Barks quote quiz

creator of Duckburg and Scrooge McDuck

Postby Egg » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:49 am

(glip!) Is Doctor Witchie Britchie sure of his 11 answers?
Clutchy Egg has to win time, because it has forgotten the solutions itself. (qveep!)

Christmas quote quiz, question 6:
"Here is the deed - all filled out! Sign it on the dotted line!"
hint #1: "Somebody's at the door, unca' Donald!"
Egg

Postby Ridder ter Geit » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:40 pm

I do know the one he does not know, though :)
Ridder ter Geit

Postby Egg » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:18 pm

Ridder ter Geit wrote:I do know the one he does not know, though :)

You do? Prove it to Egg!
Egg

Postby Robb_K » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:46 pm

#6 -Is the 1948 WDC &S #88, Donald story in which Donald has bet Gladstone his house that he will swim in Frozenbear Lake on New Year's Day (or on some Winter day).
Robb_K

Postby Ridder ter Geit » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:45 am

Now I can't prove it anymore.
Ridder ter Geit

Postby Rob_K » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:40 pm

When Uncle Scrooge had a small house in a middle-class neighbourhood in Duckburg, where was it located (exact address)? Who were two of his neighbours? In which story is this information located?
Rob_K

Postby Robb_K » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:46 pm

I was the mysterious Rob_K who asked the question above. A clue: The street in which Scrooge had this small house was (clear by the name of the street) near another street in Duckburg, mentioned in Barks' "Lost in The Andes".
Robb_K

Postby Egg » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:57 pm

Rob_K wrote:When Uncle Scrooge had a small house in a middle-class neighbourhood in Duckburg, where was it located (exact address)? Who were two of his neighbours? In which story is this information located?

Robb_K wrote:I was the mysterious Rob_K who asked the question above. A clue: The street in which Scrooge had this small house was (clear by the name of the street) near another street in Duckburg, mentioned in Barks' "Lost in The Andes".

Is it the story about the old man Fox? (US 6) There, Scrooge's house address is mentioned as "33 B Street" (9.6). His neighbours are Donald and someone named Jughead Jones.

There's a Barks-story from the 1940s with a similar plot, featuring Barney Bear and Benny Burro. Unfortunately, I can't find that one at COA/Inducks anymore.
Egg

Postby Robb_K » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:45 am

Egg wrote:
Rob_K wrote:When Uncle Scrooge had a small house in a middle-class neighbourhood in Duckburg, where was it located (exact address)? Who were two of his neighbours? In which story is this information located?

Robb_K wrote:A clue: The street in which Scrooge had this small house was (clear by the name of the street) near another street in Duckburg, mentioned in Barks' "Lost in The Andes".

Is it the story about the old man Fox? (US 6) There, Scrooge's house address is mentioned as "33 B Street" (9.6). His neighbours are Donald and someone named Jughead Jones.

YOU ARE PERFECTLY CORRECT, EGG! Personally, I think Jughead jones was supposed to be Donald's Neighbour Jones (but Barks didn't bother to go back and look at his old model sheets for him, despite not having drawn him since 1945 (this story was from 1954). So Jones looked almost as if he could be a different character.

There's a Barks-story from the 1940s with a similar plot, featuring Barney Bear and Benny Burro. Unfortunately, I can't find that one at COA/Inducks anymore.

The Barney Bear and Benny Burro story with the same plot was first printed in 1946 in MGM's Our Gang Comics Nr. 35 in Fall 1946.
Robb_K

Postby Robb_K » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:03 am

More on the Barney Bear story: Barney played Donald's part. Benny=Huey, Dewey and Louie, Mooseface Moose=Jughead Jones

Jealous of Barney's garden, Mooseface told Barney there were agates in his soil, to trick him intodigging up his garden. So, Benny pretended to want to buy Mooseface's house, and under duress, "leak" the information that "Old Man Cougar" buried a fortune in his yard. Mooseface digs up his garden. Then he tears apart his house looking for it. Then, Barney realises that Old M an Cougar really owned HIS house. So he tears his up. Then a 2-week rainstorm comes, so the two housewreckers go and sleep at Benny's house.
Robb_K

Postby Egg » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:54 am

"Say! Maybe we CAN do business! In fact, you're just the kind of guy I'd like to see GET THE BUSINESS! Sit down!"
(which story?)
Egg

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:20 pm

"Land of the Totem Poles"
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby Egg » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:54 am

"It would be kinda nice to be a Southern GENTLEMAN!" / "I could wear a big hat and grow a goatee!"
(Which Barks story?)
Egg

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:58 pm

"The Great Steamboat Race."

"Everybody dash to the cellar! The MARTIANS are invading!" (which Barks story?)
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby Robb_K » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:42 pm

Doctor Witchie Britchie wrote:"The Great Steamboat Race."

"Everybody dash to the cellar! The MARTIANS are invading!" (which Barks story?)

Dagnabbit! You beat me to it!

But I don't know the answer to yours, offhand! I'll have to think some more!
Robb_K

PreviousNext

Return to Carl Barks