Barks quote quiz

creator of Duckburg and Scrooge McDuck

Postby Rockerduck » Fri May 05, 2006 10:07 pm

That should be: "...behind your time..." (not "timeS")
Rockerduck

Postby Rockerduck » Sun May 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Nobody?
Rockerduck

Postby Egg » Mon May 08, 2006 5:03 am

I like the hypno-gun story (WDC 145) very much. It shows how people can be weary for something they fear the most themselves. Barks had a lot of such behaviour obversations in his work. I like the point that Donald is an easy-believer and that therefore the hypno-gun is working on him.

Rockerduck wrote:"I should fall flat on my face five times!"

Rockerduck wrote:Hint #1: "You're a thousand years behind your [time], unca Donald!"

The knight story, again. (WDC 198)

"Don't! Don't make me walk the plank! Let me go back to Burbank!"
(which story?)
Egg

Postby Robb_K » Mon May 08, 2006 9:38 am

Egg wrote:I like the hypno-gun story (WDC 145) very much. It shows how people can be weary for something they fear the most themselves. Barks had a lot of such behaviour obversations in his work. I like the point that Donald is an easy-believer and that therefore the hypno-gun is working on him.

Rockerduck wrote:"I should fall flat on my face five times!"

Rockerduck wrote:Hint #1: "You're a thousand years behind your [time], unca Donald!"

The knight story, again. (WDC 198)

"Don't! Don't make me walk the plank! Let me go back to Burbank!"
(which story?)

Donald's nightmare story, WDC & S 101-in which he ends up sleeping in the lions' cage rather than face Daisy's knitting group.

Bah! I should have gotten the knight story! I'm becoming senile - even losing long-term memory! It's no fun getting old!
Robb_K

Postby Egg » Tue May 09, 2006 7:58 am

Robb_K wrote:I'm becoming senile - even losing long-term memory! It's no fun getting old!

Why not? Barks's stories will fresh and new again. So you can read them for the first time, again. It must be FUN, getting old. I've heard old people are very wise.

"They don't respect me anymore! I'm HARMLESS now, and they know it!...... Sob! Sob!"
(which story?)
Egg

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Tue May 09, 2006 2:13 pm

This one is from the New Year's Resolution story--when Donald resolves never to lose his temper again and the boys begin running wild.
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby Egg » Wed May 10, 2006 5:51 am

"Ah! Home from school! Come in here! I have a job for you!"
(which story)
Egg

Postby Robb_K » Wed May 10, 2006 7:11 am

What were the only two consecutive stories in which Barks inserted a time continuation of events that connected the two stories? (e.g. an action continuation not just a reference back to former events).
Robb_K

Postby Robb_K » Wed May 10, 2006 7:35 am

Egg wrote:"Ah! Home from school! Come in here! I have a job for you!"
(which story)

I can't believe this! I remember that quote from a Comics and Stories lead story. But I checked them ALL from 1943-1966. And it is NOT THERE! Again, they went and changed things from my youth AGAIN!!! It's HORRIBLE, getting old!!!
Robb_K

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Wed May 10, 2006 3:31 pm

"Ah! Home from school! Come in here! I have a job for you!"
(which story)

This is from the story where Donald wants the nephews to dress up as monkeys for the society party he's giving.

"What were the only two consecutive stories in which Barks inserted a time continuation of events that connected the two stories? (e.g. an action continuation not just a reference back to former events)."

Are you referring to the detective story where the nephews capture a bank robber and the following "water ski contest" ten-pager in which Donald attempts to borrow the reward money they recieved for capturing the robber?
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby Robb_K » Wed May 10, 2006 6:56 pm

Doctor Witchie Britchie wrote:"What were the only two consecutive stories in which Barks inserted a time continuation of events that connected the two stories? (e.g. an action continuation not just a reference back to former events)."

Are you referring to the detective story where the nephews capture a bank robber and the following "water ski contest" ten-pager in which Donald attempts to borrow the reward money they recieved for capturing the robber?

YES! You've got it!

I can't believe that I missed the "Monkey Story" question. THAT was the story that I remembered Donald beckoning the Nephews to come towards him with that line. It was the VERY FIRST USA Barks comic I ever owned!!! Nr. 91 from 1948. I still have it. It's been with me longer than any other comic. Of all the stories to not remember!!! Unbelievable!!! My mind is no more!!!
Robb_K

Postby Egg » Thu May 11, 2006 3:24 am

There's also a connection between 'All at Sea' and 'The Status Seeker', the latter refering to the first.

Where are Doctor Witchie Britchies poisonous quiz-brews? Egg is getting bored. And if Egg gets bored he has less energy to come ip with new quotes, running through different CBL-sets as possible, running from the cupboard to the computer and back, while magic tricks using Witchie Britchie guesses them as soon as they're sent. Egg is being exploited. Always working and no play. Always working and no play. Always working and no play. (waah!)

"Ah, sleep! It hits me like a slug of chloroform! Zzzzz!"
(which story?)
Egg

Postby Robb_K » Thu May 11, 2006 3:53 am

Egg wrote:There's also a connection between 'All at Sea' and 'The Status Seeker', the latter refering to the first.

The Beagle Boys referring back to Scrooge's hiding gold among corn kernals isn't exactly the same thing as I described, which was consecutive Walt Disney's Comics Donald Duck stories having a plot element continue from one to the other.
Robb_K

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Thu May 11, 2006 1:55 pm

OK, Egg, here comes a new quote:

"The greedy monsters are carrying off whole CAKES and joints of beef!" (which Barks story?)
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby Robb_K » Thu May 11, 2006 2:39 pm

Doctor Witchie Britchie wrote:OK, Egg, here comes a new quote:

"The greedy monsters are carrying off whole CAKES and joints of beef!" (which Barks story?)

That's in "The Titanic Ants"-The Nephews are up in a tree, looking down on the ants carrying off the picnic towards the old house on the hill.
Robb_K

PreviousNext

Return to Carl Barks