Welcome

questions, corrections, complaints, suggestions

Postby Egg » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:35 pm

Stephan is in the house. Stephan is a great guy.
Egg

Postby Egg » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:36 pm

Everyone here is great and kind of course. But today is Stephan's day.
Egg

Postby Egg » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:04 pm

Stephan wentwithout even looking back. Is Doctor Witchie Britchie talkative today? Nobody wants to talk with Egg. Everyone systematically ignores Egg.
Egg

Postby Egg » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:01 pm

Robb_K wrote:Administrators! Help! this new forum "assumed" I was logged in because I had already logged in on the regular forum. But it ALSO THINKS I AM NOT LOGGED IN!!! -and, thus doesn't allow me to edit my posts. I have noticed some errors I made and want to edit, but can't. I am a TERRIBLE typist, and make many errors on all posts. I need to go back and fix them. Please make it so that this forum will allow me to edit, as I do on the regular McDuck.NL Forum! Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if I would like an edit-option. There's no time-lock available, so people can edit their messages eternaly, cheating the path of history. Maybe we should just admit that people can make errors.
Not being able to edit makes my messages a bit scrambled, but it learns me to get over my urge to always correct myself.
Egg

Postby Rockerduck » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:45 pm

Robb_K wrote:Hee! Wat bedoel jij??? CRAP??? Martin Toonder and Toonder Studios produced a lot of good art and stories! Carol Voges was a great artist (admittedly better for human figures than funny animals. But NO ONE implied that we should have been satisfied with ONLY their work!

When talking about the Toonder Studio's, I mean their work for the Dutch Donald Duck Weekly. I'm not too familiar with their other work, so I'm not giving a judgement about that. But the Disney-stories from the Studio, I never liked. Their Hiawatha was nothing like the character from the Disney cartoon. Hiawatha is supposed to be a little infant, not the pre-teen he looked like in the stories put out by the Studio. Their Big Bad Wolf wasn't too bad, but the stories were kinda lame and predictable. I much rather read a Wolf story by Carl Buettner (sp?).

Carol Voges was dramatically bad. My personal taste, but I've never encountered someone who liked Voges before. When reading his stories, I always thought the magazine was so hopelessly in need of cartoonists, they hired the first one they could get their hands on, no matter how bad he was. Nothing wrong about the dead, but his artwork, I never liked. I always get a headache looking at his drawings.
Rockerduck

Postby Egg » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:58 pm

Rockerduck wrote:When talking about [Toonder Studio and Carol Voges]

I've answered this in a new (sub)topic 'Disney comics', which is meant for Disney comics in general.
http://bb.mcdrake.nl/engdisney/viewtopic.php?t=8

The title is confusing, being in a 'Disney comics' section already...

*EDIT* boardlinking updated to McDrake
Last edited by Egg on Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Egg

Postby Robb_K » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:58 am

Rockerduck wrote:
Robb_K wrote:Hee! Wat bedoel jij??? CRAP??? Martin Toonder and Toonder Studios produced a lot of good art and stories! Carol Voges was a great artist (admittedly better for human figures than funny animals. But NO ONE implied that we should have been satisfied with ONLY their work!

When talking about the Toonder Studio's, I mean their work for the Dutch Donald Duck Weekly. I'm not too familiar with their other work, so I'm not giving a judgement about that. But the Disney-stories from the Studio, I never liked. Their Hiawatha was nothing like the character from the Disney cartoon. Hiawatha is supposed to be a little infant, not the pre-teen he looked like in the stories put out by the Studio. Their Big Bad Wolf wasn't too bad, but the stories were kinda lame and predictable. I much rather read a Wolf story by Carl Buettner (sp?).

Carol Voges was dramatically bad. My personal taste, but I've never encountered someone who liked Voges before. When reading his stories, I always thought the magazine was so hopelessly in need of cartoonists, they hired the first one they could get their hands on, no matter how bad he was. Nothing wrong about the dead, but his artwork, I never liked. I always get a headache looking at his drawings.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I agree with you that Carol Voges' Duck and other Disney drawings were pretty weak. And, also, I agree that the Toonder Studios' Disney drawings for DD Weekblad were nothing to brag about. I should have realised that we should have been talking about only Disney work on this forum (not Panda, Thom Poes, Douwe Dabbert, and the like. This is what happens when people get old (like me, for example)!
Robb_K

Postby Egg » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:15 am

Please let's keep this a 'Welcome'-topic.'

Here's a topic to discuss Disney comics, for example:
http://bb.mcdrake.nl/engdisney/viewtopic.php?t=8

*EDIT* boardlinking updated to McDrake
Last edited by Egg on Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Egg

Postby Prof. Dr. Inbreng-Hulz sr » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:23 am

Yes, yes...Very nice indeed this new socalled English Version, But there is one thing that I dislike, and that's the title. It says "English Version". That's not correct, Sander. This is not an English version of the forum, or the site, or whatever. People might think that the whole bunch is being translated here, and that is, alas, not the case. So I suggest you change the title of this topic into "International discussion in English" or something like that.

Sincerely,

Prof. Dr.Frits-Arend Inbreng-Hulz sr.
Prof. Dr. Inbreng-Hulz sr

Postby Sander » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:19 pm

Ah, thanks for pointing that out, professor. I have changed it to "International forum", with the description "Discuss Disney comics in English".
Sander

Postby Egg » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:38 pm

Prof. Dr. Inbreng-Hulz sr wrote:People might think that the whole bunch is being translated here, and that is, alas, not the case.

Not the case? It should be. What did we hire you for, professor?
Egg

Postby Egg » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:26 pm

Ridder ter Geit is in the house!!! ("Knight at Goat")
Welcome!
Egg

Postby Ridder ter Geit » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:32 pm

Thank you! This internation forum is a great idea for McDuck!
Ridder ter Geit

Postby Ridder ter Geit » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:33 pm

In most English stories, I've translated 'Ridder ter Geit' as 'Knight of the Goat' myself.
Ridder ter Geit

Postby Ridder ter Geit » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:38 pm

Bu they way, I see Rob Klein has refered to communicating with 'Wouter'. To be clear: that's me too.
Ridder ter Geit

PreviousNext

Return to About McDrake International