Don Rosa-bashing

Santiago Ceballos, William Van Horn, Paul Murry, Don Rosa, etc.

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:59 pm

Rockerduck wrote:No wonder people don't like him at DCML.

What a STRONG comment, Rockerduck. Wow! It seems like you're trying to get me upset, or something? Do I have to stamp on the ground, rant dirty words and post Forumspam-pictures, like Rockerduck when he's out of his mind?

Sigh... What a dreadful Sunday without intellectual discussions.

Can someone raise up that long-awaited topic 'Rosa vs Barks'? Egg regrets talking Doctor Witchie and Paralyzed Buffalo out of that delicious idea.
Egg

Postby Robb_K » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:29 pm

Fellas! Fellas! This bickering, transfered from the Dutch Forum to here, is likely to scare away the few international members that have come here! If you want this Forum to work, you need to be civil, and stay on topic. I don't have a lot of time to think up new topics to start, so I lurk to see if there's a topic I can contribute to. But this kind of thing can get old fast. I'm DEFINATELY not going to raise the "Rosa vs. Barks" topic. I've seen enough posts here, already to know it will end with the people who are already blaming each other for ruining a civil intellectual discussion, sling more insults.
Robb_K

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:15 pm

Robb_K wrote:I'm DEFINATELY not going to raise the "Rosa vs. Barks" topic. I've seen enough posts here, already to know it will end with the people who are already blaming each other for ruining a civil intellectual discussion, sling more insults.

What bugs me is that on-topic messages and comments are skipped. In the roleyplay, I like to tease my opponents as a side-way. But I feel my opponents just take that teasing as an excuse to avoid the subject.
My concern is that foreigners might be scared away. But then, I have a lot of ideas which will make this forum attractive anyway. It just takes time. Meanwhile I let have Stephan and Rockerduck have their lowly fun.

I myself don't care a bit about the personals comments. I've been through that months ago. If people want to waste their time, in some weird arrogant therapy-topic to learn others how to behave their Rosaïstic way, it's perfectly fine with me. I think this is an ideal topic to spoil fun and go nowhere. I play my role, and they play theirs.

Rockerduck tells about alternative ways to look at Rosa. But I look at the report of the campfire-sacrilege of 'The Magic Hourglass'. I see a Wikipedia-quote about Scrooge and "symptoms of clinical depression", obviously a case of Rosa being mixed-up with Barks. I see DCML being shut down in honour of Rosa. But Rockerduck will tell us how to look at it. Well, go ahead, Mr. Rock.

What is meant is of course: "Ignore our mighty King Keno Don Rosa. Let him have his way. Slow down the critics. Frustrate them. Give them therapy. Help!"

If Rosaïsts want respect from Egg, they have to behave better.
Egg

Postby Rockerduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:23 pm

And here is Egg again filling in for others what they think, how they SHOULD think, what they SHOULD say, how they SHOULD behave. Egg is always dictating other people how to post, while in the meantime insulting other people. And thén he says others who complain about that behavior of Egg are avoiding the subject.

So Egg avoids the subject by dictating what other's should post, then those others complain about that and rightfully so, and then Egg claims the others started to go off-topic.

Real smart.
Rockerduck

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:25 pm

And yet again a Rockerduck-posting entirely about Egg. He just can't stop thinking of me. I feel flattered.
Egg

Postby Rockerduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:26 pm

Egg wrote:If Rosaïsts want respect from Egg, they have to behave better.

Look at this! Egg pretends there are certain people who are a 'group', a 'kind', who he calls by a name that resembles the name of disease or cult, with the -ist ending. Everybody who likes Rosa is automatically forced into this group by Egg, without even wanting it. Then HE dictates how these people should behave.

Rockerduck

Postby Rockerduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:28 pm

Egg wrote:And yet again a Egg-posting entirely about Rockerduck. He just can't stop thinking of me. I feel flattered.
Rockerduck

Postby Rockerduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:30 pm

http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warr ... elists.htm

In a perpetual personal feud, Duelists generally don't menace anyone but each other, unless, of course, another Warrior foolishly gets between them. They may not even remember what started the fight, but not they cordially loathe one another and seize every to go at each other. When the other Warriors eventually weary of their endless kvetching the Duelists will be shouted down or Nanny will ban them. Even after getting the heave-ho from one forum, however, it is not unusual for them to seeking each other in other forums to renew their fight.
Rockerduck

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:32 pm

Bla bla bla. Rockerduck the character assasinator. It's soooo obvious. He even uses of-topic pictures to underscore his stupidity. What does a picture of Stalin have to do with it, for example? Just the thought that Rockerduck even takes the effort to look up the thing, is just laughable. Rockerduck has no life. It is obvious. Rockerduck has little knowlegde on Disney comics, and he tries to hide it with off-topic stuff.
Rockerduck seems to be of a spoilt generation that wants a compliment first, without proving to be worth it.
Egg

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:34 pm

Rockerduck wrote:http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/duelists.htm

In a perpetual personal feud, Duelists generally don't menace anyone but each other, unless, of course, another Warrior foolishly gets between them. They may not even remember what started the fight, but not they cordially loathe one another and seize every to go at each other. When the other Warriors eventually weary of their endless kvetching the Duelists will be shouted down or Nanny will ban them. Even after getting the heave-ho from one forum, however, it is not unusual for them to seeking each other in other forums to renew their fight.

Quoting other people also is a way to hide stupidity.
Egg

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Rockerduck is now thinking hard of new lame attempts to insult Egg...
How exciting. It's like waiting for a birthday present.
Egg

Postby Rockerduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:40 pm

Egg wrote:Bla bla bla. Rockerduck the character assasinator.

Egg wrote:It's soooo obvious. He even uses of-topic pictures to underscore his stupidity. What does a picture of Stalin have to do with it, for example?

And you are talking about stupidity? :lol: You can't understand what a dictator has to do with a forum member (Egg) who dictates t others how to post?

Egg wrote:Just the thought that Rockerduck even takes the effort to look up the thing, is just laughable.

And you think I looked the thing up just for this argument? Now thát's laughable!

Egg wrote:Rockerduck has no life.

And you know that exactly... how?

Oh wait.... You don't! :lol:

Egg wrote:It is obvious. Rockerduck has little knowlegde on Disney comics

That's why I have made all these artciles for McDuck about artists and characters, and you did nothing...

(And no, that's not Rockerduck-promoting, before you start spinning my words again.)

Egg wrote:and he tries to hide it with off-topic stuff.

Asking you to stop the personal attacks on people who have a different opinion, Rosa-likers etc. is not off-topic as far as I'm concerned.

Egg wrote:Rockerduck seems to be of a spoilt generation that wants a compliment first, without proving to be worth it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/ ... kettle.jpg Again!
Rockerduck

Postby Rockerduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:41 pm

Egg wrote:Quoting other people also is a way to hide stupidity.

So all the times you were quoting Carl Barks and Geoffrey Blum and Donald Ault was because you wanted to hide your stupidity? :lol:
Rockerduck

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:41 pm

Rockerduck wrote:
Egg wrote:And yet again a Egg-posting entirely about Rockerduck. He just can't stop thinking of me. I feel flattered.

Rockerduck is spinning Egg's quotes around by using fake-quotes, which is a crime in discussions.

Below the original quote. See how Rockerduck twists the truth whenever it suits him.

Egg wrote:And yet again a Rockerduck-posting entirely about Egg. He just can't stop thinking of me. I feel flattered.

Rockerduck is loosing all his rights to complain about others. Go on, Rockerduck!
Egg

Postby Rockerduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:42 pm

Egg wrote:Rockerduck is loosing all his rights to complain about others. Go on, Rockerduck!

I'm just using the same tactics as you! So if there's anybody to complain about, it's yourself! :)
Rockerduck

PreviousNext

Return to Other creators