Luciano Gatto/Giulio Chierchini

Santiago Ceballos, William Van Horn, Paul Murry, Don Rosa, etc.

Postby pasoleati » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:24 am

Anyone else loving the work of Luciano Gatto? I really like how he has maintained a very similar style over the years and especially how he has not succumbed to how some "artists" draw figures that look like bacillus on a microscope.

The same applies to Giulio Chierchini. I just love the work of these two guys!
pasoleati

Postby Rockerduck » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:10 pm

Gatto's work is hardly recognizable. He misses an own style that makes the work interesting. As far as I'm concerned, Gatto is just another Italian artist whose work looks like it comes off an assembly line, just like most of the work from ComicUp.

Chierchini's work draws very much on the Taliaffero-style when you look at his Ducks and the late Gottfredson-style when you look at his Mice. So he also lacks his own style, and his work misses a heart and spirit.
Rockerduck

Postby pasoleati » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:37 pm

Holy McDuck! Gatto´s style is one of the easiest to recognize of all Duck artists. And I find extremely odd to say Chierchini owes anything to Gottfredson whom I hate so much as to hope he had had his shirt removed the Afghan way.

As for Comicup, I´d take their style over Ferioli, Bernado and other similar manure artists any day.

To paraphrase Uncle Joe, no Ferioli, no problem.
pasoleati

Postby Rockerduck » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:03 pm

Holy McDuck! Gatto´s style is one of the hardest to recognize of all Duck artists. And I find extremely normal to say Chierchini owes anything to Gottfredson whom I love so much.

As for Comicup, I´d take Ferioli, Bernado and other similar artists over them any day.

To paraphrase Uncle Joe, no Murry, no problem.
Rockerduck

Postby parrot » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:32 am

What a peculiar echo!
parrot

Postby pasoleati » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:21 am

Who on earth can stomach the perversions of Ferioli, Bernado et al? First, these a-holes cannot draw a single straight line, making the scenes look like viewing through fisheye lens. Characters suffer from some terrible diseases. Diseases that e.g. result in people having feet size of new born babies yet the rest of the torso being like that of an 200 kg lard bag. Characters whose limbs look like made from a loose swine´s lard instead of bones and joints. Craharters that behave like drooling idiots escaped from a lunatic asylum. If this is "refreshment, fantasy, adventure", keep it to yourself. I don´t want to do anything with such sick scenery.
pasoleati

Postby Rockerduck » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:57 pm

Ok, I'm not gonna react to an obvious troll. If he can post normal, I'll try, but I'm not responding to somebody who is looking to stir up a fight.
Rockerduck

Postby pasoleati » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:56 pm

Well, do you deny that
-Ferioli/Bernado predominatly feature scenes that look like viewed through fisheye lens?
-that the side characters of especially Bernado have ridiculously twisted body proportions (minuscule feet, yet ridiculous torsos)?
-that Bernado´s and Ferioli´s Mickey, Minnie and Goofy have proportionally at least 200% larger feet and hands compared to e.g. Gottfredson?
-that Ferioli´s characters appear to have no true knees, shoulners or elbows (instead the limbs bend like made from rubber)?

What is even more interesting, your beloved Gottfredson´s characters never suffered from the above. Just put a page of Bernado and Gottfredson side by side and see for yourself. They have nothing in common.
pasoleati

Postby Rockerduck » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:49 pm

Somebody who uses words like "the Ducks are raped" (Dragonlords), "the characters have diseases" (Ferioli) and "Gottfredson is an example of drooling idiocy" is not a person with whom I'm willing to go into discussion.
Rockerduck

Postby Ostrich » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:03 pm

Come on Rockie!! Stick your head in the sand together with me. 1,2,3 go.
mhhemmhhhmm, we can't hear anybody,hhmenhemmm.
Ostrich

Postby Daniel73 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:25 am

Rockerduck wrote:Somebody who uses words like "the Ducks are raped" (Dragonlords), "the characters have diseases" (Ferioli) and "Gottfredson is an example of drooling idiocy" is not a person with whom I'm willing to go into discussion.

Since when? I've seen worser. And furthermore, Pasoleati explains his opinion in much detail. I think his contributions are very interesting, even though he offends the good taste of true comics lovers, by criticizing Bernado's "scenes that look like viewed through fisheye lens".

Pasoleati wrote:Just put a page of Bernado and Gottfredson side by side and see for yourself. They have nothing in common.

In what sense? Do you mean Bernado is an amateur?
Daniel73

Postby pasoleati » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:10 am

Daniel, in my opinion Gottfredson´s art style has nothing in common with Ferioli/Bernado. Characters have different shapes, etc as I explained above. I may have been too harsh on Gottfredson as he is very much better than those two (and Joaquin etc). As for fisheye lens, that is the best expression I can think of of Ferioli´s and Bernado´s scenes. That is the first impression I allways get when seeing a scene by these two. And I don´t like it at all.
pasoleati

Postby pasoleati » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:17 am

As an addendum, does someone really consider these current Egmont MM stories better than e.g. Guido Martina/Giovan Battista Carpi´s masterful "Topolino e i ladri d'ombre" (inducks I TL 675A) from 1968? That story is simply perfect!
pasoleati

Postby Duckster » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:54 am

My first post.....Ummm

To matter of Gottfredson, I've just discover him because you don't see his work in AKU ANKKA much and those large books from 70s are very expensive. But those stories that I've read are superb! His talent as artist and a storyteller is ashtonising. A lot more than just "funny animal". Especially "Mickey Mouse on Secret Mission", that I recently found from Internet is just...just. The feeling of great threat mixed up with one of the funniest humor bits in comic strip's history is just...just, well read it! I just bought "Mickey Mouse in Color" HC, but it's still in the mail. I hope it's satisfy my hunger...for a while.

Grew up with Murry, what can I say. They reprinted a lot his stuff in AKU ANKKA in late 80s/early 90s.
My first ever drawings were copied from Barks's Ducks and Murry's Mouse.

As for modern Mickey, if they even use half the effort to stories, as to art, things would be better.

Ooohh! Hi there, pasoleati! Long time no see!
Don't be too harsh on him you guys, he's much nicer than you think.
Duckster

Postby Duckster » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:02 am

My first post onto wrong thread! It's mentioned to be on that Mickey Mouse-thread!
Sorry guys!
Duckster

Next

Return to Other creators