Mathilda, do you mean this story (the northheaster on cape quack):
http://disneycomics.free.fr/Ducks/Barks/show.php?loc=1962/W_WDC_256-01
"I was alone, me against the world, and the world was winning!"
Scrooge McDuck - A letter from home
Karel
Een echte Don Rosa Fan!

Re: Amerikaanse Duck fan wil Sinterklaas Special-2011 te kri

Berichtdoor matilda » vr jan 27, 2012 1:47 am

Yes, Karel, that's one of my Christmas favorites, a Barks ten-pager from WDC 256.

The new Geradts lighthouse story in the Sinterklaas special is:

http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=H+2010-329
matilda

Berichtdoor DD » vr jan 27, 2012 8:51 pm

Dubbelduck schreef:Duck, ik denk niet dat er Sinterklaas verhalen in Amerika worden gepubliceerd. In Amerika kennen ze namelijk helemaal geen Sinterklaas. Ze kennen wel de afgeleide vorm Santa Claus, maar dat is bij ons de Kerstman.

Niet alle verhalen uit Sinterklaas specials zijn over sinterklaas. In sommige komt sinterklaas niet voor en zijn de verhalen gewoon van Deense afkomst. Zoals een verhaal over een speculaashuisje dat ik me kan herinneren. De Nederlandse redactie heeft voor deze verhalen gewoon het een en ander aangepast.
Vader van 'n schattige, kleine Duck.
DD
Verzamelaar zonder grenzen

Berichtdoor matilda » zo jan 29, 2012 6:24 am

Appie Aap, if you would be willing to send me scans of the two stories I've mentioned (the first story, the lighthouse Sinterklaas story, and the cake/gingerbread house story), I would be most grateful. Please send them to: elaine1 apenstaartje snet.net

Thanks so much!

I'm going to keep trying to find a secondhand copy to buy, but in the meantime, it will be nice to have the scans.
matilda

Berichtdoor Robb_K » zo jan 29, 2012 9:24 am

matilda schreef:Appie Aap, if you would be willing to send me scans of the two stories I've mentioned (the first story, the lighthouse Sinterklaas story, and the cake/gingerbread house story), I would be most grateful. Please send them to: elaine1 apenstaartje snet.net

Thanks so much!

I'm going to keep trying to find a secondhand copy to buy, but in the meantime, it will be nice to have the scans.

So, Matilda, can you then read Nederlands after all? Do you have Dutch ancestry? Why is "apenstaartje" part of your mail address name? Can you read German as well?
Ik heb alles geleerd van Professor Desiderius Netelmans van de Universiteit van Duckstad.
Robb_K
Klassiek Barksist

Berichtdoor Appie Aap » zo jan 29, 2012 7:22 pm

matilda schreef:Appie Aap, if you would be willing to send me scans of the two stories I've mentioned (the first story, the lighthouse Sinterklaas story, and the cake/gingerbread house story), I would be most grateful. Please send them to: elaine1 apenstaartje snet.net

You should have recieved an email by now. :wink:
Appie Aap
Liefhebber

Berichtdoor matilda » zo jan 29, 2012 10:04 pm

Robb, I wrote this in response to your question on DCF:
I can make my way through a German comic book, with the occasional help of a dictionary, online translator or a German friend (esp for the slang). Sadly, I can't read Dutch, but I can still sometimes figure out a simple comic story in Dutch with the help of Google translate and the like (and I have a relative who does know Dutch, who helps sometimes). I'm best at French--that's the first place I look, for stories that haven't been published in English. I actually often wish that the American school system had taught me more useful languages for the important things in life (i.e., Disney comics) than French and German: Dutch, or Danish/Norwegian/Swedish (learn one, you can read them all, I hear tell), or Finnish, or Italian....

The "apenstaartje" was just a stand-in for the "at" sign--I was trying to be Dutch-friendly and call it by its Dutch name (according to Wikipedia!). :) I am told not to write my email address on a forum with the at-sign--too easy for others to lift out.

I am getting a little better at reading Dutch, from practicing on comics! Several of my favorite Disney duck comic creators are Dutch; the first duck story I ever decided to save for a lifetime that wasn't by Barks or Rosa was Evert Geradts' Ringtail van Dukke pirate story:

http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=H+88041
matilda

Berichtdoor Robb_K » zo jan 29, 2012 10:22 pm

matilda schreef:Robb, I wrote this in response to your question on DCF:
I can make my way through a German comic book, with the occasional help of a dictionary, online translator or a German friend (esp for the slang). Sadly, I can't read Dutch, but I can still sometimes figure out a simple comic story in Dutch with the help of Google translate and the like (and I have a relative who does know Dutch, who helps sometimes). I'm best at French--that's the first place I look, for stories that haven't been published in English. I actually often wish that the American school system had taught me more useful languages for the important things in life (i.e., Disney comics) than French and German: Dutch, or Danish/Norwegian/Swedish (learn one, you can read them all, I hear tell), or Finnish, or Italian....

The "apenstaartje" was just a stand-in for the "at" sign--I was trying to be Dutch-friendly and call it by its Dutch name (according to Wikipedia!). :) I am told not to write my email address on a forum with the at-sign--too easy for others to lift out.

I am getting a little better at reading Dutch, from practicing on comics! Several of my favorite Disney duck comic creators are Dutch; the first duck story I ever decided to save for a lifetime that wasn't by Barks or Rosa was Evert Geradts' Ringtail van Dukke pirate story:

http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=H+88041

Of course! I see now.

I am convinced that someone will soon find for you second hand copies of the Sinterklaas Specials, or the Weekblad issues containing those stories you want. When I return to Nederland, i will look for them as well. I know a few shops where I can find the Weekblad issue from the 1990s that contain at least one of the two stories.
Ik heb alles geleerd van Professor Desiderius Netelmans van de Universiteit van Duckstad.
Robb_K
Klassiek Barksist

Berichtdoor matilda » zo jan 29, 2012 10:36 pm

Thanks so much, Robb! It is most kind of you to keep an eye out for these stories for me. The lighthouse Sinterklaas story is so far published only in this Sinterklaas issue, according to INDUCKS--but the cake house story was published earlier, and it looks as though all of the Dutch printings had the good coloring.

In case I confused the issue earlier by giving the INDUCKS reference for the Jan Kruse lighthouse story (which I have)....

The two stories I want from Sinterklaas 2011 are:

http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=H+2010-329 Geradts' lighthouse story

http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=D++4684 the gingerbread house--this was earlier published in the Sinterklaas-special 1992 and in Donald Duck 1982-49 (Actually, I should ask Arthur de Wolf if he has that one to sell--he was divesting of many of his comics a while back....)
matilda

Berichtdoor Robb_K » ma jan 30, 2012 3:58 am

matilda schreef:Thanks so much, Robb! It is most kind of you to keep an eye out for these stories for me. The lighthouse Sinterklaas story is so far published only in this Sinterklaas issue, according to INDUCKS--but the cake house story was published earlier, and it looks as though all of the Dutch printings had the good coloring.

In case I confused the issue earlier by giving the INDUCKS reference for the Jan Kruse lighthouse story (which I have)....

The two stories I want from Sinterklaas 2011 are:

http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=H+2010-329 Geradts' lighthouse story

http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=D++4684 the gingerbread house--this was earlier published in the Sinterklaas-special 1992 and in Donald Duck 1982-49 (Actually, I should ask Arthur de Wolf if he has that one to sell--he was divesting of many of his comics a while back....)

It should be very easy to find a second hand issue of Donald Duck Weekblad nr. 49 from 1982. And it will cost very little.
Robb_K
Klassiek Barksist

Berichtdoor Ridder ter Geit » ma jan 30, 2012 8:57 am

Perhaps I will have some time this wednesday, when I'll be in a city with comic shops. I will also see if I can find the Sinterklaas special then.
Ridder ter Geit

Berichtdoor matilda » ma jan 30, 2012 10:37 pm

Ridder ter Geit: Thanks much for checking the shops for me!
matilda

Berichtdoor Ridder ter Geit » za feb 04, 2012 1:40 am

I asked in a shop and heard that all shops have to send the Sinterklaas-specials back to the publisher after 'Sinterklaas'-time. The publisher, Sanoma, wants all copies back, appearantly. The only option I can think of now is for someone to call the Sanoma-numer Ui posted earlier and order a copy. I can try to do this for you, if you want?
Ridder ter Geit

Berichtdoor matilda » za feb 04, 2012 5:33 am

I think someone else (a Dutch member of Disney Comics Forum) already tried contacting Sanoma for me, Ridder, and got a negative response--saying they no longer had copies available. (I tried myself to email them, in English, and got no response at all.) So I suspect that is what you'd find out. I believe I'll just have to wait and see whether someone some time finds a used copy for me--at a comic convention, or in a store that sells used comics, or in the possession of a nephew/niece who got one from Sinterklaas and would be willing to sell it! But thanks again for checking for me, it was very kind of you.

At least, thanks to Appie Aap, I have the scans! So putting my plea on McDrake.nl definitively got me something.
matilda

Berichtdoor Ridder ter Geit » za feb 04, 2012 11:38 am

I think the problem is that it's a special issue for a Dutch holiday after this holiday. The publisher keeps those in check, I guess, to avoid having those issues around in shops after this holiday, because that wouldn't look so good. So you can only hope for someone to have it and sell it on 'Marktplaats' or so (sort of a dutch ebay) or for someone to sell it second-hand to a comic shop.
Ridder ter Geit

VorigeVolgende

Keer terug naar Donald Duck Extra