Boom! Studio's

Berichtdoor Carl Rosa » zo jun 21, 2009 1:40 am

Gemstone Publishing is de publikatierechten kwijt in Amerika en BOOM! Studio's heeft de licentie overgenomen.
De comics gaan weer terug "back to basi"c" als gewoon comic format.
Vanaf september rollen de eerste comics van de persen en dat is oa de langst lopende reeks Walt Disney's Comics & Stories met daarin gloednieuwe verhalen getiteld Ultraheroes. Een soort van Disney-superhelden door elkaar heen gemixed. In Italie bestaat het al. Hier een voorproefje:

http://www.disney.it/publishing/topolin ... es/UH1.pdf

Zou het ook in het Nederlands verschijnen... Ferdi?

EDIT: titel gewijzigd. was 'Ultraheroes. Nieuwe Disney/Duck strip.'
Laatst bijgewerkt door Carl Rosa op vr jan 29, 2010 5:07 am, in totaal 1 keer bewerkt.
Carl Rosa

Berichtdoor Ridder ter Geit » zo jun 21, 2009 7:51 am

Hu? Ze zijn ALLEMAAL superhelden? Dat is toch geen lange reeks die die bladen blijft vullen, hoop ik? Dat zou nogal sneu zijn voor zo'n oude reeks met Barks zijn eerste verhalen... zijn ze dan toch gezwicht voor de superheldencultuur in Amerika? Met verhalen met 3 plaatjes per pagina? Of is dit een korte reeks uit de Italiaanse pockets die er OOk in komt, om wat superheldfans naar de gewone Donald Duck verhalen toe te trekken?
Ridder ter Geit

Berichtdoor DD » zo jun 21, 2009 10:37 am

Ziet er Superdonaldig uit. Bah!!
Vader van 'n schattige, kleine Duck.
DD
Verzamelaar zonder grenzen

Berichtdoor Duckfan van Down Under » zo jun 21, 2009 1:16 pm

Ik heb het wel eens gezien op Inducks. Maar hoe leuk het me ook lijkt, de kans is veel te klein dat het in Nederland verschijnt. Maar ja, het ziet er tenminste beter uit als PK.
Duckfan van Down Under

Berichtdoor Rockerduck » zo jun 21, 2009 11:04 pm

Bah, dat superhelden gedoe altijd...

Ik vind alleen Superdonald leuk zoals hij in de oude pockets optreedt: als Donald in vermomming die Guus, Dagobert of Rockerduck een lesje leert, maar er zelf uiteindelijk weer bekaaid vanaf komt.
And if my thought-dreams could be seen
They'd probably put my head into a guillotine
Rockerduck

Berichtdoor DD » ma jun 22, 2009 9:47 am

Rockerduck schreef:Bah, dat superhelden gedoe altijd...

Ik vind alleen Superdonald leuk zoals hij in de oude pockets optreedt: als Donald in vermomming die Guus, Dagobert of Rockerduck een lesje leert, maar er zelf uiteindelijk weer bekaaid vanaf komt.

Precies!
Vader van 'n schattige, kleine Duck.
DD
Verzamelaar zonder grenzen

Berichtdoor Ridder ter Geit » ma jun 22, 2009 10:01 am

Ik heb ooit een SuperDonald van iemand gekregen, met name om mij te pesten (niet de kwaadwillende manier, misschien is 'plagen' een beter woord?), omdat het puur zo'n standaard superheldenverhaal was. Dat de hoofdpersoon Donald Duck was had geen relevantie. Het was niet echt Donald Duck. Dan kwam Darkwing Duck dichter in de buurt. Hij is wel gecreeerd als superheld en is in de serie vaak meer een anti-held.
Ridder ter Geit

Berichtdoor Caspar » ma jun 22, 2009 11:43 am

Ik vind SuperDonald eigenlijk vaak wel leuk, die pocket verhalen dan. Er was ook nog eens een korte tijd een serie van Superdonald, die heb ik niet gelezen maar leek me veel minder leuk, was een beetje te science-fiction-achtig. Dit idee lijkt me eigenlijk ook niet zo heel leuk, maar het zou wel origineel kunnen uitpakken.
Caspar
McDrake's Willie Wortel

Berichtdoor Duckfan van Down Under » ma jun 22, 2009 4:00 pm

DubbelDuck is ook zo'n voorbeeld van een Donald-serie waar ik niet van hou.
Duckfan van Down Under

Berichtdoor Ridder ter Geit » di jun 23, 2009 8:49 am

Ja, ik doelde juist op de SF-achtige speciale reeks, die wijkt totaal af van het personage Donald Duck.
Ridder ter Geit

Berichtdoor Ega Bevan » do jun 25, 2009 11:13 am

Ik vind dit echt gaaf! Ultraheroes was een geweldig verhaal. Ik dacht dat het eenmalig was, en nu hoor ik Carl Rosa vertellen dat er blijkbaar meer van komt! Juich! Duck Power is trouwens ook prachtig, vind ik. Revolutionair, vernieuwend.
Ega Bevan

Berichtdoor Ei » za jun 27, 2009 12:07 am

Nieuws afkomstig van 'Pop Culture Safari':

Monday, June 22, 2009

Boom! Studios to publish Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse comics

As speculated, Boom! Studios has picked up the license to publish Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse comics for Disney. However, unlike Gemstone--which most recently held the license--Boom will be publishing new material, not classic reprints by Carl Barks and others.

According to Newsarama:

Walt Disney’s Comics and Stories #699 (by Riccardo Secchi and Stefano Turconi) and Mickey Mouse and Friends #297 (by Stefano Ambrosio and Lorenzo Pastrovicchio) will be out in September. Both titles will be 24 pages and carry a $2.99 cover price.

The comic creators are Italian, part of the large contingent of creators working for Disney Italia which has been actively producing new comics and properties for Disney and the European market (such as Paperinik - a superheroic world based around Donald Duck, W.I.T.C.H., Kylion,Monster Allergy and others) for years.

That said:

...the rights to publish the classic Disney Comics material is included in Boom’s license, and the publisher has plans for it. “We will be handling the classic material,” Richie said, declining to go into detail at this time. “We’re not going to abandon the fans that are buying that material, so we will have programs and products for them.”

Thank god.

Here are the solicits for the first two Boom! releases:

WALT DISNEY'S COMICS & STORIES #699
(W) Riccardo Secchi (A) Stefano Turconi
One of the longest-lived, greatest comics in history comes to BOOM! Studios! A direct market event — the title that was host to Walt Disney's most cherished characters that helped build a decades-spanning global empire, originally launched in 1942, has come to BOOM! Kids! Ever wondered what would happen when all the superheroes of the Disney comics universe star in an epic clash against all the super villains with the fate of the world at stake? Join The Duck Avenger, Super Goofy, and the man himself Mickey Mouse for an all-new team of heroes, an all-new era in Disney publishing! (C: 0-0-1)
24pgs, FC SRP: $2.99

MICKEY MOUSE & FRIENDS #296
(W) Stefano Ambrosio (A) Lorenzo Pastrovicchio
First BOOM! Kids issue! One of the longest-lived, most-successful comic book series in the industry's history comes to BOOM! and brings a little magic — presenting Wizards of Mickey! Student of the great wizard Grandalf, Mickey Mouse hails from the humble village of Miceland. Allying himself with Donald Duck and his pet dragon named Fafnir, and team mate Goofy, Mickey's come to the great tournament to get his revenge on Peg Leg Pete, who has stolen the Rain Crystal from Miceland! Join Mickey Mouse and his friends on an epic tale of magic and wonder! (C: 0-0-1)
SC, 24pgs, FC SRP: $2.99

This is good news, overall. More comics for kids! Both of my children are big fans of the Donald comics. I'm hoping the new stories are good. But I'm most excited by the prospect of more Barks reprints, ideally in large, book collections at some point. I've missed out on previous efforts to collect his material in those formats and very much want to get ahold of it.

Posted by John at Monday, June 22, 2009
Labels: Disney

bron: http://popculturesafari.blogspot.com/2009/06/boom-studios-to-publish-donald-duck.html
Ei

Berichtdoor Ega Bevan » za jun 27, 2009 2:18 pm

Dus geen nieuwe Ultraheroes verhalen?
Ega Bevan

Berichtdoor Ei » di jul 07, 2009 6:29 pm

Artikel afkomstig van 'Here In Duckburg':
Boom! Studios Confirms Disney License!
June 22, 2009 by texcap

I`m still enjoying a couple of days in Japan before heading back to Texas, but I found a few minutes this morning to log in and check on things comic related and was overjoyed to find the following gem waiting for me.

From Newsarama:

Richie said that Boom’s immediate plan for the license is to start telling new stories, much like they have done with The Incredibles, Cars, The Muppets and others. `The Gemstone material that was being printed most recently are some of the greatest comics in the world – you’re talking about Carl Barks and Don Rosa and all these incredible creators, but what we’re going to be doing is branching off and going in a completely different direction,` Richie told Newsarama. `We’re going to start to approach the Mickey and Donald material from a completely different direction, and we’re going to try to have something that at the same time is less the ‘greatest hits’ reprints and more dovetails into what the Boom Kids stuff is, which is sort of an add to and extension of, modern presence creative take on these classic characters that I think can connect with kids today.`

That said, Richie added that the rights to publish the classic Disney Comics material is included in Boom’s license, and the publisher has plans for it. “We will be handling the classic material,` Richie said, declining to go into detail at this time. `We’re not going to abandon the fans that are buying that material, so we will have programs and products for them.`

I should reiterate that I am sorry that Gemstone couldn`t retain the license, that I loved their commitment to the books and that I wish them all the best as they brought me many a fine memory but I am glad to hear that Donald, Uncle Scrooge, Mickey and the gang are likely in very capable hands and that they`ve got a solid plan in place for old and new fans alike. I`m still most interested in the classic material so I hope to hear more of what their plans are on that front, but I have to admit that I`m looking forward to seeing what new stories they can dream up.

Look for Walt Disney’s Comics and Stories #699 and Mickey Mouse and Friends #297 in September 2009, and be sure to stay tuned here for more.

[Oh, and you can`t imagine how happy I am that Captain America (Steve Rogers) is back (or is coming back more matter of factly)! Expect more discussion on that when I return!]

bron: http://texcap.wordpress.com/2009/06/22/boom-studios-confirms-disney-license/

Artikel afkomstig van 'Newsarama.com':
Boom Gets Mickey, Donald, Goofy & the Gang
By Matt Brady
posted: 21 June 2009 06:57 am

Speaking to Newsarama at Heroes Con in Charlotte, NC on Saturday, Boom! Studios’ co-founder and Publisher Ross Richie confirmed that Boom has acquired the comic book license for Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck from Disney, and will begin publishing the characters through its Boom Kids imprint.

Richie also confirmed that rather than kicking off with new titles immediately, the two titles that will join Boom Kids’ Disney/Pixar and Muppet titles in September are Walt Disney’s Comics and Stories #699 (by Riccardo Secchi and Stefano Turconi) and Mickey Mouse and Friends #297 (by Stefano Ambrosio and Lorenzo Pastrovicchio). Both titles will be 24 pages and carry a $2.99 cover price.

The comic creators are Italian, part of the large contingent of creators working for Disney Italia which has been actively producing new comics and properties for Disney and the European market (such as Paperinik - a superheroic world based around Donald Duck, W.I.T.C.H., Kylion,Monster Allergy and others) for years.

Gemstone last held the license for the Disney characters, but ceased publication at the end of 2008 due to financial issues within the company.

Richie said that Boom’s immediate plan for the license is to start telling new stories, much like they have done with The Incredibles, Cars, The Muppets and others. “The Gemstone material that was being printed most recently are some of the greatest comics in the world – you’re talking about Carl Barks and Don Rosa and all these incredible creators, but what we’re going to be doing is branching off and going in a completely different direction,” Richie told Newsarama. “We’re going to start to approach the Mickey and Donald material from a completely different direction, and we’re going to try to have something that at the same time is less the ‘greatest hits’ reprints and more dovetails into what the Boom Kids stuff is, which is sort of an add to and extension of, modern presence creative take on these classic characters that I think can connect with kids today.”

That said, Richie added that the rights to publish the classic Disney Comics material is included in Boom’s license, and the publisher has plans for it. “We will be handling the classic material,” Richie said, declining to go into detail at this time. “We’re not going to abandon the fans that are buying that material, so we will have programs and products for them.”

While Boom’s take on Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy and the rest of the crew will be new, Richie said that there wasn’t much discussion when it came to what to call the comics, or rather, what long-running series to pick up.

“Our first solicitation is for Mickey Mouse and Friends and Walt Disney’s Comics and Stories, Richie said. “Disney comics are some of the longest-running comic in the history of comic book publishing, and Comics and Stories I believe, is the longest-running series behind Action Comics and Detective Comics. Our first issue of Walt Disney Comics and Stories will be #699, which is kind of humbling legacy to pick up when you have a comic book company that’s only four years old. To be entrusted with that sort of thing, it’s obviously something that we’re looking to handle with the most respect and intensity that we can. I think the Mickey stories that we’re putting together are really going to surprise people. It’s very fresh and cool and is going to be a lot of fun.”

Richie indicated that further announcements about more Disney titles coming from Boom will be made at July’s San Diego Comic-Con.

The solicitations for Boom’s first two issues read:

WALT DISNEY'S COMICS & STORIES #699
(W) Riccardo Secchi (A) Stefano Turconi
One of the longest-lived, greatest comics in history comes to BOOM! Studios! A direct market event — the title that was host to Walt Disney's most cherished characters that helped build a decades-spanning global empire, originally launched in 1942, has come to BOOM! Kids! Ever wondered what would happen when all the superheroes of the Disney comics universe star in an epic clash against all the super villains with the fate of the world at stake? Join The Duck Avenger, Super Goofy, and the man himself Mickey Mouse for an all-new team of heroes, an all-new era in Disney publishing! (C: 0-0-1)
24pgs, FC SRP: $2.99

MICKEY MOUSE & FRIENDS #296
(W) Stefano Ambrosio (A) Lorenzo Pastrovicchio
First BOOM! Kids issue! One of the longest-lived, most-successful comic book series in the industry's history comes to BOOM! and brings a little magic — presenting Wizards of Mickey! Student of the great wizard Grandalf, Mickey Mouse hails from the humble village of Miceland. Allying himself with Donald Duck and his pet dragon named Fafnir, and team mate Goofy, Mickey's come to the great tournament to get his revenge on Peg Leg Pete, who has stolen the Rain Crystal from Miceland! Join Mickey Mouse and his friends on an epic tale of magic and wonder! (C: 0-0-1)
SC, 24pgs, FC SRP: $2.99

Newsarama Note: The original article misquoted Richie as saying that (which began in 1952) was one of the longest running comics, when he actually said that Disney comics as a category, are some of the longst running comics in the history of comics.

bron: http://newsarama.com/comics/060921-Boom-Disney.html
Ei

Berichtdoor Ei » di jul 07, 2009 7:14 pm

"Disney Ultraheroes Adunanza". Tekst van Riccardo Secchi. Tekenwerk van Stefano Turconi. Inducks-code: I TL 2726-2P.
Het voorbeeld dat je geeft is deel 2 en komt uit Topolino (libretto) # 2727. Blijkbaar is deel 1 een proloog.

Ei vindt dit mooi! Complimenten. Vakkundig, mooi tekenwerk! De layouts doen Ei denken aan de periode dat Barks afwijkende layouts bedacht. Bijvoorbeeld in 'Big-Top Bedlam'. (OS 300-02)

Carl Rosa schreef:Zou het ook in het Nederlands verschijnen... Ferdi?

Ferdi schreef op 17 juni 2009: "Ik krijg steeds meer het idee dat ik en mijn collega's hier voor Jan met de korte achternaam reageren op vragen. Als we antwoord geven op jullie vragen worden onze antwoorden vervolgens weer verdraaid om de redactie in een negatieve hoek te drukken."
zie: http://bb.mcdrake.nl/neddisney/viewtopic.php?p=14921#p14921

Waarschijnlijk weet ook de Nederlandse redactie zelf niet of dit materiaal gaat verschijnen. Want een deel van de produktie wordt reeds door het buitenland gedaan. Omdat dit verhaal 3 stroken is en dus al gauw voer voor pockets, zal het ook voor de Nederlandse redactie afwachten zijn of dit materiaal ooit in Nederland gaat verschijnen.

Rockerduck schreef:Bah, dat superhelden gedoe altijd...

Is dat alles wat Rockerduck te melden heeft over dat voorbeeld van Carl Rosa? Wat vind je bijvoorbeeld van het tekenwerk?

Rockerduck schreef:Ik vind alleen Superdonald leuk zoals hij in de oude pockets optreedt: als Donald in vermomming die Guus, Dagobert of Rockerduck een lesje leert, maar er zelf uiteindelijk weer bekaaid vanaf komt.

Ach ja, de oude pockets. Van vroeger. Toen Rockerduck langs het tuinpad van zijn vader de hoge bomen zag staan. :P
Ei kan nu alleen oordelen over het tekenwerk. Dat vindt Ei beter dan wat Ei zich van oude pockets herinnert.

Richie said that Boom’s immediate plan for the license is to start telling new stories, much like they have done with The Incredibles, Cars, The Muppets and others. “The Gemstone material that was being printed most recently are some of the greatest comics in the world – you’re talking about Carl Barks and Don Rosa and all these incredible creators, but what we’re going to be doing is branching off and going in a completely different direction,” Richie told Newsarama. “We’re going to start to approach the Mickey and Donald material from a completely different direction, and we’re going to try to have something that at the same time is less the ‘greatest hits’ reprints and more dovetails into what the Boom Kids stuff is, which is sort of an add to and extension of, modern presence creative take on these classic characters that I think can connect with kids today.” [...]
“Our first solicitation is for Mickey Mouse and Friends and Walt Disney’s Comics and Stories, Richie said. “Disney comics are some of the longest-running comic in the history of comic book publishing, and Comics and Stories I believe, is the longest-running series behind Action Comics and Detective Comics. Our first issue of Walt Disney Comics and Stories will be #699, which is kind of humbling legacy to pick up when you have a comic book company that’s only four years old. To be entrusted with that sort of thing, it’s obviously something that we’re looking to handle with the most respect and intensity that we can. I think the Mickey stories that we’re putting together are really going to surprise people. It’s very fresh and cool and is going to be a lot of fun.”

Zie wat een enthousasme! Ross Richie heeft er zin in. Zijn bedrijf is pas vier jaar oud. Wat een verschil met een bedrijfsblinde, stoffige pluche-plakker als Oom Thom, die enkel platgetreden paadjes bewandelt.
Wellicht verheugt Ei zich nu blindelings over een reclame-praatje. Maar wat een reclame-praatje! "It’s very fresh and cool and is going to be a lot of fun." Ei is bereid dat te geloven. Richie spreekt over de toekomst. Richie wil wel investeren in nieuwe ontwikkelingen. Richie wijst op een toekomst, in plaats van te graven in oude archieven. Hoera!
Ei

Volgende

Keer terug naar Disney medewerkers Buitenland