Welcome

questions, corrections, complaints, suggestions

Postby Sander » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:40 pm

Welcome! This is the international version of the Dutch McDuck.nl forum, where you can discuss about Disney comics.

This forum is still experimental and we are not sure whether we will keep it this way. However, please do not let this be a reason not to post---we will make sure your contributions are archived if we close the forum.

[Edited: The forum is out of experimental stage and won't be closed, so don't worry.]
Last edited by Sander on Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sander

Postby MegaChriz » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:17 pm

I hope it will be a succesful part of McDuck.nl!
A day not laughed...
...is in any event a day without Chris the Koala!
MegaChriz

Postby Robb_K » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:45 pm

Hello, everyone! I hope this Inernational Forum is successful. The Scandinavian and German Disney Comics fans seem to be much more integrated into the international Disney fan community than the Dutch fans. I hope this forum brings the Dutch and Worldwide fans a lot more contact. I know Daniel well-for many years, and have met Sander a few years ago (through Harry Fluks), and have corresponded with Wouter by e-mail several times (contact through DCML). But DCML seems to be much less active, and few Dutch fans are active there (Michiel Prior, Arthur de Wolf, Daniel, Harry -and almost no one else.

I have nothing to start with, but will join in a topical discussion, when it starts.
Robb_K

Postby Robb_K » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:22 am

PLEASE HELP! I have a question about this forum. I want to upload some drawings. I read the instructions, which told me to click on the "img tag". I did that, only to be sent to an information page, which informed me that I can display images by clicking on the "img tag". I am stuck in that unfruitful cycle. How can I post scanned images?
Robb_K

Postby MegaChriz » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:43 am

You must host your picture elsewhere on the internet, for example on http://www.photobucket.com/.
When your pictures are hosted you can drop your link like this:
Code: Select all
[img]http://www.punbb.org/img/small_logo.png[/img]

This is the result:
A day not laughed...
...is in any event a day without Chris the Koala!
MegaChriz

Postby Robb_K » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:51 am

SUCCES! Dank je wel, Chriz, voor je hulp.
Robb_K

Postby Robb_K » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:58 am

It looks as if Grandpa Sjonnie was right, after all! Where are all the foreigners???
Robb_K

Postby Osam Bim Fader » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:13 pm

Haha, the dutch think they can rule the world again by starting a Forum. back to the golden century. But let me tell you that we will not tolerate your western politics. Allah is bigger that McDuck, the holy battle just began.

You want foreigners?

be carefull what you wish for. ;)
Osam Bim Fader

Postby Egg » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:23 pm

Osam Bim Fader wrote:Haha, the dutch think they can rule the world again by starting a Forum. back to the golden century.

Yep! The time when we HAD Jippes. We HAD Toonder Studio (Bad Wolf and Hiawatha). We HAD Carol Voges. We HAD colourists. Etc. Etc. :P
Egg

Postby Robb_K » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:32 am

I see that we have a lot of dry wit humourists on this forum. I may like it here, after all!
Robb_K

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:55 pm

Hello there! Just joined up a few minutes ago--I'm Daniel Neyer, an American Barksist (Daniel Van Eijermen kindly informed me of this list). My name comes from what I think is a very funny and underrated Barks story, THE GREAT WIG MYSTERY--it's the name of the witch doctor who "cures" Donald after his airplane crash. Like Rob, I think I'll like it here.

"You been talkee dreamtalk many days, many nights, flyboy! But old Doctor Witchie Britchie bring you back with new wonder drug--wig roaches dipped in greasy kid stuff!"

That line particularly cracked me up--it referred to an American commercial of the era, in which a teenage boy would be having a hard time attracting girls because of his lousy hair oil, and a narrator's voice would ask "are you tired of that greasy kid stuff?"
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby Robb_K » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:45 pm

Welkom Daniel. I recognise you from DCML. Olivier from DCML has also been on the English Barks thread on our regular (Dutch-language forum (precurser to this forum). So, we are starting to get some action! Things are looking up. We also get scads of strange "guests", like Osam, Prank and others who come up with "unusual" (to say the least) points of view.
Robb_K

Postby Rockerduck » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:10 am

Egg wrote:We HAD Toonder Studio (Bad Wolf and Hiawatha). We HAD Carol Voges.

Like we should be happy with that crap?
Rockerduck

Postby Rockerduck » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:13 am

By the way, I'm Rockerduck, and as you can tell, I'm never far away to deliver a slightley different, somewhat provocative point of view. Which I stand by, by the way, it's not like I make them up just to get a rise out of you.
Rockerduck

Postby Robb_K » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:22 am

Rockerduck wrote:
Egg wrote:We HAD Toonder Studio (Bad Wolf and Hiawatha). We HAD Carol Voges.

Like we should be happy with that crap?

Hee! Wat bedoel jij??? CRAP??? Martin Toonder and Toonder Studios produced a lot of good art and stories! Carol Voges was a great artist (admittedly better for human figures than funny animals. But NO ONE implied that we should have been satisfied with ONLY their work!
Robb_K

Next

Return to About McDrake International