Plot 'Inception' komt overeen met Don Rosa's 'Dream of a Lif

Berichtdoor Appie Aap » wo aug 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Moviesense schreef:Plot Inception komt overeen met Donald Duck verhaal

Het plot uit de succesvolle film Inception blijkt veel overeenkomsten te hebben met een Donald Duck verhaal uit 2004

Mocht je Inception nog niet gezien hebben, lees dan niet verder want onderstaande bevat spoilers over de verhaallijn.

In het stripverhaal zijn de Zware Jongens het huis van Dagobert Duck binnengedrongen en door middel van een droommachine stappen ze zijn droom binnen om de combinatie te achterhalen van zijn kluis. In de film Inception wordt op dezelfde manier een code van een kluis achterhaalt.

Afbeelding

Het 26-pagina tellende verhaal met de titel Uncle Scrooge’s The Dream Of A Lifetime verscheen in 2004 en is hier gratis te lezen.

Bron: http://www.moviesense.nl/2010/08/plot-inception-komt-overeen-met-donald-duck-verhaal/

Voor wat meer reacties: http://www.moviemeter.nl/film/59666/info/2067

Opmerkelijk, nietwaar? Ik meen me te herinneren dat het idee van deze strip misschien ook wel van een andere film komt ('The Cell').
Appie Aap
Liefhebber

Berichtdoor McDuck Menu » vr aug 06, 2010 10:43 pm

http://tinyurl.com/33f46sf
NL redactie over dit onderwerp :)
Mijn portfolio: http://timartz.com
McDuck Menu
Tekent eenden

Berichtdoor Appie Aap » do aug 12, 2010 12:25 pm

Leuke reacties op Twitter:
DonaldDuckNL
Was gisteravond met Katrientje naar een film met Leonardo DiKwaakprio! Het leek een beetje op een avontuur dat ik ooit heb beleefd...
3:24 PM Aug 6th via TweetDeck

KatrienDuckNL @DonaldDuckNL
Haha, in je dromen zeker!
3:24 PM Aug 6th via TweetDeck in reply to DonaldDuckNL
Appie Aap
Liefhebber

Berichtdoor DD » do aug 12, 2010 3:45 pm

Ha! Ha! Ha! Grappige tweets.

Mijn zwager vertelde laatst hoe de film Inception ging. Ik wist direct dat het overeenkwam met dat verhaal en wou het ook direct vertellen aan hem en mijn zus. Maar achteraf dacht ik: ach laat maar, anders zullen ze zeggen dat ik altijd alles met Donald Duck combineer. Laat het deze keer echt waar zijn :P

In het filmpje staat dat de redactie er niks tegenaan gaat doen. Maar ik begrijp dat niet helemaal. De Nederlandse redactie is niet de enige die dit verhaal heeft gepubliceerd. Hoe zit het dan met de redacties van de andere landen. En hoe zit het met Don Rosa zelf? Hij heeft vast niks meer te zeggen maar officieel is het verhaal nu toch van Disney en ligt het toch aan hun of het wel o geen zaak wordt?
Vader van 'n schattige, kleine Duck.
DD
Verzamelaar zonder grenzen

Berichtdoor Badeend » do aug 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Don Rosa schreef:feidhelm:
>>>>>Don, click on the link above

Yes, I've been watching that discussion for several weeks. It's spreading further across the Internet every minute, eh?

Another thing: I once met Leonardo DiCaprio at the San Diego ComiCon when he was buying old comics for his collection from a friend of mine before the doors opened to the general public.
Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!

bron: http://www.papersera.net/cgi-bin/yabb/Y ... /3046#3046

Don Rosa schreef:Franka:
>>>>>Could you please, Don, answer the questions above?

Which questions? Where did I get the idea for "The Dream of a Lifetime"?

As I write in the text that accompanies that story, this was one of the only times I accepted an idea suggested by a fan. This French fan sent me an idea that basically started with Gyro inventing a machine that enables the Beagle Boys to enter $crooge's mind, and Donald and the Nephews also go in to fight them. The fan elaborated on his own plot for that idea, which I didn't like, but I could not resist the very basic idea, especially in having $crooge dreaming of his Lo$ adventures so that I could create new versions of those scenes involving Donald and others.

So I traded the fan an original color drawing for his idea. I also wanted to give the fan credit by name in my texts, but he strangely declined that offer. I wondered why.

Then, a few years later, I saw the movie THE CELL on TV, and it was the plot that the fan had sent me. I checked the Internet, and I saw that THE CELL had debuted in France about a month before the fan sent me his idea. Did he swipe the idea from the movie? Is that why he didn't want his name mentioned? I'll never know.

What other question? Did Chris Nolan, a director of movies based on comics and obviously a comic book reader, get his INCEPTION ideas in whole or in part from my story? I'll never know that either.

bron: http://www.papersera.net/cgi-bin/yabb/Y ... /3052#3052
Badeend

Berichtdoor DD » do aug 12, 2010 6:44 pm

Dankjewel badeend.
DD

Berichtdoor Appie Aap » do aug 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Van Il forum del Papersera:

Pacuvio schreef:Chi traduce al Don questo articolo? [Who translates this article for Don?]

http://www.afnews.info/wordpress/2010/08/don-rosa-ha-ispirato-il-fim-inception/

feidhelm schreef:Non c'è bisogno Occhiolino [Not necessary]

Don, click on the link above

Pacuvio schreef:Sì, ma l'articolo di afNews mi sembra più completo e ricco di domande... [Yes, but the article of afNews seembs to be more complete and full of questions ...]

Don Rosa schreef:feidhelm:
>>>>>Don, click on the link above

Yes, I've been watching that discussion for several weeks. It's spreading further across the Internet every minute, eh?

Another thing: I once met Leonardo DiCaprio at the San Diego ComiCon when he was buying old comics for his collection from a friend of mine before the doors opened to the general public.

Franka schreef:[...]
It 's interesting to note that the memories (collective and individual) related to comics are at least as strong as those related to film, if not more. Another example is the case cited by Newsarama, which is going round the Network during this period. This is the story of the film Inception (2010, Christopher Nolan, starring Leonardo DiCaprio – click here for the Italian trailer) that much reminds a story by Don Rosa, Uncle Scrooge - the dream of a life (Uncle Scrooge 172), released in 2002 in northern Europe and in the USA in 2004. Plagiarism? Inspiration? Coincidence? And where Don Rosa got inspiration for this invention of Archimedes that can enter (and exit) the dreams of people? From a European fan, they say. And, if so, the admirer of Don Rosa, what does he hark back to? Beyond the funny sources research (and on the possible "first inventor") where you can spend time for pleasure, this is, as we said, a further confirmation of how strong is the impact on the minds of readers even of a Comics short story.

Could you please, Don, answer the questions above?
Thank you.

Don Rosa schreef:Franka:
>>>>>Could you please, Don, answer the questions above?

Which questions? Where did I get the idea for "The Dream of a Lifetime"?

As I write in the text that accompanies that story, this was one of the only times I accepted an idea suggested by a fan. This French fan sent me an idea that basically started with Gyro inventing a machine that enables the Beagle Boys to enter $crooge's mind, and Donald and the Nephews also go in to fight them. The fan elaborated on his own plot for that idea, which I didn't like, but I could not resist the very basic idea, especially in having $crooge dreaming of his Lo$ adventures so that I could create new versions of those scenes involving Donald and others.

So I traded the fan an original color drawing for his idea. I also wanted to give the fan credit by name in my texts, but he strangely declined that offer. I wondered why.

Then, a few years later, I saw the movie THE CELL on TV, and it was the plot that the fan had sent me. I checked the Internet, and I saw that THE CELL had debuted in France about a month before the fan sent me his idea. Did he swipe the idea from the movie? Is that why he didn't want his name mentioned? I'll never know.

What other question? Did Chris Nolan, a director of movies based on comics and obviously a comic book reader, get his INCEPTION ideas in whole or in part from my story? I'll never know that either.

Pertwillaby schreef:Mr. Rosa, have you already seen Inception? If not, do you plan to do so?
I already suspected that the movie will be quiet similar to your comic last December (http://dcf.outducks.org/viewtopic.php?id=573&p=1), after watching the first trailer of the movie but I was really surprised yesterday to see that dozens of movie blogs and websites wrote about it. It was very nice to read some comments, some people were really surprised (after reading "Dream of a Lifetime") how good a Disney comic can be. Other people thought this was a hoax and the comic was created a few days ago, because the similarities were so striking.

Just a few links about the story (sadly a lot of them have a few errors like the date of the first release of the comic) :
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/08/03/inceptions-plot-in-a-2004-uncle-scrooge-comic-book/
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/blinkuldhc/news/?a=21055
http://videogum.com/208132/caught-inception-ripped-off-scrooge-mcduck/remakes-and-spinoffs/
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2010/08/inception-stole-everything-from-scrooge-mcduck.html
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/did_inception_SHUHYy004K1ENPzyTFfgtM

I am sure The Dream of a Lifetime is the most famous Disney comic (I know you hate that term, Mr. Rosa, but what should I write?) in the US right now.

Don Rosa schreef:Pertwillaby: (Interesting name...)
>>>>>Mr. Rosa, have you already seen Inception? If not, do you plan to do so?

It sounds like another typical modern American movie with gorgeous but overblown visual effects, brainless action sequences, and characters I wouldn't care about. But I enjoy eye-candy for what it is. I'll probably rent the DVD next year.

I tried browsing all the Internet chatter about the movie being based on or similar to my story, but finally I had to stop reading due to frustration caused by:
•How much gross misinformation about the matter is caused by careless people getting factual details wrong, which spreads like a domino effect across the Internet, screwing up all proper data about that story in particular and Donald Duck/Uncle Scrooge comics in general.
•How many commentators (virtually all American) have so low regard for comics that they pooh-pooh the very idea as a farce, or don’t bother to investigate any accurate data on the matter.
•How many commentators (virtually all American) know nothing about $crooge comics (or that Disney comics even exist) and think this is all about that “DuckTales” TV series and nothing more.
•How many sites show a link to the on-line story which contains no other links to show anyone anything about Disney/Barks/Duck comics or anything else, so that they are getting one iota of info in the midst of a vast desert of ignorance. Also, the site does not give any info about when and how the story was created or published or has appeared. (Or WHO wrote & drew it!)

As for whether the movie swiped ideas from my story, fortunately I don't need to worry about that. That story is not my property -- it belongs to Disney. If they decide to sue the INCEPTION people and make millions more $ off my story, I would not see a cent of it. I'm used to that.

Franka schreef:Thanks Don, your response was exactly what I expected to receive.
Appie Aap
Liefhebber

Berichtdoor Appie Aap » do aug 12, 2010 6:48 pm

Sorry, ik heb niet gezien dat Badeens had gepost toen ik mijn bericht schreef. :|
Appie Aap
Liefhebber

Berichtdoor DD » do aug 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Ik ben wel benieuwd naar Inception nu.

Ff off: Weet iemand wanneer het op DVD uitkomt in NL? Premiere in NL was 22 juli. Hoe lang doet een DVD er over dan?
DD

Berichtdoor Daniel73 » ma aug 16, 2010 6:16 pm

Het is weer komkommertijd!!

McDuck Menu schreef:http://tinyurl.com/33f46sf
NL redactie over dit onderwerp :)

Helaas kan ik dit filmpje nu niet bekijken. Ik moet Silverlight installeren, terwijl deze al is geïnstalleerd. (Iemand heeft aan instellingen van mijn computer gezeten en moet dit nog terugdraaien.)

DD schreef:In het filmpje staat dat de redactie er niks tegenaan gaat doen. Maar ik begrijp dat niet helemaal. De Nederlandse redactie is niet de enige die dit verhaal heeft gepubliceerd. Hoe zit het dan met de redacties van de andere landen. En hoe zit het met Don Rosa zelf? Hij heeft vast niks meer te zeggen maar officieel is het verhaal nu toch van Disney en ligt het toch aan hun of het wel o geen zaak wordt?

Heeft de Roep-redactie op dit "nieuws" gereageerd? De Nederlandse redactie heeft niets te zeggen over wel/geen juridische stappen van Disney. Het verhaal is niet eens voor of door Nederland gemaakt.

04.08.10 18:17:04, Don Rosa schreef:Yes, I've been watching that discussion for several weeks. It's spreading further across the Internet every minute, eh?

Laten we maar hopen dat het internet genoeg capaciteit heeft om al dat verkeer aan te kunnen. :rolleyes:

Don Rosa schreef:Another thing: I once met Leonardo DiCaprio at the San Diego ComiCon when he was buying old comics for his collection from a friend of mine before the doors opened to the general public.

Onzin. Sinds wanneer schrijft acteur Leonardo DiCaprio het script van een film?
Volgens Wikipedia is 'Inception' geschreven door Christopher Nolan.

05.08.10 17:12:08, Don Rosa schreef:Did Chris Nolan, a director of movies based on comics and obviously a comic book reader, get his INCEPTION ideas in whole or in part from my story? I'll never know that either.

Weer zo'n Rosa-statement in vraagvorm. Zo slim is hij wel. Opper in vraagvorm dat acteur DiCaprio ermee van doen heeft, omdat hij een keer strips kocht van een vriend van Rosa. Opper in vraagvorm dat regisseur Nolan een verhalen van Rosa heeft gelezen. Zet op twee paarden tegelijk in! Laat je de aandacht niet ontglippen.

Maar waar gaat het over? Rosa's idee komt van een Franse fan die het mogelijk heeft overgenomen van 'The Cell', zonder dit aan Rosa te vertellen. Een fan die anoniem wil blijven:
05.08.10 17:12:08, Don Rosa schreef:Then, a few years later, I saw the movie THE CELL on TV, and it was the plot that the fan had sent me. I checked the Internet, and I saw that THE CELL had debuted in France about a month before the fan sent me his idea. Did he swipe the idea from the movie? Is that why he didn't want his name mentioned? I'll never know.

Is Rosa nu trots dat hij in een verhaal een idee heeft gebruikt dat mogelijk door een fan is gejat van een film? Rosa oppert dat de fan anoniem wil blijven omdat hij zich schaamt. Maar dat zal Rosa niet weerhouden om zichzelf op de borst te kloppen.
Alles voor een beetje aandacht. Is hier sprake van een Dries Rosa of een Don Roelvink? Straks gaat hij nog rondlopen in enkel een geel zwembroekje... :O

06.08.10 19:47:15, Don Rosa schreef:As for whether the movie swiped ideas from my story, fortunately I don't need to worry about that. That story is not my property -- it belongs to Disney. If they decide to sue the INCEPTION people and make millions more $ off my story, I would not see a cent of it. I'm used to that.

Waarom oppert Rosa niet dat regisseur Nolan zich gewoon rechtstreeks gebaseerd kan hebben op 'The Cell'? Die Franse fan zal vast niet de enige zijn geweest die 'The Cell' heeft gezien.
Daniel73

Berichtdoor Daniel73 » wo aug 18, 2010 7:17 pm

In de muziekvideo 'Everlong' van de Foo Fighters uit 1997, geregisseerd door Michel Gondry, is een gedeelte te zien waarin een man de nachtmerrie van zijn vrouw binnenstapt om haar eruit te redden. Deze rollen zijn gespeeld door Dave Grohl (man) en, in travestie, Taylor Hawkins (vrouw).
Zie YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyvvCuIHrJw
Het gedeelte begint bij 2:05.

Wikipedia beschrijft het gebeuren als volgt:
[Grohl] is awakened by his own bedside phone, which he answers only to realize that Hawkins is on the other end, calling from her own dream.

There, Hawkins is shown blocking the entrances in the cabin as the two villains try to break in, while an unaware Grohl continues gathering logs. Hawkins then frantically dials a phone, and the scene is intercut with shots of Hawkins (in the dream) and Grohl (in reality) communicating by phone.

After the villains successfully bind Hawkins to a chair, Grohl forces himself to fall asleep again in order to rescue her. He initially finds himself in another dream, lying in a bed with several women who have their legs spread over him. He then finds himself back in the Hawkins dream, with the legs turning into the logs. Some drop to the ground and leave him with two logs connected by a chain, resembling nunchaku. He runs up to the door of the house to find Smear (with a giant axe) and Mendel (with a chainsaw) about to kill Hawkins. Grohl brandishes the log nunchaku, and then drops them as his hand swells again. He beats up Smear while Hawkins sneaks away to grab a pan which she uses to knock Mendel out. The two exchange loving smiles before walking out and throwing the unconscious attackers into a small pond.

bron: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everlong#Plot_summary

Het binnenstappen van andermans dromen is dus ouder dan 'Inception', 'Dream of a Lifetime' én 'The Cell'. De Foo Fighters deden het al.
Daniel73

Berichtdoor DubbelD » zo aug 29, 2010 2:21 pm

Ik heb de film gisteren bekeken, ten eerste: zeker de moeite waard! En het vertoonde zeker wel gelijkheden met de strip. Maar ach, wie maakt zich er druk om?
DubbelD

Berichtdoor Redmess » zo aug 29, 2010 2:31 pm

Voor wie het verhaal eens wil vergelijken:

http://disneycomics.free.fr/Ducks/Rosa/ ... =D2002-033
Redmess

Berichtdoor DD » zo aug 29, 2010 3:55 pm

Maar wat Don Rosa op het Italiaanse forum zegt, over dat bleek dat zijn plot afkomstig is van het film "The Cell" is ook waar. Dus eigenlijk is dat film de basis voor alles.
DD

Berichtdoor kwuk duck » za dec 04, 2010 6:22 pm

ik zag dat hij uitgekomen is en te zien in een deense bioscoop ):
komt deze ooknog in nederland of op internet?? het lijkt me wel leuk om hem te zien want hij blijt voor mij een van de beste tekenaars.
It was me against the world, and the world was winning!
kwuk duck

Volgende

Keer terug naar Don Rosa