Comicup Studio

Santiago Ceballos, William Van Horn, Paul Murry, Don Rosa, etc.

Postby Ole Damgaard » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:04 pm

Robb_K wrote:Here is the complete list of artists who worked for Comicup Studios at least on one Disney story:

Great list! Thanks Rob.
Ole Damgaard

Postby DippyDawg » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:53 pm

I like Bernado's style. It has a freshness and kind of a psychedelic quality to it. I think he is one of the technically best skilled artists in Disney Comics of today. Disney comics need more of personal interpretations and less of Barks impersonations (unless you do a very good job of it, like Jippes, Branca and Sander Gulien).
DippyDawg

Postby Rockerduck » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:04 pm

Sander Gulien doing a very good job on impersonating Barks? :lol: Hahahahaha!
Rockerduck

Postby Daniel73 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:40 am

DippyDawg wrote:I like Bernado's style. It has a freshness and kind of a psychedelic quality to it. I think he is one of the technically best skilled artists in Disney Comics of today.

Ramon Bernado is the best. Everyone should like Bernado.

DippyDawg wrote:Disney comics need more of personal interpretations and less of Barks impersonations (unless you do a very good job of it, like Jippes, Branca and Sander Gulien).

Bernado has a personal, professional interpretation. Bernado technically knows how to draw a picture that excites the eyes and inspires the fantasy. His art reminds me a bit of art by Piet Wijn, which has the same effect on me. Pictures I can't stop gazing at. As if each panel is a story of its own.
Daniel73

Postby Dippy Dawg » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:45 am

Rockerduck wrote:Sander Gulien doing a very good job on impersonating Barks? :lol: Hahahahaha!

...OK..ha ha... imitating Barks' style then..... this forum is good for learning English, right?

I noticed in another thread that Sander has received a somewhat damaged reputation recently. I don't think we should judge him too hard, the libido can make you do stupid things, and I don't know the circumstances. Hurting other people is never acceptable of course. But it doesn't necessarily make him a bad guy, just human.
Dippy Dawg

Postby Rockerduck » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:06 pm

Dippy Dawg wrote:
Rockerduck wrote:Sander Gulien doing a very good job on impersonating Barks? :lol: Hahahahaha!

...OK..ha ha... imitating Barks' style then..... this forum is good for learning English, right?

Oh, I didn't laugh because of your English. Your English was/is fine, absolutely. I totally got your point about Gulien. Only I don't agree with you. I think Gulien is doing a horrible job at imitating Barks' style. Thát's why I laughed.

I never liked Gulien's drawings. His personal behaviour doesn't have anything to do with that.
Rockerduck

Postby Dippy Dawg » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:41 am

OK, thanks for the clarification. I respect your opinion. I rather like his style, I think it's better than most of whats coming out of the Egmont factory (which has deteriorated severely in recent years, as I see it). But this is supposed to be a Comicup thread. What I have seen from them has been technically skilled, but rather unpersonal (except for the very talented Bernado).
Dippy Dawg

Previous

Return to Other creators