Barks quote quiz

creator of Duckburg and Scrooge McDuck

Postby Egg » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:32 pm

Egg wrote:"Oh, my stars! Think of how easily those poor little boys could become LOST in this confusing place!"
(which story?)

Doctor Witchie Britchie wrote:Is your quote from the camping story--the one where Donald puts uranium buttons on the kids' caps and keeps track of them with a geiger counter?

Yes.

"Back! Back, you oversized horse-thieves!"
(which story?)
Egg

Postby Egg » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:51 am

Egg wrote:"Back! Back, you oversized horse-thieves!"
(which story?)

hint#1: "Don't be so chicken-hearted! There'll be a lot of FEATHERS in there! I have an idea!"
Egg

Postby Egg » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:52 pm

(which story?)

hint#1: "Don't be so chicken-hearted! There'll be a lot of FEATHERS in there! I have an idea!"
hint#2: "Bulls'-eye with three million carats of DIAMONDS!"
Egg

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:11 pm

Egg has stumped old Doctor Witchie Britchie on this one--this must be one of the Barks stories (there are some, darn it) that I've never read.
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby Egg » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:22 pm

Doctor Witchie Britchie wrote:Egg has stumped old Doctor Witchie Britchie on this one--this must be one of the Barks stories (there are some, darn it) that I've never read.

Haha! Doctor Witchie Britchie and Paralyzed Buffalo no party for all-knowing Egg. :P

(which story?)

hint#3: "He's making noises like a PARROT!"
Egg

Postby Egg » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:07 pm

(which story?)

hint#3: "He's making noises like a PARROT!"
hint#4: "No, I think it's done by SOUND TONES - like glass is shattered by certain notes! But we'll see!"
Egg

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:51 pm

Ah ha! I have it now (I HAVE read this one): The Cave of Ali Baba story. I should have had it earlier.

"One side, everybody, for Donald Duck, LAW north of the Mackenzie!" (which Barks story?)
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby Egg » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:30 am

Doctor Witchie Britchie wrote:"One side, everybody, for Donald Duck, LAW north of the Mackenzie!" (which Barks story?)

'Hound Hounder'?

"I wonder if the kids got to Grandma's safely? What if they've had an ACCIDENT?"
(which story?)
Egg

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:17 pm

Nope, not "Hound Hounder."

"I wonder if the kids got to Grandma's safely? What if they've had an ACCIDENT?"
(which story?)

The ten-pager in which Donald is bedeviled by door-to-door salesmen (today, it'd be telemarketers).
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:32 pm

Hint # 1 on the "Law north of the Mackenzie" quote:

"Wak! How did this BEAST get out of the cage?"
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby Egg » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:41 pm

Doctor Witchie Britchie wrote:"One side, everybody, for Donald Duck, LAW north of the Mackenzie!" (which Barks story?)

Doctor Witchie Britchie wrote:Hint # 1 on the "Law north of the Mackenzie" quote:

"Wak! How did this BEAST get out of the cage?"

Donald as truant officer?

"OUT THERE? My stars, man! This is the THIRTEENTH floor!"
(which story?)
Egg

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:15 am

That quote is from "The Pixilated Parrot."

You still haven't got my quote--Egg is moving slow today. Needee some wig roaches dipped in greasy kid stuff to perk him up, I thinkee!

Hint #2:
"The Upper Mackenzie! And I'm the guy that expected to fly go-go girls to Fiji!"
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby Robb_K » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:42 am

Doctor Witchie Britchie wrote:That quote is from "The Pixilated Parrot."

You still haven't got my quote--Egg is moving slow today. Needee some wig roaches dipped in greasy kid stuff to perk him up, I thinkee!

Hint #2:
"The Upper Mackenzie! And I'm the guy that expected to fly go-go girls to Fiji!"

Being a Canuck (from Manitoba, no less) I know what "North of the MacKenzie" means (as my father took us up north to see the polar bears). But I already checked both Scrooge Klondike stories, as well as "Luck of The North", and couldn't find it. It rings a bell in my mind, but getting senile and even already now losing some long-term memory is no fun. I eat all the fish I can stand (every day) (I can't stands no more!). I'm going to kick myself when I hear the answer!
Robb_K

Postby Bruce Lee » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:16 pm

Wow. Lobb can kick himself. me can do too. lets make a film with hollible synchlonisation voices and than we will save the plincess.
Bruce Lee

Postby Robb_K » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:28 pm

Bruce Lee wrote:Wow. Lobb can kick himself. me can do too. lets make a film with hollible synchlonisation voices and than we will save the plincess.

If THAT'S a clue, I'm totally lost. It must be a '60s story, which I had, of course, less years to read over and over again, and read less, in any case, as the stories and artwork weren't as good as he earlier ones.
Robb_K

PreviousNext

Return to Carl Barks