COA/Inducks

places related to Disney comics, etc.

Postby Daniel73 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:21 am

Rockerduck wrote:You know, just like everybody else, I'm tired of quarreling with you.

The line "just like everybody else" is too laughable to be true. As if internet is the entire world. I've had enough of communication with Rockerduck, if there ever has been any communication at all.
Daniel73

Postby WB » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:08 am

Is there anything we can do about him? Report him to a moderator to get one of them to kick him off the board or something? Seriously this guy is trolling the board and disguising his trolling attempts as "helpful suggestions to everybody" in the worst possible way. Its obvious at this point that well over 2/3 of the darn board cant stand half of the posts that result from him just being here.

This has become such a huge nuisance.
WB

Postby Daniel73 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:28 am

WB wrote:Is there anything we can do about him? Report him to a moderator to get one of them to kick him off the board or something? Seriously this guy is trolling the board and disguising his trolling attempts as "helpful suggestions to everybody" in the worst possible way. Its obvious at this point that well over 2/3 of the darn board cant stand half of the posts that result from him just being here.

This has become such a huge nuisance.

I think you're quite a troll yourself, WB, if you behave this way. You mostly come here to complain but what do you contribute yourself? Don't you have anything on-topic to say? Take a look at my many on-topic contributions here. I've been of the driving forces behind this forum.
As if I can help it that COA/Inducks rather talks down about individuals rather than listen. I get slowed down every time I even dare to point at those secretive know-it-all people's club. That's why I'm so glad to be rid of it. I hope they will be happy with polite people like you, WB.
Daniel73

Postby WB » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:42 am

Jeezum crow you are full of yourself. And you're also about as phony as a six dollar bill.

Look at any topic besides this one and the bit where we got off topic before and you will see that I have posted quite a number of parts to conversation here. The **ONLY** place I have complained was in the other topic that had to deal with **YOU** ironically turning everything OFF TOPIC. Dont step up to the plate to question ME when all you have done is rankle everyones nerves that you come across and whine like a spoiled child when you don't get your way.

I'm not even going to argue with you. You're not worth it. You're like a 6 year that wont shut up about the candy bar mommy wont buy him. XD

Nuts to this nonsense. I'm outtie.
WB

Postby Daniel73 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:49 am

WB wrote:Jeezum crow you are full of yourself. And you're also about as phony as a six dollar bill.

You're so funny, WB. Did you know you can rant about me on-topic underDiscussions on Daniel van Eijmeren? Have a nice day.

*EDIT* boardlinking updated to McDrake
Last edited by Daniel73 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel73

Postby Jimbo » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:51 pm

Daniel73 wrote:It's time I give attention to friends who are friends because they are my friends, even if I insist I'm not worth their attention at all. I've had enough of the attention. People in real-life are worried about me getting into this virtual indexing "private" collecting etc. stuff, and warned me that I'm worth much more than joining such matters. I have talents of my own which get terribly wasted by pleasing other people. I've always wanted to be an independent person, and now finally I am.

Listen to them buddies then. We are worried about you as well. You sure as heck have been pleasing me with your rants about how other people do everything wrong or are evil. With such a talented and smart person around one must just stand in awe. Good luck with that independence.
Jimbo

Postby Robb_K » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:09 pm

pryds wrote:
Actually all of those stories WERE included in INDUCKS, but were never transferred to COA. They were removed from the database, due to Egmont's new policy.

Egmont doesn't decide what we put in Inducks and what we don't put in Inducks. So if an artist tells us, "hey, I also made this and that story", I don't see why we can't put that in Inducks. I think what you refer to is that Egmont asked if the information that *they* provide is only being made public as the stories are published. That's how I believe the deal was, but I'm not in charge of that part of Inducks, so I can't know for sure. Anyway, no matter what, if you as an artisk tells us about your unpublished stories, I see nothing wrong in putting that information online. I will bring this up with the other indexers.

Thanks. I see now, that all my stories, published yet, or not, are now included on my COA Ceators Page. So thanks to all the hard working Indexers who keep up with the very large amount of data, which is always in need of updating. What a great service they perform for all of us who require the data.
Robb_K

Postby Ridder ter Geit » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:56 am

Daniel wrote really intersting stuff above here! It might have not all been totally on topic, but it gave inside on who he is and it was sort of moving. I can't understand why this generates only such harsh reactions.
Ridder ter Geit

Postby Manuel » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:07 pm

Ridder ter Geit wrote:Daniel wrote really intersting stuff above here! It might have not all been totally on topic, but it gave inside on who he is and it was sort of moving. I can't understand why this generates only such harsh reactions.

Harsh reactions are mainly just Daniel's trolls.
Manuel

Postby Robb_K » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:43 am

I HAVE AN ON-TOPIC POST HERE! So, anyone with COA knowledge please read it carefully.

Recently, a Swedish acquaintance of mine asked me for a list of all the Disney Comic Book stories and comic book/magazine covers that I worked on, so he can find them in his collection of Kalle Anka & Co./Musse Pigg & Co., Kul Med Kalle Anka, etc.

I thought I had remembered Harry F. telling me that I should use "Advanced Search" for creator (for myself as writer, plotter and artist), and list the country (Sweden) and/or was it Language (Swedish)? Then, a list of only my printings of that country would show up on a list.

I tried that, but it didn't work.

How can I produce such a list for my printings in a specific nation's publications?

Thanks in advance (Dank jullie wel)!

Rob Klein
Robb_K

Postby Sander » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:23 pm

Here is an attempt: http://coa.inducks.org/comp2.php?code=& ... sort2=none

I've searched for everything that's (co-)created by you and published in Sweden. To do that, you should set the countries in "Story was reprinted in" and "Publications in".
Sander

Postby Robb_K » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:44 pm

Thanks very much. I did what you described here before, but, somehow, it didn't work. But now I have it.
Robb_K

Postby Robb_K » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:19 am

Sander or moderator:

Now someone has asked me for a list of all my work that has been published in The Netherlands. So I took your advice (Sander D.) and tried to get the results with an advanced search. And it came up with NO STORIES (as I always get!). I have had over 20 publications in The Netherlands, so I am performing one or more steps in the search incorrectly. When I went to your link for my Swedish printings, I tried to copy the path on the address bar, but it has HUNDREDS of characters! So, I cant use that as a path to find the Dutch printings.

Can you please list for me EVERY step of the path i can use to get to a list of my printings in The Netherlands? I would appreciate it very much (and so would several people on mcduck.nl, who have asked me for such a list.
Robb_K

Postby Robb_K » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:07 am

I have done it successfully now. No need to tell me the path now. Thanks.
Robb_K

Postby Daniel73 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:13 pm

In the past, Inducks has been hosted from some universities. The Uppsala university in Sweden, used by Per Starbäck. And later a university in France, by Francois Willot.

I've understood that when Willot quit the university in France, publisher Egmont from Denmark offered Inducks to do the sponsoring of the Inducks/Outducks-server. I've undserstood that Egmont demanded that this should be kept a secret. I've understood that a reason was that Disney might protest about this sponsoring, as Egmont has no such publication rights for internet.
And so, Egmont pays for a bunch of irresponsible fans who can do whatever they want at a server. Including raising a PunBB board titled "DCF", offering visitors free room for pictures to be put at the server.

At this moment, sponsored Inducks/Outducks/DCF/DDB/COA/whatever-name-they-have is offline for over a week.
I've understood that Inducks has become divided. I've understood that DCF was an action by Francois Willot which has met some protest. And that Willot reportedly replied that he wants to do what he thinks is fun.
I fear that if keep Inducks keeps on being irresponsible this way, they will not exist very long anymore. Reportedly there are approximately 40 bugs at COA/Inducks waiting to be solved. But, reportdely, a new project like DCF was found to be more interesting by the responsible programmer.

Inducks is secretive. People who want to join them should keep secrets. Secrets like Egmont being their sponsor. I think that a lot of programmers rather wouldn't contribute under such circumstances.

I find it a shame that Inducks practically has a monopoly on indexing notably children's comics, demanding indexers to be secretive. Disney comics are in essence just children's comics. And I've understood some kids are/were member of Inducks. Would a kid be allowed to tell his parents or his/her friends about company Egmont sponsoring Inducks, without feeling guilty towards his/her "friends" at Inducks?
Daniel73

PreviousNext

Return to Internet sites