Verloren verhalen van Carl Barks

Berichtdoor Duckfan van Down Under » vr feb 26, 2010 1:16 pm

Arm wassen, mond spoelen, ga gewoon meteen in de douche! Dan bespaar je op water!
Duckfan van Down Under

Re: Verloren verhalen van Carl Barks

Berichtdoor Ridder ter Geit » vr jan 27, 2012 10:55 am

Rob Klein over zijn versie van het 'golden apples' verhaal:

Rob Klein schreef:From as far back as 1966, when I learned about that shelved story from Malcom Willits, and Carl told me he never had the story returned to him, I wanted to re-create it. I asked Carl several times, to pick his brain to try to remember everything he could about that story. I was busy with other projects for years, hoping that the original pages or photostats of it would be found. But, finally, in the early 2000s, I decided to write it and draw the storyboards. I asked Daan Jippes if he would like to draw it, because he could do the best job of trying to mimic Barks' drawing style from 1952, and his wonderful staging and laying out of the panels. Much to my joy, Daan agreed to draw it. Before he would start drawing it, we wanted to submit the story to a publisher, to make sure that the storyline wouldn't have any changes. We submitted it to Egmont. Byron Erickson told us that a "re-creation" of that story was part of a long project of several Barks story ideas that were being written up by Geoffrey Blum (and drawn by various artists). So, he kept our story to compare with Blum's, to decide which he would buy and publish. One year later, we were told that Blum's was the version chosen. This distressed me greatly, as my version included more information directly from Carl Barks about what had been in the story, and I made it 10 pages long, which was its original size, as it had been scheduled for Walt Disney's Comics & Stories issue No. 144 (September 1952). Geoff Blum had read about the story from Michael Barrier's 1970s interview with Barks. And, Blum had decided to just use the general plotline of Barks, and essentially write his own story (thus the additions of Uncle Scrooge and Magica De Spell into the story). Subsequently, Daan and I offered the story to Dutch Disney Comics. But, editor, Thom Roep declined it, saying that the story was too "unBarkslike". I still hope that a Disney Comics publisher (perhaps Disney Italia?) will publish it some day (although, now, I suspect that Daan Jippes will not draw it, as he ended up drawing Geoff Blum's version).
Ridder ter Geit

Berichtdoor Michiel Q » vr jan 27, 2012 6:04 pm

Ridder ter Geit schreef:Rob Klein over zijn versie van het 'golden apples' verhaal:

Bron: http://dailywardrum.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... klein.html

Wel zo netjes om even de bron te vermelden!
*) Hypercritical Inquiring Seeker into Tales of Old and Rumors of Yore, as well as Noser-outer of Unprovable Tommyrot!
Michiel Q
Great H.I.S.T.O.R.Y.N.U.T.*

Berichtdoor Ui » zo jan 29, 2012 6:14 pm

Rob Klein schreef:One year later, we were told that Blum's was the version chosen. This distressed me greatly, as my version included more information directly from Carl Barks about what had been in the story, and I made it 10 pages long, which was its original size, as it had been scheduled for Walt Disney's Comics & Stories issue No. 144 (September 1952).

Welke "information directly from Carl Barks"? Dat blijft altijd mysterieus. Wat heeft men aan scenario met Barks-ingrediënten, als vaag blijft om welke ingrediënten het precies gaat? (snik) Of blijft deze informatie geheim tot het Klein-scenario is aangekocht?
Hopelijk wil Rob Klein ooit eens opsommen, wat hij van Barks weet over dit verhaal. En hopelijk is dit niet afhankelijk van een wel/geen aankoop van zijn scenario.
Er blijft een vaagheid rondom het Klein-scenario, over wat nu precies van Barks is. Niet alleen Blum, maar ook Klein heeft er zelf veel omheen verzonnen. En bij Blum is tenminste duidelijk, op welke Barks-informatie hij zich baseert. Alles wat niet in Barrier's boek staat, is door Blum verzonnen. Dat geeft duidelijkheid.

Excuses voor het doorvragen. Ui's indruk is dat het Klein-scenario wordt genoemd als zijnde een verloren Barks-klassieker, terwijl er geen bewijs is over wat het zogenaamde Barksgehalte. Op Inducks staat zelfs een scenario-pagina afgebeeld bij het verloren Barksverhaal:
http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=CZ+WDC+144

COAzilla:
Daniel73 story?c=CZ WDC 144 31714 Sunday, Sep 19, 2010, 05:34:11 maintained by FWi
The shown script page is made by R Klein, not by Barks. I think showing the page in a Barks entry is highly confusing. If Klein's script is interesting enough to include in the Inducks database, I think it should have its own entry.
Klein's script is a "remake" at most. And as far as I know, he only has very little recollection of his discussions with Barks, decades earlier, concerning the story. And no notes were made at the time.

― HF Monday, Sep 20, 2010, 10:27:48 AM
I agree: the scan should be moved or removed.

― DonHergeFan Friday, Mar 25, 2011, 10:29:44 AM
Just add a new entry for Klein.

― daniel73 Friday, Mar 25, 2011, 11:36:09 AM
How do I add a new entry? (Or is your comment directed at someone else?)

― DonHergeFan Saturday, Mar 26, 2011, 10:56:16 AM
It's directed to s.o. who can add a new entry. ;-)

bron: http://coa.inducks.org/coazilla.php?num=31714&showUnsolved=&me=&sentby=&isimportant=&search=&xxuser=&category=

Ui heeft de indruk, dat het Klein-scenario door sommigen wordt opgedrongen als iets van Barks. Terwijl het zogenaamde Barksgehalte vaag blijft. Wat bevat het Klein-scenario aan Barks, dat de Blum-versie niet heeft?
Zulke kritische vragen moeten gesteld kunnen worden. Het gaat immers over Barks! (snif)
Na zonneschijn komt regen.
Ui
emotioneel wezen

Berichtdoor Bruno » wo feb 08, 2012 3:54 pm

Die belangrijke punten zijn toch bijvoorbeeld dat Magica nog niet bestond, dat Katrien een grote rol speelde en Dagobert er ook niet in voorkwam? En dan is het meteen al dichter bij het oorspronkelijke idee van Barks dan de versie van Blum, zou ik zeggen.
Bruno

Berichtdoor Ui » do feb 09, 2012 6:47 pm

Bruno schreef:Die belangrijke punten zijn toch bijvoorbeeld dat Magica nog niet bestond, dat Katrien een grote rol speelde en Dagobert er ook niet in voorkwam? En dan is het meteen al dichter bij het oorspronkelijke idee van Barks dan de versie van Blum, zou ik zeggen.

Maar de Klein-versie heeft ook toevoegingen die niet van Barks zijn. De enige versie met zekerheid is dus de "Barrier-versie", namelijk een vage herinnering van Barks. (snik)
De Klein-versie zou op z'n minst begeleid moeten worden door een artikel waarin staat wat echt van Barks komt. Want, in tegenstelling tot de Blum-versie, claimt de Klein-versie een reconstructie te zijn.
Ui gokt, dat ook redacties hun vragen hebben.
Ui
emotioneel wezen

Berichtdoor Michiel Q » vr maart 02, 2012 1:59 am

Tekenaar Joakim Gunnarson speculeert dat Barks de plot van "The Golden Apples" heeft hergebruikt in "Turkey Trouble":

Joakim Gunnarson schreef:When one reads Turkey Trouble in WDC 243 (1960), it is easy to draw parallels between the two stories. Instead of an apple festival, it is a thanksgiving day feast and all men play at being pioneers who captures game and gather fruit in the forest. The main course to be served at the feast is turkey. Whoever captures the most wild turkeys in the woods gets to dine with the queen of the festival.

Lees verder op: http://sekvenskonst.blogspot.com/2011/1 ... rkeys.html
*) Hypercritical Inquiring Seeker into Tales of Old and Rumors of Yore, as well as Noser-outer of Unprovable Tommyrot!
Michiel Q
Great H.I.S.T.O.R.Y.N.U.T.*

Berichtdoor Ui » vr maart 02, 2012 6:12 am

Michiel Q schreef:Tekenaar Joakim Gunnarson speculeert dat Barks de plot van "The Golden Apples" heeft hergebruikt in "Turkey Trouble":

Joakim Gunnarson schreef:When one reads Turkey Trouble in WDC 243 (1960), it is easy to draw parallels between the two stories. Instead of an apple festival, it is a thanksgiving day feast and all men play at being pioneers who captures game and gather fruit in the forest. The main course to be served at the feast is turkey. Whoever captures the most wild turkeys in the woods gets to dine with the queen of the festival.

Lees verder op: http://sekvenskonst.blogspot.com/2011/10/golden-turkeys.html

Interessant, dit heeft Ui (Daniël) ook eens gesteld. Pakweg 12-14 jaar geleden. Rob Klein heeft ooit eens verteld, dat de koningin niet te zien was door (zoals Ui aanneemt) haar snelheid. Waarop Daniël fantaseerde, dat de koningin misschien aan het einde dusdanig sportvrouw blijkt, dat Donald haar niet aantrekkelijk vindt. Een hoekige, gespierde koningin, bijvoorbeeld. Misschien heeft het te maken met het niet vrouwelijk genoeg zijn van Katrien. Misschien verwees het verhaal naar emancipatie, wat bij Barks linke soep is.
Naast 'Turkey Trouble' zijn er ook 'Water Ski Race' (DD 60) en 'The Jinxed Jalopy Race' (WDC 270).

Gunnarson concludeert, volgens Ui, te makkelijk dat Guus niet meedeed in het verhaal van de gouden appels. Maar daarentegen is Guus te zien een hervertelling van het echo-verhaal, terwijl hij in het oorspronkelijke verhaal afwezig is. Dus Gunnarson heeft wel een punt. (snif)
http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=W+WDC+105-02
http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=W+WDC+215-01
Het blijft speculeren. In een ander hardloop-verhaal, 'The Olympian Torch Bearer', is Guus afwezig.
http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=W+WDC+286-01
Ui
emotioneel wezen

Vorige

Keer terug naar Carl Barks