Luciano Gatto/Giulio Chierchini

Santiago Ceballos, William Van Horn, Paul Murry, Don Rosa, etc.

Postby Rockerduck » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:42 pm

Daniel73 wrote:
Rockerduck wrote:Somebody who uses words like "the Ducks are raped" (Dragonlords), "the characters have diseases" (Ferioli) and "Gottfredson is an example of drooling idiocy" is not a person with whom I'm willing to go into discussion.

Since when? I've seen worser. And furthermore, Pasoleati explains his opinion in much detail. I think his contributions are very interesting, even though he offends the good taste of true comics lovers, by criticizing Bernado's "scenes that look like viewed through fisheye lens".

Pasoleati doesn't give any explanation, he gives no real arguments. he only says: "this-and-this looks ugly and the people who drew it are idiots".

Wow, what great debate-techniques... :rolleyes: I won't feed the troll.
Rockerduck

Postby Daniel73 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:11 pm

Rockerduck wrote:Pasoleati doesn't give any explanation, he gives no real arguments. he only says: "this-and-this looks ugly and the people who drew it are idiots".

Pasoleati gives more explanation than we ever will be able to grasp. You are demonizing him. Reading your mind, this must be because you simply disagree with him.
I would like to know if Pasoleati just dislikes the style of Bernado/Ferioli or if he sees amateurish art. I like Bernado's "fisheye lens" art, but is really a professional style, or is it a shortcoming in drawing in-model? (I've never thought about that before.)

Rockerduck wrote:Wow, what great debate-techniques... :rolleyes: I won't feed the troll.

How heartless you are, to let a creature of mother nature starve to death. :O
Daniel73

Postby Daniel73 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:13 pm

pasoleati wrote:Anyone else loving the work of Luciano Gatto? I really like how he has maintained a very similar style over the years and especially how he has not succumbed to how some "artists" draw figures that look like bacillus on a microscope.

The same applies to Giulio Chierchini. I just love the work of these two guys!

Can someone give examples of Luciano Gatto and Giulio Chierchini, and some information what they do?
Daniel73

Postby copycat » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:23 pm

Duckster wrote:My first post onto wrong thread! It's mentioned to be on that Mickey Mouse-thread!
Sorry guys!

http://bb.mcdrake.nl/engdisney/viewtopic.php?p=1455#p1455

*EDIT* boardlinking updated to McDrake
Last edited by copycat on Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
copycat

Postby Rockerduck » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:36 pm

Daniel73 wrote:
Rockerduck wrote:Pasoleati doesn't give any explanation, he gives no real arguments. he only says: "this-and-this looks ugly and the people who drew it are idiots".

Pasoleati gives more explanation than we ever will be able to grasp. You are demonizing him. Reading your mind, this must be because you simply disagree with him.

Nonsense. His so-called 'explanations' have *nothing* to 'grasp'. There is simply nothing. Just some insults to some artists. Now, if he came up witj *real* arguments, I would be happy to go into discussion with him.
Rockerduck

Postby Daniel73 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:49 pm

Rockerduck wrote:[Pasoleati] Nonsense. His so-called 'explanations' have *nothing* to 'grasp'. There is simply nothing. Just some insults to some artists. Now, if he came up witj *real* arguments, I would be happy to go into discussion with him.

Have you scrolled too fast? Just see these messages:

24-08-2006, pasoleati wrote:Who on earth can stomach the perversions of Ferioli, Bernado et al? First, these a-holes cannot draw a single straight line, making the scenes look like viewing through fisheye lens. Characters suffer from some terrible diseases. Diseases that e.g. result in people having feet size of new born babies yet the rest of the torso being like that of an 200 kg lard bag. Characters whose limbs look like made from a loose swine´s lard instead of bones and joints. Craharters that behave like drooling idiots escaped from a lunatic asylum. If this is "refreshment, fantasy, adventure", keep it to yourself. I don´t want to do anything with such sick scenery.

24-08-2006, pasoleati wrote:Well, do you deny that
-Ferioli/Bernado predominatly feature scenes that look like viewed through fisheye lens?
-that the side characters of especially Bernado have ridiculously twisted body proportions (minuscule feet, yet ridiculous torsos)?
-that Bernado´s and Ferioli´s Mickey, Minnie and Goofy have proportionally at least 200% larger feet and hands compared to e.g. Gottfredson?
-that Ferioli´s characters appear to have no true knees, shoulners or elbows (instead the limbs bend like made from rubber)?

What is even more interesting, your beloved Gottfredson´s characters never suffered from the above. Just put a page of Bernado and Gottfredson side by side and see for yourself. They have nothing in common.

These messages have a lot of criticism on how Bernado and Ferioli draw proportions, and I understand that this must be very different from a "steady" artist like Floyd Gottfredson. It seems to be some new fashion, drawing weird art-work. For example, Carlos Mota draws panels in a slanted way, which might result in seasickness.

What I miss is a connection with Luciano Gatto and Giulio Chierchini. Pasoleati raised this topic about them, but mostly mentions other artists.

21-08-2006, pasoleati wrote:Anyone else loving the work of Luciano Gatto? I really like how he has maintained a very similar style over the years and especially how he has not succumbed to how some "artists" draw figures that look like bacillus on a microscope.

The same applies to Giulio Chierchini. I just love the work of these two guys!

Can you give examples?
Daniel73

Postby pasoleati » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:28 am

Thanks Daniel! My dislike of Ferioli and Bernado does not reflect their professional skills or lack of thereof. It is their style I don´t like at all. I just checked some examples of Gottfredson,and I cannot find any similarities in style.

An example of Gatto´s art can be seen at www.lambiek.net Gatto biography. I really like his calm, accurate and detailed style, especially how he uses relatively small characters in the frame allowing good backround detail.
pasoleati

Postby Walt Zuti » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Here, you can find an interview with Gatto done bu myself. ;)
Blogsite: [url=dailywardrum.splinder.com]Daily War Drum[/url]
Facebook: Simone Cavazzuti
Signature Walt Zuti
Walt Zuti

Previous

Return to Other creators