
T.Ranslater

Postby Robb_K » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:33 pm

Methinks Prank is trying to tell me why role playing and having an intellectual discussion between oneself's alter-egos is a worthy exercise (and can still be considered a sane activity?).

Well, I suppose it takes all kinds to make this World. And, apparantly several posters here have a lot of free time in their lives!
Robb_K

Postby Robb_K » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:38 pm

Robb_K wrote:Methinks Prank is trying to tell me why role playing and having an intellectual discussion between oneself's alter-egos is a worthy exercise (and can still be considered a sane activity?).

Well, I suppose it takes all kinds to make this World. And, apparantly several posters here have a lot of free time in their lives!

However, having lost most of my short-term memory, and starting to lose even some of my long-term memory, I think role playing with more than one identity is a bit too complicated for me (and I already have too much complication in my life) (trying to use computers being one of the main offenders!).
Robb_K

Postby Robb_K » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:41 pm

You can see above, that not having the edit function is an inconvenience. Moderators please remove the second post above this one, as it is only a short version of the post that follows it. Thanks.
Robb_K

Postby WB » Mon May 01, 2006 11:00 am

Its nice to have a forum to discuss the Disney comics in England. Living in the USA its hard to find larger groups of english speaking fans who enjoy Disney Comics on the net. Thanks! :)
WB

Postby WB » Mon May 01, 2006 11:03 am

WB wrote:Its nice to have a forum to discuss the Disney comics in England. Living in the USA its hard to find larger groups of english speaking fans who enjoy Disney Comics on the net. Thanks! :)

That should read - IN ENGLISH. Thats what I get for typing at 5:00 in the morning -___-

I assume that there is no edit function here?
WB

PreviousNext

Return to About McDrake International