DaveAlvarez

Re: My Disney Comic Samples

Berichtdoor MatroosDuck » zo apr 28, 2013 4:21 pm

AMAZING! I love it!
MatroosDuck
:)

Berichtdoor Koen » zo apr 28, 2013 5:16 pm

I agree with Matroosduck, but in the middle picture I'd like to see something in the background, at least one floor.
BarksJippesRotaFerioliKarpGottfredsonScarpaVicarFan!
''I'm going to try to buy Mount Everest, the Taj Mahal, and Hong Kong, and move them to my Amusement Park in Duckburg!''
~Scrooge McDuck (1963)
Koen
-_-

Berichtdoor Robb_K » ma apr 29, 2013 6:32 am

Very nice drawings of Bugs and Elmer! I like your work better than that of many of the Warner Brothers comic book artists I have seen. But, Bugs' whiskers are too long, stiff and thick. They look as if to be composed of metal.
Ik heb alles geleerd van Professor Desiderius Netelmans van de Universiteit van Duckstad.
Robb_K
Klassiek Barksist

Berichtdoor MatroosDuck » ma apr 29, 2013 11:32 am

Robb_K schreef: I like your work better than that of many of the Warner Brothers comic book artists I have seen.

I agree! I have a lot of Looney Tunes comic books, but there are a lot of people who can't draw the Tunes at all.
MatroosDuck
:)

Berichtdoor DaveAlvarez » vr mei 10, 2013 5:36 am

These are a couple of of prints that I'm working on for the Puerto Rico Comicon.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding
DaveAlvarez

Berichtdoor Robb_K » vr mei 10, 2013 7:55 am

Very nice posters, Dave. I am very impressed by your work. I also saw it on The Disney Comics Forum. As it is an English language forum, I understand why you posted it there.

As a Puerto Rican, I could expect you to have posted it also on a Spanish language forum. But I could not find a thread by you on the Spanish Disney forum (from Spain). I am very curious as to why you posted it here, on a Dutch language forum, and yet I could not find a thread by you on the German, Danish, nor Swedish Disney fora. But, maybe you DID post your work there, and I just didn't search correctly (I am not so familiar with those others (other than the Danish). How did you find out about our forum, here (as it is NOT one of the national fora listed by link from the International "Disney Comics Forum")?

Also,- have you worked in feature film animation for any of the studios? Your name is somehow familiar to me (and your drawing style is more like that of feature film or TV animation, rather than traditional comic book art.

Robb Klein
Ik heb alles geleerd van Professor Desiderius Netelmans van de Universiteit van Duckstad.
Robb_K
Klassiek Barksist

Berichtdoor DaveAlvarez » za mei 11, 2013 4:53 am

Hi, Robb;

I grew up reading european comics. They were my inspiration. Asterix and the work of Peyo with the Smurfs were my school.
ALSO, Carl Barks Duck adventures made my imagination run. My entire childhood was defined around Donald Duck in his red car carrying his nephews on that small trunk/seat. I always wanted to join the Disney comics, call that my inner child desire. That's what brought me here. I searched around everywhere for Disney comics forums that were bona fide, but non of them were. I found this one through a friend and, well, here I am.

Yes, I've work on several animated features and TV series for WB. Like I said before, I've been around for a while.
Internet makes the world smaller than we think :-)
DaveAlvarez

Berichtdoor Robb_K » za mei 11, 2013 5:21 am

DaveAlvarez schreef:Hi, Robb;

I grew up reading european comics. They were my inspiration. Asterix and the work of Peyo with the Smurfs were my school.
ALSO, Carl Barks Duck adventures made my imagination run. My entire childhood was defined around Donald Duck in his red car carrying his nephews on that small trunk/seat. I always wanted to join the Disney comics, call that my inner child desire. That's what brought me here. I searched around everywhere for Disney comics forums that were bona fide, but non of them were. I found this one through a friend and, well, here I am.

Yes, I've work on several animated features and TV series for WB. Like I said before, I've been around for a while.
Internet makes the world smaller than we think :-)

I grew up reading the American and Dutch Disney and other comic books, and watching Disney films. I draw storyboards and write stories for Dutch and Danish Disney Comic books, but have worked on 4 animated feature films for Turner Feature Animation and Warner Brothers Feature Animation, as well as 2 1-hour features for Iris productions in luxembourg. I, too also read Asterix and Lucky Luke, but I didn't care much for Kuifje orThe Smurfs (the Franco-Belgian style comics, nor The Italian Disney Comics (other than those of Romano Scarpa and Marco Rota,

Have you looked at our "Toon Je Tekeningen" thread? That is where we post our drawings. We have several young artists who have posted their drawings there, and have recently started working for Sanoma Uitgevers (Dutch Disney Comics). Take a look there. And you can also post drawings there.
Robb_K
Klassiek Barksist

Berichtdoor DaveAlvarez » vr jun 14, 2013 8:18 pm

Hey, guys. It's been a while. Just wanted to share a Donald Duck sample comic page I made.

Afbeelding
DaveAlvarez

Berichtdoor Liampie » vr jun 14, 2013 9:07 pm

Got to say, as you may already know, you're very talented -you know! Love all of your drawings and it's a pleasure to read the artwork of a professional. However I do got to say that you're Looney Tunes drawings are (in my opinion) much better then the Donald Ducks. Hope you can see it too. But I would sure love to see your artwork in a Dutch Donald Duck Comic, because you just deserve so! Please keep drawing, wouldn't like to miss any of your artwork. :)
None of your goldburn business!!!
$crooge Mcduck
Liampie
Tekenaar die vernieuwt...

Berichtdoor Robb_K » za jun 15, 2013 1:55 am

As I stated on another forum, your drawing is good. But, you need to get more consistent in your style of character appearance and poses (movement), and in backgrounds and how they fit with the character (e.g. different universes of the different Disney Comics publishers and animation units.
Robb_K
Klassiek Barksist

Vorige

Keer terug naar Fanfictie & -tekeningen