Don Rosa-bashing

Santiago Ceballos, William Van Horn, Paul Murry, Don Rosa, etc.

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:18 pm

Archivist in Egg says: On the Dutch section Rockerduck claimed that he never spammed...
Egg

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:21 pm

LATEST NEWS:
Rockerduck has ran away. We're saved! No need to thank me for helping him find his way out. It was a pleasure.
Egg

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:28 pm

It's so much fun to be an Evil Egg. (heh-heh-heh) 'Black Adder's Christmas Carol' changed my life. :P
Egg

Postby Rockerduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:04 pm

Egg wrote:Archivist in Egg says: On the Dutch section Rockerduck claimed that he never spammed...

That's true. I only provide fitting answers to Egg's nonsense. Remember: one image says more than 1000 words.
Rockerduck

Postby Stephan » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:21 pm

Egg wrote:Even the disturbing Wikipedia-quote about Scrooge and "symptoms of clinical depression", obviously a case of Rosa being mixed-up with Barks.

But Don Rosa didn't write that quote, so I don't see the problem.
Btw, why do you think depression of Scrooge is Rosaish? Both Barks' and Don Rosa's Scrooge gets depressed sometimes, i.e. when his money falls in a deep cave, in Christmas for Shacktown.

Egg wrote:But I look at the report of the campfire-sacrilege of 'The Magic Hourglass'. I see a Wikipedia-quote about Scrooge and "symptoms of clinical depression", obviously a case of Rosa being mixed-up with Barks. I see DCML being shut down in honour of Rosa.

And none of that is done directly by Rosa. When John lennon got shot by his fan, it wasn't Lennons fault, right? So when Don Rosa-fans take dicisions that work out bad for Barks, it's not Don Rosa's fault.

Egg wrote:(How arrogant to claim that you have someone all figured out, by the way.)

How about your Rosa?
Stephan
Stephan

Postby Egg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:12 pm

Stephan wrote:
Egg wrote:Even the disturbing Wikipedia-quote about Scrooge and "symptoms of clinical depression", obviously a case of Rosa being mixed-up with Barks.

But Don Rosa didn't write that quote, so I don't see the problem.
Btw, why do you think depression of Scrooge is Rosaish?

The article mentions a "retirement between 1942 and 1947".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrooge_McDuck

Stephan wrote:Both Barks' and Don Rosa's Scrooge gets depressed sometimes, i.e. when his money falls in a deep cave, in Christmas for Shacktown.

The article mentions "depicted as even suffering from symptoms of clinical depression" during that so-called retirement.

Stephan wrote:
Egg wrote:But I look at the report of the campfire-sacrilege of 'The Magic Hourglass'. I see a Wikipedia-quote about Scrooge and "symptoms of clinical depression", obviously a case of Rosa being mixed-up with Barks. I see DCML being shut down in honour of Rosa.

And none of that is done directly by Rosa. When John lennon got shot by his fan, it wasn't Lennons fault, right? So when Don Rosa-fans take dicisions that work out bad for Barks, it's not Don Rosa's fault.

What do you mean?

Stephan wrote:
Egg wrote:(How arrogant to claim that you have someone all figured out, by the way.)

How about your Rosa?

How about my Barks?
Egg

Postby Stephan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:28 pm

Egg wrote:The article mentions a "retirement between 1942 and 1947".

Barks didn't point out the exact date of scrooge retirement?

Egg wrote:The article mentions "depicted as even suffering from symptoms of clinical depression" during that so-called retirement.

Scrooge indeed seems a bit depressed in his first story. "Me - I'm different! Everobody hates me and I hate everybody!".

Stephan wrote:And none of that is done directly by Rosa. When John lennon got shot by his fan, it wasn't Lennons fault, right? So when Don Rosa-fans take dicisions that work out bad for Barks, it's not Don Rosa's fault.

Egg wrote:What do you mean?

That it's not exactly Don Rosa's fault, I think.
I.e., the Magic Hourglass story got changed because Don Rosa saw it as fictional fiction, but I'm sure Don Rosa wouldn't want the story to be changed. It's the editors who decided that Barks' work should suffer because of something Don Rosa said.
Nor did Don Rosa write the article on Wikipedia.
Btw, how do you mean "I see DCML being shut down in honour of Rosa."? Will DCML be shut down?
Stephan
Stephan

Postby Egg » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:54 pm

Stephan wrote:
Egg wrote:The article mentions a "retirement between 1942 and 1947".

Barks didn't point out the exact date of scrooge retirement?

Barks didn't point out any retirement. That's completely Rosa's invention. It comes from Rosa's "timeline".

Stephan wrote:
Egg wrote:The article mentions "depicted as even suffering from symptoms of clinical depression" during that so-called retirement.

Scrooge indeed seems a bit depressed in his first story. "Me - I'm different! Everobody hates me and I hate everybody!".

That's different from a retirement and a "clinical depression". There's a later Barks-story in which Scrooge is despressed and angry about christmas, pointing to a calendar angrily. I believe the picture's in Wim van Helden's book. Maybe you know the story?

Stephan wrote:That it's not exactly Don Rosa's fault, I think.
I.e., the Magic Hourglass story got changed because Don Rosa saw it as fictional fiction, but I'm sure Don Rosa wouldn't want the story to be changed. It's the editors who decided that Barks' work should suffer because of something Don Rosa said.

Rosa is known to publicly protest whenever he hates something. So why don't he protest about this?

Stephan wrote:Nor did Don Rosa write the article on Wikipedia.

Of course Don Rosa isn't guilty personally or directly. I believe he's protested about hardcore fans. Of course there's colour. But how can I discuss if I have to fill in both sides by myself? You can read DCML too. Especially now the archive of 1992-1999 is available again, on McDuck.

Stephan wrote:Btw, how do you mean "I see DCML being shut down in honour of Rosa."? Will DCML be shut down?

With the dramatic wording "shut down", I meant that emails are first read by some fanclub-people, before they can appear on DCML. I have a quite innocent email on 'The Magic Hourglass' that got rejected because Rosa-people would object. Such idiot censoring and judging makes me so funny about Rosa and Co. What else can I do but laugh about it? The truth is too painful.
Egg

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:18 pm

I wouldn't call that depressed just so much as cranky and ornery.
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:23 pm

Oops! That should be "I wouldn't call that depressed, just cranky and ornery." Sorry.
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby Robb_K » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:09 am

Doctor Witchie Britchie wrote:Oops! That should be "I wouldn't call that depressed, just cranky and ornery." Sorry.

I agree 100%! He was the OPPOSITE of depressed. He was enjoying his second favourite pastime (other than counting, looking at, smelling, swimming in and playing in his money) reveling in his contempt for the average human (animal/human), who is lazy, selfish and has no decent values).
Robb_K

Postby Stephan » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:03 am

Egg wrote:There's a later Barks-story in which Scrooge is despressed and angry about christmas, pointing to a calendar angrily. I believe the picture's in Wim van Helden's book. Maybe you know the story?

There are a lot of Christmas stories by Barks... Maybe one of the following, with Scrooge: FC0367 A Christmas for Shacktown, CP09 Christmas in Duckburg, DG The Christmas Cha-Cha, WDCS268 Christmas Cheers, WDCS280 Double Masquerade or U$47 The Thrifty Spendthrift?
Stephan
Stephan

Previous

Return to Other creators