Het laatste schilderij - Happy Hour!

Berichtdoor Ei » wo okt 28, 2009 4:15 pm

Een verzamelaar schreef aan Daniël73, in een e-mail van 20 september 2009:
I went to the Diamond Gallery opening in Baltimore this summer and saw a huge number of Barks paintings (Kerby Confer and Steve Geppi's collections). There I was able to see and photograph Barks's last painting: Happy Hour! According to Kerby Confer, who owns the painting, it was the last painting that Barks had done, and was commissioned directly by Confer; see the numbers on the gold bars? (iv vii ix or 479)? That is Confer's "number" for all of his signed and numbered Barks lithographs. Other interesting notes about the painting: Barks told Confer that he had the ducks in the background leaving and waving goodbye because Barks knew it would be his last painting. Also, in America, Happy Hour refers to work days at 5pm, where workers can leave work and go to bars for an alcoholic drink -- but Barks assured Confer that the jug and glass next to Scrooge were filled with juice, not wine (wink wink).

I'm sending you a high rez image of the painting that I took myself at the gallery. Feel free to use it and the above trivia on your site. I know I spent years looking for high quality images of this last Barks painting.

Verkleinde weergave: 471x600
Afbeelding

Ware grootte: 3300x4200 (6.06 MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?omgfjjyygwg
Ei

Keer terug naar Carl Barks