World of the Dragonlords

comics, books

Postby Erick Cavaz » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:42 pm

21-08-2006, pasoleati wrote:Someone mentioned Erickson/Cavazzano´s Dragonlords. When I first saw that, my first thought was how on earth has Disney sunk so low? Cavazzano´s isn´t no longer the master he used to be 15-20 yrs and Byron Erickson is a complete failure as a writer. I don´t know whom to thank but it shines a bit hope to know there are writers like Frank Jonker to compensate for the incredible awful writers like McGreals and Erickson.

http://bb.mcdrake.nl/engdisney/viewtopi ... 1373#p1373

21-08-2006, Rockerduck wrote:Also, I was very pleased to read the Dragonlords-story (although that's reakky off-topic, by the way). I was blown away by the complexity of the story and the characters. I have to say Byron Erickson is one of the best scripwriters for the Ducks. He keeps his stories, and also the Dragonlords, exciting and entertaining. It was incredible how he kept the Ducks perfectly in-character, while still introducing them to a new world. A world that was drawn very well by Cavazzano, the best Italian artist alive, who has created a magnificent fabtasy world in his well polished artwork.

http://bb.mcdrake.nl/engdisney/viewtopi ... 1378#p1378

*EDIT* boardlinking updated to McDrake
Last edited by Erick Cavaz on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erick Cavaz

Postby pasoleati » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:49 pm

Dragonlords is an example showing how the world of ducks must not be raped by any fantasy idiocy. They don´t simply fit.
pasoleati

Postby Rockerduck » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:54 pm

Dragonlords is an example showing the world how the Ducks can be kept in-character, and hold on to their specific traits, while still introducing them to new situations, that bring refreshment to the Duck-universe. They fit perfectly.
Rockerduck

Postby pasoleati » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:13 am

Duck-universe does not need refreshment, especially if the result is utter crap like Dragonlords best suited those having short attention spans? Smert Byron Erickson!
pasoleati

Postby Rockerduck » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:56 pm

Duck-universe does need refreshment, especially if the result is utter beautyfull stories like Dragonlords best suited those having interest in exciting adventure stories where the Ducks are in-character. Hail Byron Erickson!
Rockerduck

Postby Argument Clinic » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:39 am

Man: Oh look, this isn't an argument.
Mr Vibrating: Yes it is.
Man: No it isn't. It's just contradiction.
Mr Vibrating: No it isn't.
Man: It is!
Mr Vibrating: It is not.
Man: Look, you just contradicted me.
Mr Vibrating: I did not.
Man: Oh you did!!
Mr Vibrating: No, no, no.
Man: You did just then.
Mr Vibrating: Nonsense!
Man: Oh, this is futile!
Man: I came here for a good argument.
Mr Vibrating: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
Man: An argument isn't just contradiction.
Mr Vibrating: It can be.
Man: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

http://www.montypythonpages.com/index1.htm
Argument Clinic

Postby Daniel73 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:26 pm

What are those Dragonlords? Never heard of them. Can someone give examples? Then I'll give a definite final expert judgement on whether Pasoleati or Rockerduck is right.
Daniel73

Postby Rockerduck » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:40 pm

Daniel, you've followed every topic in the Dutch section, so you *know* what the Dragonlords are. You can read more here (I provided this link at least 50 times):
http://www.ehapa.de/comicnews/specials_drachen.html

But to really grasp the beauty of Cavazzano's drawings, these are poor examples. There are far more beautiful and better drawings in the actual story. He has drawn some amazing landscapes and fighting scènes, which are entertaining for 16 pages without a word of dialogue. That's something special I think. You should read the story before you judge. It's a real saga.
Rockerduck

Postby pasoleati » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:31 am

Unfortunately Cavazzano´s style has lately suffered. Back in the 1980´s he had very personal style and very different from the stuff e.g. in Dragonturds, eh Dragonlords.
pasoleati

Postby Rockerduck » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:27 pm

pasoleati wrote:Unfortunately Cavazzano´s style has lately suffered. Back in the 1980´s he had very personal style and very different from the stuff e.g. in Dragonturds, eh Dragonlords.

ha-ha-ha
Rockerduck

Return to Disney comics