Welcome

questions, corrections, complaints, suggestions

Postby Robb_K » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:44 pm

Hoi Wouter! Hoe maak je het?

To the ADMINISTRATORS: I CAN NOT log in on the main (Dutch) Forum anymore! The Login function THINKS my name and password don't match correctly! I was already on The Regular McDuck.NL Forum when you started the International Forum. I was always able to login. I decided to use the same forum username and password, and it let me. It worked fine for several days. But now, all of a sudden, it refuses to let me login, thinking I'm a troll or spammer, phisher or worse scum, who doesn't belong on The Forum. Can you please tell me if it's allowed (or not) to a use the same user name and password for both the regular (Dutch language Forum AND The International Forum? Also, can you please try to rectify my problem? Thanks.
Robb_K

Postby Ridder ter Geit » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:25 pm

Ik maak niets!
Ridder ter Geit

Postby Egg » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:06 pm

Robb_K wrote:To the ADMINISTRATORS: I CAN NOT log in on the main (Dutch) Forum anymore!

They're banning Robb! Let's go have a protest march! ROBB MUST STAY.
Egg

Postby Prof. Dr. Inbreng-Hulz sr » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:30 am

I was wondering...sometimes I visit international sites on which I the visitor can choose the preferred language, for example German or English. Is the translation being done by a socalled 'translation-bot" or am I mistaken? And could this, if it is possible, be an idea for some of the topics here on McDuck maybe?
Prof. Dr. Inbreng-Hulz sr

Postby Egg » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:33 am

Prof. Dr. Inbreng-Hulz sr wrote:I was wondering...sometimes I visit international sites on which I the visitor can choose the preferred language, for example German or English. Is the translation being done by a socalled 'translation-bot" or am I mistaken? And could this, if it is possible, be an idea for some of the topics here on McDuck maybe?

Ik was... het bezoek soms internationale plaatsen benieuwd van I op welke I de bezoeker de aangewezen taal kan kiezen, bijvoorbeeld het Duits of het Engels. Is de vertaling die door een zogenaamde ' vertaling-bot wordt gedaan "of word I verward? En dit, als het, is een idee hier voor kon enkele onderwerpen op McDuck misschien mogelijk is?

http://babelfish.altavista.com
Egg

Postby Robb_K » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:17 am

Ha! Ha! Ha! No one can read Babelfish translations. They just go to a dictionary and translate their word using the first meaning listed. They don't account for same spelled words (from different origins-which have very different -unrelated meanings). They also don't understand idiomatic phrases. The results are quite funny, but of no use, if you want someone to understand what is "translated".
Robb_K

Postby Egg » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:23 pm

Taken from topic 'Carl Barks'.

Robb_K wrote:

Paralyzed Buffalo wrote:Hey you palefaces knowing one funny thing? Me telling? Well, since here international pow-wow being going on, no living soul ever discussing anymore in Dutch on topic about Rosa and Barks. Topic now finally being abandoned after lot of heavy talk-talk between all them Barksists and Rosaists. All smart palefaces now here discussing in English, and that of course being very good for discussion! And what even better: Rosa now able to come here and discuss with us all about his stories! For example he now able to explain what Goldie and Scrooge sorted out under sheets. And especially he now explain how this working physically with Duckburg Ducks when they mating. Same as with real ducks that we feed bread in parc? Or more like with real people, like for example what Paralyzed Buffalo intending to do with easy-to-convince-squaw in motelroom that was promised to him by Stone-duck and Spotty-With-Long-Toes after Big Battle between Rosaists and Barksists on little field near highway? Everybody very curious of course! Me burning special grass in pipe now so that Gods of Pow-Wow will making four-eyed Mufti Rosa coming upon us as soon possible! Ugh-ughe!

While you MAY be able to get Don Rosa to join your Barks/Rosa discussion here, (IF he has the time), it seems that the International Forum on this site has not attracted much in the way of international discussions. I have come here, but I was already on the Dutch Forum. Hans Christiansen is here, but has contributed little so far (waiting for the right topic?). There was one American, but only a cameo appearance (maybe waiting for right topic). Even Daniel van Eijmeren (whose DCML notice brought me here) has not been contributing to the discussions. I hope this succeeds, but don't expect that I'll be spending much time here (however, I'll still be on the Dutch Forum (bad as my Nederlands is).

Speaking of that, if you are looking in on these threads, Harry Muesli (as a lurker, or under an alias), please look again at my contributions to the Fanfictie-Tekeningen subforum Tekeningen thread, as I have since your leaving, answered the rest of your questions, as well as posted original script/storyboard and magazine cover pages/drawings, with their corresponding published comic book pages and covers.

[source: http://bb.mcdrake.nl/engdisney/viewtopic.php?p=353#p353]

*EDIT* boardlinking updated to McDrake, and link corrected (was: http://discussion.mcduck.nl/profile.php?id=5)
Last edited by Egg on Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Egg

Postby Egg » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:38 pm

Robb_K wrote:While you MAY be able to get Don Rosa to join your Barks/Rosa discussion here, (IF he has the time), it seems that the International Forum on this site has not attracted much in the way of international discussions.

This forum has just started over a week ago. Go inform others if you want it to be busy here. Tell a friend.

Robb_K wrote:I have come here, but I was already on the Dutch Forum. Hans Christiansen is here, but has contributed little so far (waiting for the right topic?).

Why would anyone wait for the right topic? People can add new topics themsélves. It's a click away.

Robb_K wrote:There was one American, but only a cameo appearance (maybe waiting for right topic).

You mean Doctor Witchie Britchie? He already has written a lot of informative contributions this week.

Robb_K wrote:Even Daniel van Eijmeren (whose DCML notice brought me here) has not been contributing to the discussions.

On McDuck, as you may have seen, people rather stay under their alias. Also, some of them are acting in a roleplay. So I guess we'll never see Daniel here. Only a ranting scrambled egg calling itself a hiding chicken.

Robb_K wrote:I hope this succeeds, but don't expect that I'll be spending much time here (however, I'll still be on the Dutch Forum (bad as my Nederlands is).

Please. This way, you're really talking this fresh English forum down into the mud. Complaining is easy. But where are the contributions? You could put your drawings here, too, for example. Then (foreign) people won't have to travel to the Dutch section.

This forum is made by fans for fans. And it's no television. We have to do it together.
Egg

Postby Egg » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:29 pm

If only Keessie were here...
Egg

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:50 am

And Prank. And Harry Muesli.
Egg

Postby Robb_K » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:42 am

Glad to know you are here, Daniel. Thanks for revealing your true identity. I will try to start some topics. The American I was talking about was Daniel Neyer (who, apparantly, is still waiting for the right topic). I wouldn't have guessed that Witchie Britchie was an American. I'm guessing that Harry Muesli is a good friend of mine (but not Harry Fluks!). I find it strange, and interesting that members use aliases, and have two or more identities. That seems like an American habit of being fearful of being sued for slander! But, it takes all kinds, I guess.
Robb_K

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:21 pm

Robb, STOP with guessing people's true identities. Some of us want to keep their privacy in public.

Robb_k wrote:I find it strange, and interesting that members use aliases, and have two or more identities.

Part of the roleplay.

Robb_k wrote:That seems like an American habit of being fearful of being sued for slander! But, it takes all kinds, I guess.

Even though some have use the word lawsuit on DCML(!) when things got against their way, it has nothing to do with that. People just want privacy and a lot of fun. It's a roleplay. A joke that protects privacy.
Egg

Postby Robb_K » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:05 am

Well, I thank the two of you for revealing your identities (despite the desire to keep privacy). I will make no more comments on members' identities.
Robb_K

Postby Egg » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:59 am

Robb_K wrote:Well, I thank the two of you for revealing your identities (despite the desire to keep privacy). I will make no more comments on members' identities.

Anything you say about personal life and friends can be used against you. Even on McDuck. That's the problem.
Egg

Postby Prank » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:57 pm

Egg wrote:Even though some have use the word lawsuit on DCML(!) when things got against their way, it has nothing to do with that. People just want privacy and a lot of fun. It's a roleplay. A joke that protects privacy.

Being another person than yourself can be very refreshing. You can try to be nasty or funny or insulting with different aliases(alias???) and find you own borders. For me it is difficult to express myself for the person i am in real life, but just being anonymus it is much more easy to give an hounest/false opinion.
Prank

PreviousNext

Return to About McDrake International