What can we say about Barks?

creator of Duckburg and Scrooge McDuck

Postby Stephan » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:41 am

Egg wrote:Paralyzed Buffalo and Stephan think Egg is stupid. They say they knew the answer, but only afterwards, when the correct answer already has been given. Suspicious. Very suspicious.

Not always, I've already answered a question (Black Wednesday). And I asked if I could answer this question, because I wasn't sure wether this one was specially for Paralyzed Buffalo or not -).
Stephan
Stephan

Postby Egg » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:38 am

Stephan wrote:
Egg wrote:Paralyzed Buffalo and Stephan think Egg is stupid. They say they knew the answer, but only afterwards, when the correct answer already has been given. Suspicious. Very suspicious.

Not always, I've already answered a question (Black Wednesday).

Lucky.

Stephan wrote:And I asked if I could answer this question, because I wasn't sure wether this one was specially for Paralyzed Buffalo or not -).

Question especially for Paralyzed Buffalo? Then I'd never get the answer! ParaBuffa knows only tiny little bit about my great Barks.
Egg

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:59 pm

The sleepwalker story?

Quite right, Egg.
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby Paralyzed Buffalo » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:31 am

Egg wrote:Question especially for Paralyzed Buffalo? Then I'd never get the answer! ParaBuffa knows only tiny little bit about my great Barks.

Hey, Hey! Hooka hey! Ho ho! What suppose this to mean? Me knowing extremely awful lot about The Greatest Mufti of all Mufti's Barks! Egg now must watch out or ParaBuffa making clutched eggs of Egg's eggs.
Paralyzed Buffalo

Postby Paralyzed Buffalo » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:12 am

Hey you palefaces knowing one funny thing? Me telling? Well, since here international pow-wow being going on, no living soul ever discussing anymore in Dutch on topic about Rosa and Barks. Topic now finally being abandoned after lot of heavy talk-talk between all them Barksists and Rosaists. All smart palefaces now here discussing in English, and that of course being very good for discussion! And what even better: Rosa now able to come here and discuss with us all about his stories! For example he now able to explain what Goldie and Scrooge sorted out under sheets. And especially he now explain how this working physically with Duckburg Ducks when they mating. Same as with real ducks that we feed bread in parc? Or more like with real people, like for example what Paralyzed Buffalo intending to do with easy-to-convince-squaw in motelroom that was promised to him by Stone-duck and Spotty-With-Long-Toes after Big Battle between Rosaists and Barksists on little field near highway? Everybody very curious of course! Me burning special grass in pipe now so that Gods of Pow-Wow will making four-eyed Mufti Rosa coming upon us as soon possible! Ugh-ughe!
Paralyzed Buffalo

Postby Robb_K » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:14 am

Paralyzed Buffalo wrote:Hey you palefaces knowing one funny thing? Me telling? Well, since here international pow-wow being going on, no living soul ever discussing anymore in Dutch on topic about Rosa and Barks. Topic now finally being abandoned after lot of heavy talk-talk between all them Barksists and Rosaists. All smart palefaces now here discussing in English, and that of course being very good for discussion! And what even better: Rosa now able to come here and discuss with us all about his stories! For example he now able to explain what Goldie and Scrooge sorted out under sheets. And especially he now explain how this working physically with Duckburg Ducks when they mating. Same as with real ducks that we feed bread in parc? Or more like with real people, like for example what Paralyzed Buffalo intending to do with easy-to-convince-squaw in motelroom that was promised to him by Stone-duck and Spotty-With-Long-Toes after Big Battle between Rosaists and Barksists on little field near highway? Everybody very curious of course! Me burning special grass in pipe now so that Gods of Pow-Wow will making four-eyed Mufti Rosa coming upon us as soon possible! Ugh-ughe!

While you MAY be able to get Don Rosa to join your Barks/Rosa discussion here, (IF he has the time), it seems that the International Forum on this site has not attracted much in the way of international discussions. I have come here, but I was already on the Dutch Forum. Hans Christiansen is here, but has contributed little so far (waiting for the right topic?). There was one American, but only a cameo appearance (maybe waiting for right topic). Even Daniel van Eijmeren (whose DCML notice brought me here) has not been contributing to the discussions. I hope this succeeds, but don't expect that I'll be spending much time here (however, I'll still be on the Dutch Forum (bad as my Nederlands is).

Speaking of that, if you are looking in on these threads, Harry Muesli (as a lurker, or under an alias), please look again at my contributions to the Fanfictie-Tekeningen subforum Tekeningen thread, as I have since your leaving, answered the rest of your questions, as well as posted original script/storyboard and magazine cover pages/drawings, with their corresponding published comic book pages and covers.
Robb_K

Postby Egg » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:56 pm

This must be from 'King Scrooge the First'.

Egg

Postby Egg » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:09 pm

This forum has just started over a WEEK ago. Go inform others yourself if you want it to be busy here.
On McDuck some prefer to be (and to stay) in a roleplay. That's why I'm "Egg" and try to be behave like a my alias. Hopefully Robb sees that.

This asking about where's who and why, should be in the 'About this forum'-topic. And indian-with-small-thinkwindow Paralyzed Buffalo's 'Rosa vs Barks'-reviews should be in another topic, in Stephans's 'Don Rosa-bashing or in a new 'Rosa vs Disney'-topic.

This is a topic on Carl Barks. I don't see why Paralyzed Buffalo breaks worldwide unwritten code of honour not to pollute superior Barks with inferior Rosa rubbish. It would make the Rosaïsts feel too important.

*EDIT* boardlinking updated to McDrake
Last edited by Egg on Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Egg

Postby Egg » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:16 pm

Barks's Donald:

Egg

Postby Egg » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:48 pm

"Oh, yes, you did! You deliberately INSULTED me - loud enough for me to HEAR!"
(which story)
Egg

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:59 pm

Is the third King Scrooge the First panel by Daan Jippes?
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby Egg » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:06 pm

Doctor Witchie Britchie wrote:Is the third King Scrooge the First panel by Daan Jippes?

I've heard Daan Jippes has inked the story from discovered pencil pages. So, I guess it is.
Egg

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:29 am

It looks great, almost like Barks' work--I hope the whole Jippes-inked version shows up in the States sometime soon. Interesting to compare Barks' penciled panel with the Strobl one--shows that Strobl apparently didn't follow Barks' layouts all that closely.
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby Egg » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:01 pm

Doctor Witchie Britchie wrote:It looks great, almost like Barks' work--I hope the whole Jippes-inked version shows up in the States sometime soon. Interesting to compare Barks' penciled panel with the Strobl one--shows that Strobl apparently didn't follow Barks' layouts all that closely.

I'm expecting a true classic. 'King Scrooge the First' is the last story made by Barks before he went on retirement. Barks just didn't want to draw it, because it would get him into overtime.
There has been talk about Ulrich Schroder working on the story, about 15 years ago. Schroder has to retranslate art from Strobl's fiunished work, not having Barks's pencil script.
Now the pencil script apparently has surfaced and Jippes is working on it, I'm as excited as can be.

Here's the first page by Tony Strobl, published in 1967, reprinted in Uncle Scrooge 145:
Egg

Postby Headquarters » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:03 pm

Egg wrote:On McDuck some prefer to be (and to stay) in a roleplay. That's why I'm "Egg"

I'm guessing your full name is Egg J. Lakes. Right? :)
Headquarters

PreviousNext

Return to Carl Barks