What can we say about Barks?

creator of Duckburg and Scrooge McDuck

Postby Egg » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:16 pm

Headquarters wrote:I'm guessing your full name is Egg J. Lakes. Right? :)

Panic! Someone is watching me. Someone who seems to know me. Is it good or bad folk? Can I open the door? :O
Egg

Postby Egg » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:22 am

Paralyzed Buffalo wrote:
Egg wrote:Question especially for Paralyzed Buffalo? Then I'd never get the answer! ParaBuffa knows only tiny little bit about my great Barks.

Hey, Hey! Hooka hey! Ho ho! What suppose this to mean? Me knowing extremely awful lot about The Greatest Mufti of all Mufti's Barks!

Ha! We'll see about that. Can you mention some more of the best Barks-stories you know, apart from the salesman-story 'Land of the totem poles'?

Paralyzed Buffalo wrote:Egg now must watch out or ParaBuffa making clutched eggs of Egg's eggs.

Paralyzed Buffalo afraid of intellectual pale-shell Egg. ParaBuffa can't stand he's out of smoke-signals.
Egg

Postby Paralyzed Buffalo » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:25 am

Egg wrote:Ha! We'll see about that. Can you mention some more of the best Barks-stories you know, apart from the salesman-story 'Land of the totem poles'?

Wahahahahahaha! Egg making me laugh out loud! Hahahaha! Egg kidding me? Me supposed mentioning hundreds of stories from Great Mufti now? Come on, you big boy, right? You seeing all magnificent quality in Barks-stories like in Echostory or in Lost ten-dollarbillstory. Not even mentioning story with pyromaniac police officer or Story with Creepy Arab neighbour. Actually there no need for other artists continuing making DD-stories. Greatest storyteller of all time will never be equalized, and stories can be read thousand times. Me rereading all the time, and this giving lot of joy. Is like some other stuff, like Laurel and Hardy-movies, or Bach-music. Eternal greatness. Beyond ordinary earthstuff. Heavenly beauty. Next time Egg posing more realistic question.
Paralyzed Buffalo

Postby Egg » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:28 am

Paralyzed Buffalo do know some little bit of Barks? Egg surprised.

Paralyzed Buffalo wrote:Actually there no need for other artists continuing making DD-stories. Greatest storyteller of all time will never be equalized, and stories can be read thousand times. Me rereading all the time, and this giving lot of joy. Is like some other stuff, like Laurel and Hardy-movies, or Bach-music. Eternal greatness. Beyond ordinary earthstuff. Heavenly beauty. Next time Egg posing more realistic question.

Paralyzed Buffalo not telling WHY stuff like Barks is good. (Gotcha!)
Egg

Postby Egg » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:31 am

Egg would be a great interviewer. Egg deserves talkshow.
Egg

Postby Mr Cactus » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:07 pm

Late night show"over-eggsagaration"
Mr Cactus

Postby Paralyzed Buffalo » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:17 am

Egg wrote:(Gotcha!)

Me not interested in why is so good. Me not analyzing type. Me more sensitive type. Barks is heaven. Even Rosa real sucky-sucky compared to great mufti Carl. But few artists can cope with Barks-feeling. Jippes in early days. Branca almost all the time. Gotcha? Bull.
Paralyzed Buffalo

Postby Paralyzed Buffalo » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:24 am

Egg wrote:Egg would be a great interviewer. Egg deserves talkshow.

Name of show: Raw Egg's Talkie Talkie Nonsense Boulevard?
Paralyzed Buffalo

Postby Egg » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:28 am

Why is Paralyzed Buffalo always after poor little me? (sob! sob!)
Egg

Postby Egg » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:31 am

Egg is knight in shining shell. Paralyzed Buffalo is like the laughing persons in the Barks-story who humiliate knight Donald at a party. Later they are all ashamed of themselves.
Thanks Barks, for supporting misunderstood Egg in difficult times.

(P.B. know the story Egg means?)
Egg

Postby Robb_K » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:03 am

Paralyzed Buffalo wrote:
Egg wrote:Ha! We'll see about that. Can you mention some more of the best Barks-stories you know, apart from the salesman-story 'Land of the totem poles'?

Wahahahahahaha! Egg making me laugh out loud! Hahahaha! Egg kidding me? Me supposed mentioning hundreds of stories from Great Mufti now? Come on, you big boy, right? You seeing all magnificent quality in Barks-stories like in Echostory or in Lost ten-dollarbillstory. Not even mentioning story with pyromaniac police officer or Story with Creepy Arab neighbour. Actually there no need for other artists continuing making DD-stories. Greatest storyteller of all time will never be equalized, and stories can be read thousand times. Me rereading all the time, and this giving lot of joy. Is like some other stuff, like Laurel and Hardy-movies, or Bach-music. Eternal greatness. Beyond ordinary earthstuff. Heavenly beauty. Next time Egg posing more realistic question.

Actually, the "creepy" neighbour was NOT an Arab, but a Persian. The Persians, Medes and Bactrians were Indo-Iranians from the Indo-Aryan group of languages (peoples). The Arabs were from the South Semitic group of the Semites (part of the Hamito-Semitic language group (peoples).
Robb_K

Postby Doctor Witchie Britchie » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:20 pm

I don't think the "creepy neighbor" himself was supposed to be Persian, if you mean the scientist in the In Ancient Persia story. I got the impression he was British or American (probably British, since he looked like Boris Karloff), and had found out about the Persian dehydration secret from probing around as an archeologist.
Doctor Witchie Britchie

Postby Robb_K » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:04 pm

Doctor Witchie Britchie wrote:I don't think the "creepy neighbor" himself was supposed to be Persian, if you mean the scientist in the In Ancient Persia story. I got the impression he was British or American (probably British, since he looked like Boris Karloff), and had found out about the Persian dehydration secret from probing around as an archeologist.

Of course! He was a WESTERN scientist! Wat dom! This is what happens when you get senile. But, in any case, he wasn't an Arab. Everyone knows Arabs only wear Galabia's and Kufia's!
Robb_K

Postby Paralyzed Buffalo » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:42 am

Egg wrote:Egg is knight in shining shell. Paralyzed Buffalo is like the laughing persons in the Barks-story who humiliate knight Donald at a party. Later they are all ashamed of themselves.
Thanks Barks, for supporting misunderstood Egg in difficult times.

(P.B. know the story Egg means?)

Me know the story! Me know the story! Is story in which Donald going to dress-up party in harnass! He then chasing away nasty lions! Snobs standing for John Joker. Beautiful and emotional things happen in reader's perception ability after reading this one. Really fairy-tale!
Paralyzed Buffalo

Postby Paralyzed Buffalo » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:50 am

Robb_K wrote:Of course! He was a WESTERN scientist! Wat dom! This is what happens when you get senile. But, in any case, he wasn't an Arab. Everyone knows Arabs only wear Galabia's and Kufia's!

Nonononononono! Is Persian indeed! You right, me wrong! No way he Arab! And no way he European! He Persian with studying-background in Europe. Is self-evident!
Paralyzed Buffalo

PreviousNext

Return to Carl Barks