Carl Barks 3e Stamboom

Berichtdoor ?????????? » zo feb 25, 2007 8:29 pm

http://goofy313g.free.fr/calisota_online/ schreef over die stamboom:

Barks received version 1 thanks to Don Rosa after having made version 2. Version 3 is based on both versions. According to the article, as you can read above, this updated tree includes Old "Scotty" McDuck and provides names for Grandma's children, which is wrong : according to Don Rosa, this tree is a xerox of the first one on which Barks pencilled in "Old Scotty" and Scrooge's two sisters Matilda and Hortense, but didn't add anything about Grandma's children

In an April 22, 1991 letter to Rosa, Barks thanks him for receiving the early 1950s family tree, while mentioning this "updated" version :
"Thanks for sending the "legendary" family tree, which I recognize as my work and which I evidently whipped out without a great deal of serious thinking. It jibes closely with my new tree, of which I enclose an updated copy that shows the two differ only in the origin of Gus Goose.
The fancy hand-drawn family tree with the pictures of figmentary relatives was concocted by Mark Worden. I had no input on that one. However, it goes to show you how many names carelessly dropped into stories can inspire other writers to invent duck family relatives.
ad infinitum"

Zover ik weet te vertalen komt het er op neer dat in die stamboom duidelijkheeid is of Luke the Goose of een ander Gander Gladstone Gander vader is. Is er verder nog meer uit deze of andere bronnen te halen over die stamboom? En weet iemand of hij nog gepubliceerd gaat worden, of dat Rosa hem geheim wil houden omdat hij een hele andere heeft gemaakt dan die van Barks?
??????????

Berichtdoor Luuuuk » zo feb 25, 2007 8:52 pm

Luke Goose heeft Rosa volgens mij de vader van Gijs Gans gemaakt (Nederlands: Archibald Gans)
Luuuuk

Berichtdoor ????? » ma feb 26, 2007 9:56 am

Maar guus vader wordt luke the goose genoemt. En niet luke Goose. Het is onduidelijk of daar verschil in zit. Volgens die grote stambooom op die site wel. Het blijft onduidelijk.
?????

Berichtdoor Ei » ma feb 26, 2007 6:10 pm

?????????? schreef:In an April 22, 1991 letter to Rosa, Barks thanks him for receiving the early 1950s family tree, while mentioning this "updated" version :
"Thanks for sending the "legendary" family tree, which I recognize as my work and which I evidently whipped out without a great deal of serious thinking. It jibes closely with my new tree, of which I enclose an updated copy that shows the two differ only in the origin of Gus Goose.
The fancy hand-drawn family tree with the pictures of figmentary relatives was concocted by Mark Worden. I had no input on that one. However, it goes to show you how many names carelessly dropped into stories can inspire other writers to invent duck family relatives.
ad infinitum"

Zover ik weet te vertalen komt het er op neer dat in die stamboom duidelijkheeid is of Luke the Goose of een ander Gander Gladstone Gander vader is. Is er verder nog meer uit deze of andere bronnen te halen over die stamboom? En weet iemand of hij nog gepubliceerd gaat worden, of dat Rosa hem geheim wil houden omdat hij een hele andere heeft gemaakt dan die van Barks?

De derde versie van de stamboom is omschreven door Rosa. Waarom Rosa moeilijk doet en niet gewoon laat zien wat zijn bronnen zijn, zou te maken hebben met door hem verlangde privacy. Een visie die haaks staat op zijn wens om door Barks-fans gezien te worden als een mede-fan, en op zijn grootspraak over trouwheid aan Barks-bronnen. Als het materiaal privé zou zijn, volgens Rosa, waarom kan het dan wel gebruikt worden voor een openbaar werk zoals Rosa's stamboom?
Kortweg gezegd is Rosa een ontzettend lastig persoon om kersen mee te eten. Wat zijn resultaten en houding betreft was veel van zijn communicatie met Barks een vergeefse moeite voor Barks. Uitgelekte Barks-fragmenten, die tegen de zin van Rosa gepubliceerd zijn, laten zien hoeveel de grootmeester en zijn eigenwijze leerling verschillen van elkaar.

Het verhaal Rosa vs Barks lijkt een beetje op de verhalen over het Vaticaan dat historische documenten achterhoudt over Jezus. Groot verschil is echter dat Rosa wél toegeeft dat, wat hemzelf betreft, het in zijn eigendom zijnde heilige materiaal voor het grote publiek verborgen zal blijven.
Of bij het Vaticaan überhaupt iets geheims valt te halen blijft een vraag. Maar bij Barks-theoloog Keno Don Hugo Rosa weet je tenminste zéker dat het materiaal echt bestaat én doelbewust geheim gehouden wordt.

Misschien verandert o zo principiële Rosa later van gedachten en komt het materiaal alsnog op Ebay? Zoals hij inmiddels afscheid neemt van zijn met hart en ziel bijeen verzamelde stripcollectie?
Of laat hij zijn "privé" Barks-materiaal in een laatste wilsbeschikking verbranden?

Kortweg gezegd is Rosa helaas een ontzettend lastig persoon om kersen mee te eten. Wat hem betreft was veel van zijn communicatie met Barks een vergeefse moeite voor Barks. Uitgelekte Barks-fragmenten, die tegen de zin van Rosa gepubliceerd zijn, laten zien hoeveel de grootmeester en zijn eigenwijze leerling verschillen van elkaar.
Wie het lukt om van vriendelijke Rosa een kopie te ontvangen, verdient een lintje. Zover Ei weet heeft Rosa een eigen kopieermachine, waaronder hij zelfs zeldzame give-aways heeft gekopieerd voor de liefhebber. Oude comics die een ander niet gauw uit de beschermende seals zou halen. Onbegrijpelijk dat een Barks-schets dan ineens wel een probleem is.

Hieronder staat wat Rosa heeft geschreven over de derde stamboom van Barks. De vierkante haken met nummers zijn later van buitenaf toegevoegd, ter identificatie van de bedoelde versies.
"The revised Family Tree [3] he then sent me was the same as the one you see [2] in that album #42, only he eliminated Gus Goose and Grandma's second daughter from the Tree, and added "Old Scotty" McDuck and $crooge's two sisters back -- so this apparently acted as a reaffirmation of the 1950's Tree [1] with the elimination of that aforementioned complication involving Gladstone." [parents dying of overeating at a free picnic]
"But the specific item you desire to see can be imagined easily enough -- the second revised Tree that Barks sent me was a xerox of the first new one he'd sent, only with "Old Scotty", Matilda and Hortense penciled in on one side, and Gus Goose and his mother scratched off the other. There were no names for Grandma's children added..."
(DCML, 23 September 2003)
Ei

Berichtdoor Ei » ma feb 26, 2007 6:15 pm

Hieronder de volledige e-mail van Don Rosa, afkomstig van DCML:

- - - - - - - - - -

DCML Digest Issue 43
Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Tue Sep 23 21:09:36 CEST 2003

> From: "Daniel van Eijmeren" <dve at kabelfoon.nl>
> Subject: Re: Barks letter to Rosa
> Apart from some story ideas, these letters contain two 1990s family trees
> made by Barks for Rosa. A first version, and an updated version. This
> updated version was made after Rosa sent Barks a xerox of Barks's 1950s
> family tree. Only the first version is shown in Blum's article.

You cause me to go back through my stack of Barks correspondence and again
recall how closely I was working with him while constructing my Family Tree
and my Life of $crooge. I submitted all my ideas on both for his comments
all the way up until at least episode 8 of the Lo$... that is the point at
which I lost contact with him and started reading alleged quotes that he
"hated" my $crooge biography... but you all know or should know the story
and people behind that.
It has been 12 years and I had forgotten that I had submitted all of my Tree
diagrams and Lo$ outline to him, and then sent him advance copies of each
episode, all of which he expressed general approval in his letters (though I
think he always seemed naturally puzzled as to why I would want to tackle
that sort of difficult and constraining project rather than simply telling
all new stories).
One thing he sent me was a hand-drawn Family Tree that seemed to indicate
that he did not recall or have a copy of the Family Tree he created (for his
private notes) in the 1950's, and which had long been circulated among us
fans. Barks had probably given the original (as it's in his own handwriting)
away to a fan years earlier, and that's why he no longer had a copy? This
new Tree eliminated the unfortunate 1950's part where Gladstone is orphaned
in a bit of black comedy that would never have been allowed into an actual
comic (parents died of overeating at a free picnic), perhaps at my
suggestion to help eradicate that bit, or, as I say, he had forgotten that
earlier version. So I then sent him a copy of his 1950's Tree to show him
his earlier notions.
The revised Family Tree he then sent me was the same as the one you see in
that album #42, only he eliminated Gus Goose and Grandma's second daughter
from the Tree, and added "Old Scotty" McDuck and $crooge's two sisters
back -- so this apparently acted as a reaffirmation of the 1950's Tree with
the elimination of that aforementioned complication involving Gladstone. I
followed his revised Tree, adding the other Barks relatives used over the
years, and using an actual name for $crooge's father (as "Old Scotty" would
obviously be a nickname). One extra element in my Tree that Mr. Barks did
not like was the inclusion of Ludwig Von Drake, a character for whom he had
a low regard for some reason. But it wasn't until Egmont informed me that
LVD was "officially dead" that I had to eliminate him from the Tree... as
always, it's the publisher, not the creator (neither me or the real guy),
who has the last word.

> Some questions for Don Rosa:
> - Are there more Barks letters than the ones I've mentioned?
> - Is there more material than what I've mentioned? (Sketches, notes, etc.)
> - Do you still have all versions of Barks's 1990s family trees? And would
> you allow them to be published or xeroxed?
> - Do you still have copies of your own letters to Barks?

There are many more letters from Barks to Rosa and Rosa to Barks during
1975-1998 and I have copies of them all, but if I can help it, no one will
ever see them. I think it's the world of too-easily-shared e-mail and the
activities of some very foul blots that made me realize how private and
sacred personal correspondence is!!! I would NEVER have shared Barks'
letters with anyone but Blum since he and he alone was the writer on Barks
matters for Another Rainbow... it seemed okay... but now I even feel that
was wrong. I never knew he would later submit this private correspondence
for publication .... and he may have requested permission later, and if I
agreed it was before I would later realize, as I say, how WRONG this is. I
mean, you can imagine how... "soiled" I feel knowing that all my
correspondence to and from Barks, not to mention all of the correspondence
to and from him to everyone else, ever, has been violated by certain parties
and possibly even stolen for all we know. Apparently other private papers
and photos are now showing up on eBay. Violating private correspondence is a
very dirty business.
But the specific item you desire to see can be imagined easily enough -- the
second revised Tree that Barks sent me was a xerox of the first new one he'd
sent, only with "Old Scotty", Matilda and Hortense penciled in on one side,
and Gus Goose and his mother scratched off the other. There were no names
for Grandma's children added... I obtained/interpolated those from old Barks
stories involving relatives which we fans all knew.

> > From: "Madame Jennifer Inantaz" <madame82 at hotmail.com>
> > To Mr..Rosa:
> > Did you do the scripting for TaleSpin the animated series? (I
> > saw that in the article)

Katie answered this very well.
I can add that I took this job when I was morally forced to quit working for
Gladstone when Disney told them to no longer return artwork to the artists
who owned it. But I had already liquidated my construction company and had
no other work. Disney Animation had wanted me to do something for
"DuckTales" when that was in production, but by 1989 it was "TailSpin" that
was underway. I went to Hollywood and had some meetings with the Studio
folks and returned home to write those episodes that Katie mentions. One
thing that she couldn't know, however, was that those two episodes were the
FIRST episodes written and filmed/made, at least that's what I was told. The
series went on the air when many more had been completed, and my two shows
were added into the body of completed shows. The head writers created the
5-part "origin episode" of the series well into the series' production -- I
guess by then they had a much clearer idea of where the storylines were
going and how the characters would be developing, so they could "create"
them after they already had many adventures in-the-can.
I quit that screenwriting job as soon as I found out that I could work for
Egmont rather than Gladstone (who had been put outta business by Disney by
then, anyway).
But it always struck me as funny that there are so many people who want so
much and study so hard to break into writing/drawing comics *or*
screenwriting... and I accidentally stumbled into both jobs without ever
having had the intention of doing either one for a living... doesn't seem
quite fair.

- - - - - - - - - -

bron: The DCML Archives
http://nafsk.se/pipermail/dcml/2003-September/date.html
Ei

Berichtdoor Duckie Duck » di feb 27, 2007 4:39 pm

Dus in 3e stamboom staat het hele verhaal van guus geluk. Ook staat erin de familie mcduck met de naam van Dagoberts vader en is de 2e dochter van Oma Duck weggelaten.
Duckie Duck

Berichtdoor Luuuuk » di feb 27, 2007 7:00 pm

Duckie Duck schreef:Dus in 3e stamboom staat het hele verhaal van guus geluk.

Hoe bedoel je dat?
Luuuuk

Berichtdoor Rockerduck » di feb 27, 2007 9:36 pm

Luuuuk schreef:
Duckie Duck schreef:Dus in 3e stamboom staat het hele verhaal van guus geluk.

Hoe bedoel je dat?

Hij bedoelt dat de ouders van Guus zich overaten bij een picknick en daarna door de zus van Dagobert en haar man zijn geadopteerd. Dit was een ideetje van Barks dat hij nooit in een strip heeft verwerkt, als reden om Guus een nader familielid van Dagobert te laten zijn dan hij oorspronkelijk was. Maar dat staat dus niét in de derde stamboom, maar in de eerste van Barks.
And if my thought-dreams could be seen
They'd probably put my head into a guillotine
Rockerduck

Berichtdoor Luuuuk » di feb 27, 2007 10:03 pm

Ok, nou snap ik het. ik wist dat van die ouders van Guus wel, maar niet dat hij toen geadopteerd is.
Luuuuk

Berichtdoor Luuuuk » di feb 27, 2007 10:19 pm

Luuuuk Gans is dus zijn echte vader, en Fortunus Geluk niet.
Luuuuk

Berichtdoor ????? » wo feb 28, 2007 10:30 am

Volgens de 1e stamboom van barks wel maar bij de 2e en waarschijnlijk de 3e niet.
?????

Berichtdoor Michiel Q » di sep 13, 2011 10:47 pm

Don Rosa schreef:I restructured the Tree WITH Barks' cooperation. In 1993 he sent me not one, but TWO more versions (still without drawings), and I followed his new and improved ideas.
But this Family Tree subject is covered at great length in the various Egmont Rosa books, and even in more depth in their new DON ROSA COLLECTION, where I discuss each individual Tree member and show copies of Barks' Trees, including the two new ones he sent me.

Bron: http://www.papersera.net/cgi-bin/yabb/Y ... /3551#3551
*) Hypercritical Inquiring Seeker into Tales of Old and Rumors of Yore, as well as Noser-outer of Unprovable Tommyrot!
Michiel Q
Great H.I.S.T.O.R.Y.N.U.T.*

Berichtdoor Ui » wo sep 14, 2011 7:45 pm

Don Rosa schreef:new DON ROSA COLLECTION, where I discuss each individual Tree member and show copies of Barks' Trees, including the two new ones he sent me.

Dit bericht is van gisteren, 13 september 2011 20:00:52. ("Ieri").

Goed dat Rosa blijkbaar van gedachten is veranderd. Eerder preekte hij, op DCML, dat hij publicatie van dergelijk "privé"-materiaal fout vindt. Waarmee hij een negatief oordeel gaf over mensen die dat wel deden. Wat fijn, dat Rosa zich kan laten overtuigen. (snif) Al zal hij wellicht liever beweren dat hij altijd hetzelfde heeft gedacht en de lezer zijn woorden verkeerd heeft begrepen.

Don Rosa op DCML, 23 september 2003:
There are many more letters from Barks to Rosa and Rosa to Barks during 1975-1998 and I have copies of them all, but if I can help it, no one will ever see them. I think it's the world of too-easily-shared e-mail and the activities of some very foul blots that made me realize how private and sacred personal correspondence is!!! I would NEVER have shared Barks' letters with anyone but Blum since he and he alone was the writer on Barks matters for Another Rainbow... it seemed okay... but now I even feel that was wrong. I never knew he would later submit this private correspondence for publication .... and he may have requested permission later, and if I agreed it was before I would later realize, as I say, how WRONG this is. I mean, you can imagine how... "soiled" I feel knowing that all my correspondence to and from Barks, not to mention all of the correspondence to and from him to everyone else, ever, has been violated by certain parties and possibly even stolen for all we know. Apparently other private papers and photos are now showing up on eBay. Violating private correspondence is a very dirty business.

Vanwege deze insteek wilde Rosa toentertijd de derde stamboom niet tonen, hooguit omschrijven. (snotter) Maar ja, het tonen was dan gratis geweest. Nu moet men er een aan Rosa gewijd boek voor kopen. Geheel toevallig natuurlijk. Nee, dit is uiteraard geen "dirty business".
Na zonneschijn komt regen.
Ui
emotioneel wezen

Berichtdoor Ridder ter Geit » do sep 15, 2011 8:37 am

Don Rosa schreef:and he may have requested permission later, and if I agreed it was before I would later realize, as I say, how WRONG this is.

Dus Blum vroeg toestemming, Rosa gaf deze, en gaat later uitweiden hoe fout het is?
Ridder ter Geit

Berichtdoor Ui » do sep 15, 2011 1:39 pm

Overigens heeft Rosa meer geschreven in dat bericht van 13 september 2011:
Cornelius Coot 1818:
>>>>>this is the Barks' Duck Family Tree drawn by Worden in 1981.

Not precisely. Worden made an error in one name. Barks' original Tree, of which both I and my friend Mark Worden have copies, had the name as GOOSETAVE Gander, not "Goosetail".

>>>>>As you can see, little nephews' father has shown with a big face (with ears too!) and short hairs.

That's Worden's idea. Not Barks'. Worden was not in contact with Barks at the time.

>>>>>So, you made some changes from the original Barks' Tree.

Not really -- I restructured the Tree WITH Barks' cooperation. In 1993 he sent me not one, but TWO more versions (still without drawings), and I followed his new and improved ideas.
But this Family Tree subject is covered at great length in the various Egmont Rosa books, and even in more depth in their new DON ROSA COLLECTION, where I discuss each individual Tree member and show copies of Barks' Trees, including the two new ones he sent me.
I'll see if I have a copy of the text and I'll send it to this forum.

Kijk eens hoe goed Rosa is, in vergelijking met Worden. Rosa maakt niet alleen reclame voor zichzelf, maar trapt gerust een "vriend" naar beneden. We moeten volgens Rosa niet die Worden hebben, die geen contact had met Barks. Nee, we moeten ROSA hebben. Aldus Rosa zelf. "Wij van WC Eend adviseren... WC Eend".
Rosa is het schaamteloze zelfpromoten nog niet verleerd. En niemand die er wat van zegt, want je bent zo je internetaansluiting met Duckstad kwijt. (snik)

"Worden made an error in one name. [...] Worden was not in contact with Barks at the time." Alsof Rosa geen fouten maakte en alsof Rosa zijn schriftelijke contact met Barks getrouw benutte.
Hoera! De Don-Rosa-Is-Beter-Dan-De-Rest-machine draait weer. (snotter)

Ridder ter Geit schreef:Dus Blum vroeg toestemming, Rosa gaf deze, en gaat later uitweiden hoe fout het is?

Rosa weet niet zeker of hij Blum nu wel of geen toestemming gaf. Hij weet wel zeker dat Blum o zo fout bezig is. (snik)
Tja, Blum had dat Barksmateriaal natuurlijk moeten bewaren voor "various Egmont Rosa books" en hun (let op de schreeuwerige hoofdletters) nieuwe "DON ROSA COLLECTION", waar Rosa aan kan meeverdienen door artikels te schrijven. Bovendien heeft Rosa nu zelf de regie over wat "privé" is en wat niet. Die kritische Barks bijvoorbeeld, die blijft natuurlijk privé. Maar de aan 'Life of Scrooge' meehelpende Barks, die wekt de fijne indruk dat Rosa helemaal volgens Barks werkte en dat Barks het project ten volste steunde. In het kader van privé moet geheim blijven, kan Rosa nu via Rosapropaganda in Rosaboeken bepalen wat Barks wel heeft gezegd en wat niet. Blum is teveel Barksfan om aan Rosapropaganda mee te werken en dat is natuurlijk afkeurenswaardig.

De oude vos is zijn streken nog niet verleerd. Och, hij wil best zijn tekst gratis op internet zetten. Ja, daarin staat nog meer Rosapropaganda. Maar geen woord over de Barksafbeeldingen. (snik) Zou Rosa die gratis aan het publiek tonen, zoals ze ook gratis aan hem zijn getoond door Barks zelf? Of zijn we nu ineens geen Barksfans onder elkaar, zoals Rosa graag wil doen geloven?

Het is natuurlijk Rosa's volste recht om zakelijk te zijn. Maar voor Ui is moeilijk te verkroppen dat moraalridder Rosa zichzelf daarbij schaamteloos tegenspreekt en anderen (Blum en Worden) omlaag haalt. Zie ook hoe hij aanvankelijk beloofde dat hij nooit een verhaal zou maken over de maand van Dagobert en Goldie, om vervolgens jaren later reclame te maken voor een verhaal waarin het wel gebeurt. Rosa kan zichzelf tegenspreken, en toch lopen zijn fans als kwijlende hondjes achter hem aan. Evenals Uri Geller zichzelf al meerderemalen heeft ontmaskerd als bedrieger en daarna toch volgelingen blijft houden, zo blijft ook Rosa volgelingen houden. (snik)
Na zonneschijn komt regen.
Ui
emotioneel wezen

Keer terug naar Personages en stambomen