Don Rosa-bashing

Santiago Ceballos, William Van Horn, Paul Murry, Don Rosa, etc.

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:46 pm

Rockerduck wrote:
Egg wrote:Quoting other people also is a way to hide stupidity.

So all the times you were quoting Carl Barks and Geoffrey Blum and Donald Ault was because you wanted to hide your stupidity? :lol:

That was on-topic quoting. It takes knowledge of what's in the articles. But even if being stupid because of not writing such stuff myself, still a lot of the information was unknown to Rockerduck. How stupid is Rockerduck then?
Egg

Postby Rockerduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:49 pm

Egg wrote:That was on-topic quoting.

Egg first makes up a rule about quoting, then when it appears he broke the rule himself, he invents an escape-clausule. How lame!

Egg wrote:It takes knowledge of what's in the articles. But even if being stupid because of not writing such stuff myself, still a lot of the information was unknown to Rockerduck. How stupid is Rockerduck then?

Rockerduck stupid? If Rockerduck was stupid, how could he write biographies of artists and characters? Egg didn't know Marten Toonder wasn't personally involved with the Toonder Studio's Disney-comics. Rockerduck had to tell him!
Rockerduck

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:49 pm

Rockerduck wrote:I'm just using the same tactics as you! So if there's anybody to complain about, it's yourself! :)

Why would I complain? And there are some "tactics" you still don't see, obviously. That's my fun. Rockerduck tries to be smart, but he fails on some fronts.
Egg

Postby Rockerduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:54 pm

Egg wrote:Why would I complain? And there are some "tactics" you still don't see, obviously. That's my fun. Rockerduck tries to be smart, but he fails on some fronts.

Oh no, I've got you all figred out. You're a melting of:

http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warr ... ylhyde.htm
Jekkyl and Hyde

As a forum participant Jekyll and Hyde always plays by the rules and is consistently cordial and helpful – a model netizen, until one day he comes completely uncorked and lashes out without warning. His unanticipated thunderbolts can temporarily rout even the sturdiest Warriors, and it often takes some time for his stunned opponents to mount a counter attack. Jekyll and Hyde’s sudden behavioral change may result from a psychotic episode, PMS, a downturn in the market, a surprise visit by the in-laws – or a session of hard drinking...

http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/ego.htm
Ego

For Ego, the discussion forum is all about him, and he regards discussions that stray from that topic as trivial dalliances. Although tolerant of an occasional shift in focus, Ego grows increasingly restive when the forum's attention shifts away from his interests, and he will often provoke conflict to reestablish himself as the subject at hand. Ego is one the the fiercest of all the Warriors and will fight to the death when attacked.

http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warr ... postor.htm
Imposter

Impostor is a digital Proteus who changes his persona whenever it suits his purposes. That 21 year old co-ed from Arizona State you met in a discussion forum may, in fact, be a retired steel worker from Pittsburgh. Impostor will claim to be black, white, rich, poor, young, old, straight or gay, and if he's good he can pull it off - at least for a while. Of course, there are sinister, even criminal reasons Impostor would lie about who he is, but more often he fakes it to lend weight to his arguments, or simply to amuse himself. Impostor's requisite imagination and good writing skills can make him a formidable enemy, but even the best Impostors will eventually blunder and reveal their true identity. Once uncovered, Impostor always flees the field, but he may return in another form - you just never know...

http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warr ... hivist.htm
Archivist

Archivist saves and squirrels away each and every discussion forum message. Do you remember having a bad day back in 1996 when in one of your messages you may have said a few things that were...well, perhaps a little...hasty? Don't worry, Archivist still has it and will post it to the forum if you begin to get the upper hand in battle. Archivist can be a very effective and fearsome Warrior.
Rockerduck

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:54 pm

Rockerduck wrote:Rockerduck stupid? If Rockerduck was stupid, how could he write biographies of artists and characters? Egg didn't know Marten Toonder wasn't personally involved with the Toonder Studio's Disney-comics. Rockerduck had to tell him!

Look how Rockerduck AGAIN brags about his articles, how GREAT mighty Rockerduck is. Come on. You sound like Rosa, who also brags about just about anything he made.
Egg

Postby Rockerduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:59 pm

Look how Egg AGAIN spins Rockerduck's intentions. Rockerduck was talking about his articles, just to show that he's not as stupid as Egg says he is. But of course Egg HAD to spin it, because his sole purpose in life is making Rockerduck -or anybody else who disagrees with Egg- look bad.
Rockerduck

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:01 pm

Rockerduck wrote:
Egg wrote:Rockerduck tries to be smart, but he fails on some fronts.

Oh no, I've got you all figred out.

No you haven't. You'll see.
(How arrogant to claim that you have someone all figured out, by the way.)

Rockerduck wrote:You're a melting of: [...]

And there Rockerduck goes quoting again. Rockerduck is searching on internet how to describe Egg. Do you have a horoscope as well? Rockerduck gets a bit silly. Too bad. He was such a talent, writing underground-biographies. But now little Egg has him on the run.
Egg

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:04 pm

Rockerduck wrote:Look how Egg AGAIN spins Rockerduck's intentions. Rockerduck was talking about his articles, just to show that he's not as stupid as Egg says he is.

Look how Rockerduck is getting lost on internet. He can't stop his temper. I almost feel guilty for putting fuel on the fire.

Rockerduck wrote:But of course Egg HAD to spin it, because his sole purpose in life is making Rockerduck -or anybody else who disagrees with Egg- look bad.

Well, I guess you are just making yourself look bad.
Egg

Postby Rockerduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:05 pm

Egg wrote:(How arrogant to claim that you have someone all figured out, by the way.)

And that coming from the guy who puts labels like 'Rosaïsts' on all people who are not 100% negative towards Rosa's work, and then make all kind of calims about them ("Rosaïsts are like this-and-that"). Pot, kettle, anyone?

Egg wrote:And there Rockerduck goes quoting again. Rockerduck is searching on internet how to describe Egg.

Oh no, you're thinking way too much of yourself. That's the 'Ego'-side of you coming out. You see, I already knew that site, and now it comes in handy.

Egg wrote:Do you have a horoscope as well? Rockerduck gets a bit silly.

Egg already IS silly. Nja!

Egg wrote:Too bad. He was such a talent, writing underground-biographies. But now little Egg has him on the run.

I'm still here. :)
Rockerduck

Postby Rockerduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:06 pm

Look how Egg is getting lost on internet. He can't stop his temper. I almost feel guilty for putting fuel on the fire.

Rockerduck

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:08 pm

Rockerduck wrote:Look how Egg is getting lost on internet. He can't stop his temper. I almost feel guilty for putting fuel on the fire.

Do I hear an echo? Or is it a parrot?
Egg

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:09 pm

Rockerduck obviously has ran out of words. Just when I got started. Too bad.
Egg

Postby Rockerduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:10 pm

Egg wrote:Do I hear an echo? Or is it a parrot?

Rockerduck

Postby Rockerduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:11 pm

Egg wrote:Rockerduck obviously has ran out of words. Just when I got started. Too bad.

Rockerduck

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:16 pm

Rockerduck wrote:
Egg wrote:(How arrogant to claim that you have someone all figured out, by the way.)

And that coming from the guy who puts labels like 'Rosaïsts' on all people who are not 100% negative towards Rosa's work, and then make all kind of calims about them ("Rosaïsts are like this-and-that"). Pot, kettle, anyone?

You seem to think of Rosaïsts as being a bad name. Why? Because Egg says so? How independent are you?

Rockerduck wrote:
Egg wrote:And there Rockerduck goes quoting again. Rockerduck is searching on internet how to describe Egg.

Oh no, you're thinking way too much of yourself.

It's never too much.

Rockerduck wrote:That's the 'Ego'-side of you coming out. You see, I already knew that site, and now it comes in handy.

Are you a woman, Rockerduck?

Rockerduck wrote:Egg already IS silly. Nja!

Has Egg ever said he is not silly? Why else would Egg be writing with Rockerduck?

Rockerduck wrote:
Egg wrote:But now little Egg has him on the run.

I'm still here. :)

Still, indeed. But I don't think you will get to next page.
Egg

PreviousNext

Return to Other creators